2018 Summer TV New/Returning Shows

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
2018 Summer TV New/Returning Shows: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday April 29/2018 - Saturday May 05/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, April 29
9 p.m. - The Good Witch Season 4 - Hallmark
9 p.m. - Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown Season 11 - CNN (75-Minute Premiere)

Monday, April 30
8 p.m. - Dancing with the Stars All-Athletes Edition Season 26- ABC
8 p.m. - VERY SUPERSTITIOUS WITH GEORGE LOPEZ - A&E
10 p.m. - Elementary - CBS
10 p.m. - AMC Visionaries: James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction - AMC

Wednesday, May 02
12:01 a.m. PT - Cobra Kai - YouTube Red
9 p.m. - Colony Season 3 - USA
10 p.m. - Code Black Season 3 - CBS (started last week, a week early)
TBA - Being Serena - HBO

Please post any updates I may have missed.

Last edited:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday May 06/2018 - Saturday May 12/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, May 6
8 p.m. - SWEETBITTER - Starz
8:30 p.m. - VIDA - Starz
10 p.m. - I'm Dying Up Here Season 2 - Showtime

Tuesday, May 8
12:01 a.m. PT - HARI KONDABOLU: WARN YOUR RELATIVES - Netflix
10 p.m. - Chrisley Knows Best Season 6 - USA
10:30 p.m. - The Cromarties Season 2 - USA

Friday, May 11
12:01 a.m. PT - EVIL GENIUS: THE TRUE STORY OF AMERICA'S MOST DIABOLICAL BANK HEIST - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Spirit Riding Free Season 5 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - THE WHO WAS? SHOW - Netflix
8 p.m. - MEGHAN MARKLE: AN AMERICAN PRINCESS - Fox

Saturday, May 12
9 p.m. - PATRICK MELROSE - Showtime

Please post any updates I may have missed.

manhn

Timeless started a bit slow but the last few episodes have been so great. Tonight was great. Cagney and Lacey, love!!!!

VGThuy

Holy eff Steven Universe. Back from a small hiatus and reveals that the most absurd and dismissed fan theory turned out to be right and has been lying to us for the past five years. And I LOVE it.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I'm not worried about my Chicago shows (they should be back with no problem) but if Lucifer and Timeless aren't renewed for next season, I'm gonna be SO salty and depressed about it. Both shows have been SO good and I'm not ready to see either of them end yet. *sends good vibes to the TV gods and keeps all her fingers crossed* :blocjudge :inavoid: :saint:

PeterG

I'm not worried about my Chicago shows (they should be back with no problem)...

I'm a week behind with Chicago Med. Just watched last week's episode tonight. A tough (but good episode). I had no idea that hospitals had procedures for mass casualties and had to...I don't know the right words to use, but sidestep patients who could maybe be resuscitated and focus on other patients instead who had a great chance of surviving. To have to call the the time of death for someone who, in other circumstances, you could try different things which could result in a different outcome What a horrible position to be put into as medical professionals! :fragile:

Cachoo

The two series that I've been chomping at the bit to see: "Patrick Melrose" on Showtime and "Little Women" on Masterpiece. AND THEY ARE ALMOST HERE!!! Much praise to the new season of "The Expanse" on SyFy: Great story, beautifully filmed and first-rate effects.

PeterG

I thought this week's episode of Roseanne was very sharp, but in it's comedy and it's social commentary. DJ having to leave his child with his grandmother overnight because he had to sleep on a sidewalk overnight to be able to have access to veteran's service was quite bold. The Muslim storyline wrapped up a little too neatly and too quickly, but the neighbour's quip at the very end of the episode shows there's still room for improvement. :lol: People talk about Roseanne (the person) as being conservative, but there's so much this season that makes me wonder if she really is conservative...or is just irritated with her country being so divided and it's like a Mom forcing two kids to talk about their problem issues. So she's just putting a lot out there for people to think about, talk about...and laugh about. This season seems to be getting better with each episode.

skatesindreams

Roseanne doesn't write the episodes as much as she once did; so, I don't know how much they reflect her beliefs, even though she may have "creative control" over their content.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity

I saw that on Twitter earlier and had a mini meltdown. :( SO STUPID. Fox kept shows with lower ratings and added a bunch of reboots. I did see that #SaveLucifer was trending (and might still be trending) so this news definitely woke up the fanbase. I don't know if it will work but hey, I'm game to try anything to help keep a good show on the air. :fragile:

ballettmaus

I saw that on Twitter earlier and had a mini meltdown. :( SO STUPID. Fox kept shows with lower ratings and added a bunch of reboots. I did see that #SaveLucifer was trending (and might still be trending) so this news definitely woke up the fanbase. I don't know if it will work but hey, I'm game to try anything to help keep a good show on the air. :fragile:

I didn't think it was that good this season. The holdover episodes from the season before broke the flow during the first half of the season and that love triangle in the second half... don't get me started. Plus, they lost of lot of the supernatural aspect especially in Lucifer and the characters stagnated. But I really wanted to see it renewed so that they'd have a chance to go back to the greatness from S1 and S2.

love skating

Clueless American
Quite a few shows have been cancelled that I really really like... sad to see The Last Man on Earth, The Expanse, Rise and The Crossing cancelled. Am worried for my favorites Timeless and Marvel Agents of Shield as well. And I'm so tired of reboots now. Can't anyone come up with an original thought? Or I guess people do come up with original thoughts and they get canceled or never picked up in the first place :(

manhn

Riverdale had a real drop off this past season. I watch it still but I LOVED the 1st season.

The reveal of the Black Hood was disappointing. And I HATE THE SOUTHSIDE SERPENTS. SO MUCH.

But the cast is still great. The last episode was quite wild. I hope they can recover next season.

meggonzo

Banned Member
I am confused about the Black Hood since Archie was attacked at the same time as the big reveal. Also, I was about to cut a bitch after Fred was shot again. Next season could just be a Fred and FP bromance, and I'd be happy! :lol: And Cheryl being badass.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I didn't think it was that good this season. The holdover episodes from the season before broke the flow during the first half of the season and that love triangle in the second half... don't get me started. Plus, they lost of lot of the supernatural aspect especially in Lucifer and the characters stagnated. But I really wanted to see it renewed so that they'd have a chance to go back to the greatness from S1 and S2.

The one producer said earlier today that the finale on Monday ends on a big cliffhanger and he apologized that it was going to be frustrating for fans. I thought recent episodes had gotten way better (although I did enjoy the season as a whole) and I agree that S4 could have been really awesome. :(

PeterG

The Exorcist had two strong seasons, but I think I'm the only one of FSU who followed it. Really going to miss The Mick, the cast were so incredible together. I normally don't like shows with unlikeable characters, but there was always something sweet about these sour people in some way that I could manage through all the rough stuff they got into. :lol: I expect I'll be seeing all of them in the future in other shows or movies.

cmk

Riverdale had a real drop off this past season. I watch it still but I LOVED the 1st season.

The reveal of the Black Hood was disappointing. And I HATE THE SOUTHSIDE SERPENTS. SO MUCH.

But the cast is still great. The last episode was quite wild. I hope they can recover next season.
Who was the black hood? I did watch the "Carrie" musical episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information