IOC's decision: (clean) Russian athletes can compete under neutral flag at PyeongChang Olympics

love_skate2011

Banned Member
This is a false witch hunt, probbaly Ahn was added because someone on quick short noticed he was a threat to pyongchang and of course you know who those liars are. I hope they appeal to CAS like Efimova and get a fair judgement.

morqet

rising like a phoenix
Russian athletes drug tests are done UK ADA for a while, so it is already done by a foreign agency...

It is a witch hunt, that is what it is...

Well, if it's due to records from the Moscow lab, it would be for something prior to the last 2 years - the lab has a history of "losing" test records and to be cleared to compete athletes had to be able to demonstrate a completely clear record.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
German press reporting it's a first, provisional list of invitations and not the final list.
So, optimistic (as I never am) I just hope :drama:

it is only Russia who recieved the provisional list invitations, it is tentative but it will be fully published in Jan 28.

MissIzzy

Well, if it's due to records from the Moscow lab, it would be for something prior to the last 2 years - the lab has a history of "losing" test records and to be cleared to compete athletes had to be able to demonstrate a completely clear record.
If there is a specific reason for this, the IOC would do well to provide it. I don't know if this is really indication they're taking out the competition, since if they were they'd probably go after Bobrova instead of Bukin. But right now this just looks arbitrary and, by extension, cruel.

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
The accelerated procedure of appeal weren't allowed by the IOC
https://rsport.ria.ru/winter2018_russia/20180123/1131517779.html
I understand that the decision is per discipline and not in general. So it's still unclear whether the figure skaters will get the permission for the accelerated procedure.

And, well, I am very little invested in the Russian patriotism and such; plus I have no doubt that there was some doping scheme in Sochi. And I am absolutely enraged. It is one thing to remove the doped or suspected athletes, and another - completely random ones with no explanation. It does smell like a political decision of the worst kind.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Stolbova and Bukin have never even been suspended for a doping violation so whatever "evidence" they have against them must be pretty thin. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information