Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov confirm their split

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting these 2 article links from the From Russia with love thread:
Fedor Klimov confirmed that Ksenia and he have parted their ways
https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20180831/1141038913.html
"To date, the Stolbova / Klimov pair does not exist according to our mutual decision," Klimov said, "I am grateful to Ksenia for the joint sporting career, for the years we spent together on the ice. I think we achieved a lot, but we decided to stop preparation, and this decision is final."

http://tass.ru/sport/5512285
Stolbova, who won the gold of the team's Olympic tournament together with Fedor Klimov and silver in the sports pairs at the Sochi Olympics, stopped working together in the spring - after the figure skater suffered a leg injury before the World Cup in Milan.

"We have not even met since that time, Fedor did not get in touch, there was no interest either in my state of health or in my future plans," Stolbova said. "After the incident, I was left alone with myself." But I did not even have a thought to complete a career. "

The athlete said that her leg injury does not bother her any more: "I have completely recovered, and I want to say thank you to everyone who was with me during this difficult time, especially Tatyana Tarasova, who helped me morally, humanly and with the necessary rehabilitation, and our osteopath, Jorge Fernandez, I have healed everything that bothered me before, I continue to work, I continue to train."
ETA that we'll always have this December 2015 Grand Prix Final free skate to remember them by: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIvc05OEoiE

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
So it's confirmed. Who, other than their diehard ubers were holding out any hope they hadn't split? :drama: There's been a slow drip-drip of gossip and speculation all off-season. This is simply, finally confirmation, not shocking or unexpected news. Wish them both well and save your tears.

caseyedwards

Makes sense. Can’t have both partners be injury prone. They never compete!! Can’t get momentum ever. It’s for the best. It’s sad. Injuries ruined the partnership.

skatingguy

decently
I think Stolbova and Klimov made a huge mistake, but it's their lives..
I think four years of frustration culminating in being barred from the Olympics took its tole on the partnership. How many people would have believed you 2014 if you'd told them that Stolbova/Klimov's only major title would be one Grand Prix Final, that they'd never win Europeans, and never win another World Championship medal.

Tinami Amori

I think four years of frustration culminating in being barred from the Olympics took its tole on the partnership. How many people would have believed you 2014 if you'd told them that Stolbova/Klimov's only major title would be one Grand Prix Final, that they'd never win Europeans, and never win another World Championship medal.
I would, honestly..... given the rumors about "how different they are" as people, and watching Ksenya show a lot of "emotion" in face and body language in situations when one must keep calm and centered.

Mad for Skating

Sad news today. Not unexpected, but I still kept hoping they would somehow work it out. I'm very grateful for the beautiful skating they blessed us with in their nine-year career, it helped me through a lot of hard times and they were one of my very favorite pairs.

So it's confirmed. Who, other than their diehard ubers were holding out any hope they hadn't split? :drama: There's been a slow drip-drip of gossip and speculation all off-season. This is simply, finally confirmation, not shocking or unexpected news. Wish them both well and save your tears.

Hold my tears? It's easier said than done.

She has seemed like a total prima donna bitch for years. I am not surprised he left her after she cost them a trip to the past Olympics. Good riddance.

Now there's no need to be nasty about it...and she sure didn't seem like a b*tch when she gave my friend her autograph last year at worlds...

Oh yes, I see it https://mobile.twitter.com/stanbova/status/1005492200875155457
https://mobile.twitter.com/stanbova/status/997907027065262081

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
@Japanfan what @LarrySK8 said seems more applicable to Trankov and a plethora of other male skaters yet that’s never been an issue it seems, some people place the talent before the personality yet the same can’t be done for Stolbova or other female skaters who automatically become (insert insult here)

#DoubleStandards

barbarafan

@Japanfan what @LarrySK8 said seems more applicable to Trankov and a plethora of other male skaters yet that’s never been an issue it seems, some people place the talent before the personality yet the same can’t be done for Stolbova or other female skaters who automatically become (insert insult here)

#DoubleStandards

She has a hard shell as I am assuming might be necessary to survive in the tough competition of Russian figure skating especially as there is such a selection of tiny girls who you can throw around with one hand and not breathe hard. I think inside there is a great sensitivity which I saw in Boston I believe...She had her death stare on and the crowd clapped louder and louder and then that beautiful smile came out.

She spent their last season landing her triple twist on her own trying to cover up the fact that Fedor was not catching or even slowing down her momentum due to his shoulder injury (not surprised...I have a ruined shoulder and have trouble raising it up and cannot hold any weight when I do after 4 months of physio then another 5 mths of aqua therapy)It was not a question of if she would injure herself but when she would do it and she prob.kept skating on it. Nice of him not to enquire how she was (if that is true).

oleada

I also think Ksenia deserves a lot of credit for their programs because it sounds like she did a lot of the work in picking the music and helping with the choreography.

I’m sad. But it’s not unexpected :(

Mad for Skating

Just because one kisses dogs, does not mean one does not bite humans.

(and i love S/K, just saying...)

She is fierce, I won't lie. But I don't think it is a bad thing.

Translate: she dared to show some personality and sass, had healthy self-esteem (possibly) and may have been so bold to have expressed her opinions and preferences.

To me she was very refreshing.

I agree! You can say the same about Wenjing Sui, Aliona Savchenko, and half the fabulous diva girls in pair skating. Personally I prefer Ksenia to the other Russian pair girls Tarasova and Zabijako who have a more quiet personality on the ice.

#DoubleStandards

PREACH! I guess some people have a hard time when a woman, heaven forbid, gets angry in public or has confidence because she is young and beautiful!

She has a hard shell as I am assuming might be necessary to survive in the tough competition of Russian figure skating especially as there is such a selection of tiny girls who you can throw around with one hand and not breathe hard. I think inside there is a great sensitivity which I saw in Boston I believe...She had her death stare on and the crowd clapped louder and louder and then that beautiful smile came out.

She spent their last season landing her triple twist on her own trying to cover up the fact that Fedor was not catching or even slowing down her momentum due to his shoulder injury (not surprised...I have a ruined shoulder and have trouble raising it up and cannot hold any weight when I do after 4 months of physio then another 5 mths of aqua therapy)It was not a question of if she would injure herself but when she would do it and she prob.kept skating on it. Nice of him not to enquire how she was (if that is true).

I agree. She is a tough girl, like most female pair skaters are, but I've also seen some truly beautiful smiles and interactions. Some of my skating fan friends have met her and they say she really appreciates the fan support.

I really don't want to believe what she said about Fedor. He has always seemed very supportive and affectionate towards her despite their differences. But I can also understand that after everything that happened last year, they might both be just ticked off and more prone to argue. Emotions run high in those extreme situations, but I hope they come around to a level of civility like Aliona and Robin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information