The Dance Hall 6: We're All Off Our Rockers 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobre

A few partner splits and/or one-partner retirements that have been confirmed on other threads since the end of the summer but I'm not sure if in the Dance Hall:

Kavaliova & Bieliaiev (one of them is listed as a "former ice dancer")
Kuzmichova & Sinicyn (one of them stated they were done after not making the Olympics)
Lagouge & Rahier (he retired)
Gunter & Wein (she retired)
Amoia & Becker (she is on IPS)
Jakushina & Nevskiy (one of his sites says "former ice dancer")

Moustaffask8r

I wonder how Z/G's GOEs would have been if they had just skated better. Their elements were seriously shaky during that FD. I'm really surprised they weren't artificially held up but I guess some people would argue some other teams domestically have an interest in not seeing them held up...:TT1::skandal
They were held up at SA, M/C should have been 3rd!

yurokis40

let's hope Gilles and Poirier skate great and make the final , we need them in Vancouver, don't know how P&C will fare I know their fans are expecting miracles truth is they haven't competed since worlds, and are introducing a lot of new elements and a new style, they might not be really ready but obviously the French federation is putting a lot of pressure on them to skate at home which could be pointless since they cannot make the final, they might prevent a worthy team from actually making it.

yurokis40

so far this season there has only been one truly standout FD , Gilles and Poirier's Vincent, I know a lot of people like stepanova and Bukin their fd is good, but Alexandra is cleary channeling Tessa Virtue at the beginning, it looks very similar the H&D FD.

yurokis40

well at first I would never have thought that it was possible to make an fd out of don maclean's Vincent its truly a testament to there talent it will be interesting to see the crowd response outside Canada I am sure it will be good this could determine their chances for a world medal by putting pressure on the judges.

Peepsquick

let's hope Gilles and Poirier skate great and make the final , we need them in Vancouver, don't know how P&C will fare I know their fans are expecting miracles truth is they haven't competed since worlds, and are introducing a lot of new elements and a new style, they might not be really ready but obviously the French federation is putting a lot of pressure on them to skate at home which could be pointless since they cannot make the final, they might prevent a worthy team from actually making it.

Where does this info on the Fed putting pressure on P/C to compete come from? The French Fed seems to be the whipping boy for a lot of unfounded rumors. Is there any truth behind this? Aren't P/C allowed to compete, even if it is not geared toward a participation in the Final?
G/P had a couple of chances to gain momentum and they might well continue their upward trajectory but should everyone make way for them or anybody else for that matter?
As for miracles... many of us are just looking forward to seeing many good teams compete and progress during the season.

Peepsquick

the head of their federation has a nasty reputation, not to mention the fiasco at French masters.

Didier's rep is not the best for sure and he angered many people at the Masters but I think that Gabi and Guillaume do want to be in Grenoble. I, among many, missed them and can't wait to see their new RD and FD in whatever level of completion they are.

topaz

Wow, dance is back in business this week after Rostelecom's weak pool selection. There are potentially six teams that could end up on the podium...now this is a competition!

🍷🍷

Huh? I only see 3 teams that can realistically win silver or bronze. S/K, G/P and H/B are the only ones I see on the podium. S/K are the favorites for silver IMO. G/P and H/B battle for the bronze. I think H/B have an outside chance at a bronze, if G/P skate clean.

But this field is far more competitive than at Rostelcom hence the reason S/B received outrageous GOE and PCS scores.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Huh? I only see 3 teams that can realistically win silver or bronze. S/K, G/P and H/B are the only ones I see on the podium. S/K are the favorites for silver IMO. G/P and H/B battle for the bronze. I think H/B have an outside chance at a bronze, if G/P skate clean.

But this field is far more competitive than at Rostelcom hence the reason S/B received outrageous GOE and PCS scores.

S&D and Parsons are podium worthy too. Ice is slippery.

RoseRed

I think G/P and S/K are just about equal, with H/B behind. At SC, the FD scores were almost equal. Now you can say home bonus, but on the other hand you can mention that being in the first group can lead to lower scores, so I'll call it a wash. In the RD, obviously G/P were a mess, but they had a good RD score at their CS event. And even with that disaster RD, they scored higher than H/B at NHK. H/B aren't beating them unless they mess up atm.

Dobre

And M&C are not that good at all.

Have you seen McNamara & Carpenter live this year? They were every bit as fast on the practice ice as the teams they went up against at SA. And more polished & stretched than last season. They've worked very very hard. Almost all new elements this season. I was curious to see how they would look in the practices at SA because last season at Nationals, they were very fast but went up early during the SD and then missed the cut for the final group so we didn't get to see that head-to-head comparison. But at SA, they fit right in. There are some teams that look better on TV than live, and there are some teams that look better live than on TV. The Wheaton teams are the latter, IMO. (I like watching M&C on the screen, but they are better live because you can see the ice coverage).

Last edited:

cholla

Marquessa of Chartreuse
the head of their federation has a nasty reputation, not to mention the fiasco at French masters.
Whatever is reputation is, I have a hard time picturing P/C at his orders and considering their results, I'm unsure their federation is in a position to put pressure on them. Should one of both parties had leverage, I'd rather bet on P/C IMHO (and maybe lose, Ok). I would certainly not call Masters a fiasco. Their RD was just great and there was no use for them to present an unfinished FD. If fiasco there was, it was in the communication department, not with P/C themselves. They agreed for their RD not to be streamed, and them not taking part of the FD was known prior to the competition. They withdrew from NHK due to injury and now Grenoble seems the best place to present their FD : in their home country, before a (mainly) French audience. I don't think they need any pressure from their fed to do that.

Last edited:

Miloune

I think we all know where this shade (sometimes deserved I admit) towards the French fed comes from...
The PC thread wasn't closed so that useless drama would be created elsewhere..
Like Cholla said, let's enjoy P/C in Grenoble, I'm sure they're super happy to share their hardwork and it'll be thrilling to witness it live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information