Kelowna to host 2019 Skate Canada International

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
Just searched for hotels - and it seems like nothing is available? I find it odd this weekend is already booked for so many of these hotels? However, the weekend after is not booked.

I'm bummed, I think I'd prefer Kelowna to Vegas

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I am going to Vegas. I said I'd rather go to SC than SkAm but dh would rather go to Vegas. :lol:

Just searched for hotels - and it seems like nothing is available? I find it odd this weekend is already booked for so many of these hotels? However, the weekend after is not booked.

I'm bummed, I think I'd prefer Kelowna to Vegas

I just did a quick search on Expedia and there were lots of options. Or were you looking just at the hotel across the street from the rink?

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
I just did a quick search on Expedia and there were lots of options. Or were you looking just at the hotel across the street from the rink?

I looked at hotels.com (which I believe is owned by expedia) There was only one hotel close by the arena, as well as some hostels down town. I did not look on the other side of the river or further out, as I wanted to avoid driving. I saw a lot of booked ones in this area, including the Marriott.

I probably should look at other websites :D.

Colleen

Has anyone heard when tickets might go on sale? We have a room booked in anticipation....

cygnus

I looked at hotels.com (which I believe is owned by expedia) There was only one hotel close by the arena, as well as some hostels down town. I did not look on the other side of the river or further out, as I wanted to avoid driving. I saw a lot of booked ones in this area, including the Marriott.

I probably should look at other websites :D.

Try https://www.prestigehotelsandresorts.com/locations/kelowna/overview/. It looks fine- you can walk to the arena and the prices aren't bad. I booked a room there.

grimey

Skating + photography = my heaven :)
Has anyone heard when tickets might go on sale?

This. Feels like the last SC I went too I had tickets by now.

I don’t want to book a hotel until I have tickets to the actual event

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
I am STILL undecided.

This year it was so nice to go to both SKAM and the Finals, both were within driving distance. The year prior I didn't go to any events and I missed going.

My birthday is the 21st, so I don't really want to go to SKAM in Vegas; I'd rather celebrate my birthday with my family. So Kelowna is attractive, but I'm still not happy with the hotel offerings - looking at airbnb or hotels, it looks like I would have to pay $500+ for 3 nights regardless. I was looking at being within walking distance from the arena it looks like it is pretty central so any hotel nearby would mean that I don't need a car. I could also rent a car of course. Any recommendations?

Does anyone know when they events usually are for Skate Canada? I see the tickets say Thursday 7pm to Sunday 5pm (I assume Sunday is the exhibition which I will likely miss). I don't know if I can get away with flying in Friday morning?

Erin

Banned Member
Does anyone know when they events usually are for Skate Canada? I see the tickets say Thursday 7pm to Sunday 5pm (I assume Sunday is the exhibition which I will likely miss). I don't know if I can get away with flying in Friday morning?

The last two years, all competition events have been held on Friday and Saturday. I think Friday started at around 2 pm local time? (It’s probably been like that a lot longer but those are the two I remember because I went to them.)

I’m undecided too. Kelowna has long been on my list of places to visit...I kind of figured I would decide later and forgot about needing to buy tickets :lol:

pat c

Friday comps are usually 1-2 p.m. so you should be able to fly if your flight and connections work out. Sat is a long day, all the lp's are scheduled. Sunday you can fly out whenever you want unless you want to see the exhibitions.
When I went to SC in Kelowna I rented a car. But if you aren't going to do any touring around, just take a cab from the airport. It is I think if I"m remembering right, about 15 minutes out. If you want to see any of the vineyards, rent a car. Flying out last time, there was a very long line up to go through security. So, just in case, don't cut getting to the airport too fine.

Happy decision making. :)

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
Seems like a lot of the hotels are not on the bigs sites (hotels.com and similar). Ill investigate :D

shutterbug

Heads up all - just received the pre-sale notification e-mail from Skate Canada. The tickets are going fast, so check your e-mail accounts for the message. There was no pre-sale code provided, just a link.

grimey

Heads up all - just received the pre-sale notification e-mail from Skate Canada. The tickets are going fast, so check your e-mail accounts for the message. There was no pre-sale code provided, just a link.

Boo. I have checked my email and received nothing :(

Colleen

I got the pre sale email as well - for those that didn't, there's no code - but it looks like the regular ticket website so it might work even without the email. It's at selectyourtickets.com

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
I got the email, but didn't notice untill this morning. And now the site doesn't load on my work computer, only on my phone.

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
sorry for all my dumb questions - it looks like the corners are pretty far from the ice, and there are not many seats left. :( should have hurried to buy I'm not sure now tbh.

grimey

I did finally get the email and ended up in the corner about 8 rows up. Hotel booked too. Yay! Can’t wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information