IOC's decision: (clean) Russian athletes can compete under neutral flag at PyeongChang Olympics

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
I need him at the OG. Let's start another petition to send him in. I don't think we can save Ksenia considering all the McLaren report said, but he wasn't even in Sotchi.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Will the team gold?

If this sticks, does that mean the next Pair and Dance team from Russia will be at the Olympics?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Why is Bukin on the list? Are we sure it's Bukin and not Bobrova? She is the one with the WADA run-in.

VGThuy

I feel uneasy about this because how last minute this all seems. I think this whole process is like many months behind where it should have been. Was it because the investigation simply took that long and there was no possible way to do it earlier with the same thoroughness?

caseyedwards

The IOC is being very clear. The athletes must be banned so no one thinks they are doping.

“Not being included on the invitation list does not necessarily mean that an athlete has been doped – it should not automatically cast doubt on their integrity.”

Valerie Fourneyron invitations committee

MarieM

And that is clear HOW????? twitter account for Mrs Fourneyron is public knowledge.

BittyBug

Disgusted
The IOC is being very clear. The athletes must be banned so no one thinks they are doping.

“Not being included on the invitation list does not necessarily mean that an athlete has been doped – it should not automatically cast doubt on their integrity.”

If there is no doubt about their integrity then they should be invited.

Vagabond

Stolbova and Bukin have never even been suspended for a doping violation so whatever "evidence" they have against them must be pretty thin. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? :(
I would suggest you start reading this thread from the beginning, as it is all explained there.

This isn't a criminal procedure. In this instance, as Russian athletes, they have to be proven clean to receive an invitation.
If there is no doubt about their integrity then they should be invited.
And if there is any doubt, they won't be.

love_skate2011

Banned Member

An Oxymoron statement ? and this is one of the trio of the invitations committee ?

caseyedwards

I would suggest you start reading this thread from the beginning, as it is all explained there.

This isn't a criminal procedure. In this instance, as Russian athletes, they have to be proven clean to receive an invitation.

But now the biggest doubt about an athlete is not being invited. They had the opportunity to run as many tests as they wanted!

MarieM

That was wrong from the time said comission was created. Or IMO, you should uninvite nearly 100% of all the athletes going.

the process is unfair and unbalanced.

RoseRed

Keep in mind that the IOC is not officially making their decision until the 27th, so they likely won't offer any explanation until then. They've informed the Russians ahead of that date, and it's them who've shared the information. So we can't say that there is not evidence just because the IOC hasn't published it yet. I wouldn't expect them to put something out until the 27th.

chapis

but it is so wrong. So if suddenly I say that I watched to Nathan consuming drugs, they won´t invite him until someone make an investigation to prove his innocence?

love_skate2011

Banned Member
But now the biggest doubt about an athlete is not being invited. They had the opportunity to run as many tests as they wanted!

exactly, it doesnt matter how many tests you get outside, if you aren't being plucked randomly by the IOC. This is a real farce and all athletes denied with no explanation should sue this woman or IOC in court.

chapis

yep, +one more he/she must be russian.

Absolutely. You just imagine that instead of Bukin it was Nathan, if people can´t forget that Ashley did not get in the US team :rolleyes:, I imagine this would be a scandal and Trump starting the 3rd world war.

skatfan

exactly, it doesnt matter how many tests you get outside, if you aren't being plucked randomly by the IOC. This is a real farce and all athletes denied with no explanation should sue this woman or IOC in court.
The athletes do have appeal rights that they are using. Heartsick for Stolbova and Bukin, and so angry at the Russian government for leaving this state-sponsored doping unaddressed so that it got to this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information