Michelle Kwan Throws Her Hat into the Political Rink

sk9tingfan

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I haven't seen any hate at all directed towards Michelle. But lots of snide comments towards Biden. And at lot of "say it isn't so" types of posts. Which is not hate.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I haven't seen any hate at all directed towards Michelle. But lots of snide comments towards Biden. And at lot of "say it isn't so" types of posts. Which is not hate.

LOL when it's directed at your favorite, lack of total acceptance and adoration = hate.

I literally see an example of this every day in the media.

VGThuy

LOL when it's directed at your favorite, lack of total acceptance and adoration = hate.

People see what they want to see. That goes both ways. You know what I'm talking about. I also see this "every day in the media" and social media.

I never said the criticism of Biden was unfair, but there are a few condescending posts towards her and some telling her to stick to skating or asking her if she fell on her head one too many times. Yes for Kwan, who usually doesn't get those types of posts, that is a lot of negativity towards her in a while. But go ahead and tell me what I read.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I'm simply making a point there is a difference between hate and disrespect.

barbarafan

Well apparently he is overly enthusiastic about hugging and planting friendly kisses. However the Orange Sh**itshow have taken photos and doctored them up to appear to be something besides affection and filled the internet with them. So I guess the question is....has he now put on his big boy pants and embraces the idea that women are complete equals (except for our secret dominant multitasking gene which was given to women to make up for sitting down to pee)and should be treated equally or is it just lipservice because he will not get in without demonstrating huge strides in that direction. I have no idea but undoing all the damage done to the US and the rest of the world is going to take someone fearless and tireless and they are going to need a team of superhumans.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Love your genetic theory. ;)

Regarding the issue of Biden's behavior towards women, I think I saw in his announcement speech he referenced all men being created equal. A commentator said, "read the room, Joe!"

Japanfan

I think Michelle bet on the wrong horse, but good for her if she sincerely admires him. Politics ain’t for the wusses but then neither is elite figure skating.

Maybe he approached her, on Hillary or someone else's recommendation.

And I'm sure she'll get paid well.

Sylvia

TBD
Michelle's post today: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwvEDffFKyV/
An excerpt:
Thank you for those that responded positively or left encouraging comments on my last post. I know we will not always agree and the great thing about America is that we all have the freedom to have our own ideas & opinions. While we have the freedom to express those opinions on social media, it is important to remember that, in a democracy like ours, we all have an even stronger ability to make our opinions heard by exercising our right to vote.

rhapsody

Pete Bute-Edge-Edge or BUST!

just sayin

:watch:

Im becoming an ole fart and even I want to see young blood in White House.

(And some damn good Christmas decorations with him and Chasten)

I came in to literally say the same thing. Good on her to not side with some moron but I'm tired of seeing all these legitimate nominees who are in their 70s or older.

I'm not an American citizen but I would definitely vote blue and gear more towards progressive views. Even with candidates like Bernie who I thought would be good are just not the best fit at this point. They have great ideas, but also some problematic ones that are so engrained from when they were younger. It's not the like the US has a shortage on excellent young democrats; I think they get passed over because they're not willing to follow tradition or be establishment politicians.

ilovepaydays

uuuuuuggghhhh, this is so disappointing. Biden is so problematic and his campaign is a huge mistake :wall:

I think Michelle bet on the wrong horse, but good for her if she sincerely admires him. Politics ain’t for the wusses but then neither is elite figure skating.

It’ll probably end up being okay. It’s common for respected staff members of losing primary competitors to still get hired by other campaigns or the party’s coordinated campaign for the General Election.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Maybe he approached her, on Hillary or someone else's recommendation.

And I'm sure she'll get paid well.

Campaign people make their money afterwards when they go to for-profit political firms. Campaigns themselves only pay their ad and polling people well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information