Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir, #46 : Until the End of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goody2shoes

Only found articles in French so far:
http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/autre...ue-et-moir-veulent-finir-lannee-en-beaute.php

They are getting their own Cheerios box in January : )

Of the two, I would have thought Tessa to be more likely to stay in Montreal. Glad Scott is liking where he lives. Would not be surprised if he gets into coaching or involved with B2Ten.

Thanks so much for this news bit :) It's a such simple but great idea for Canadians to cheer on their Olympians. I too hope that they will retire to go into the sport (eventually), be it coaching or even, in line of choreography (that'll be a novel idea ;P). Sigh, promise myself to embrace this season wholeheartedly ...

Also here's a link for the translated version of the article above.

https://translate.google.com/transl...ue-et-moir-veulent-finir-lannee-en-beaute.php

Rafter

Only found articles in French so far:
http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/autre...ue-et-moir-veulent-finir-lannee-en-beaute.php

They are getting their own Cheerios box in January : )

Of the two, I would have thought Tessa to be more likely to stay in Montreal. Glad Scott is liking where he lives. Would not be surprised if he gets into coaching or involved with B2Ten.

That’s nice they’re getting a Cheerios box. Does anyone remember if they were on one in 2010 or 2014?

kittysk8ts

It must be horrible to get away from someone who has been by your side almost daily for so many years :(. During their break they lived in different cities?
I am not sure either really had a home base during their 2 seasons off as they were touring a lot. They may have stayed with their parents when not touring? Tessa's parents live in London, ON and Scott's in Ilderton, ON which are very close in proximity.

lauravvv

Yes, thank you, ddtpdx, cgirl8 and everyone else who has brought links to interviews, photos etc. here.

Tessa and Scott went to the Leafs game in Montreal with Mikael Kingsbury https://twitter.com/MikaelKingsbury/status/932318619916218368
Usually I like Tessa's fashion sense but I'm definitely not a fan of this animal print coat and these high waist jeans.
Thank you as well, Golden1. As for the animal print, I don't really mind. Funny that so many people consider animal prints completely tasteless, but they just keep returning and returning into fashion, or, rather, have actually never gone out of it (the fashion), having become a true classic.

Golden1

Well I really, really hate animal print with a passion. Didn't Scott and Tessa get a Leaf's jersey a couple weeks back? I would have loved to see her in that but I know that that isn't Tessa's style ;) I also find this coat to be a strange fashion choice for a sports event but maybe there is a difference between Canada and Europe. However, it doesn't matter. As long as they look amazing on the ice, I try no to care about off the ice.;)

Isabelle.G

Thanks for bringing all this stuff here!

Tessa and Scott went to the Leafs game in Montreal with Mikael Kingsbury https://twitter.com/MikaelKingsbury/status/932318619916218368
Usually I like Tessa's fashion sense but I'm definitely not a fan of this animal print coat and these high waist jeans.
Oh, thanks for the link! I don't mind high waist jeans, they're quite comfortable. :D Animal prints are okay with me as long as they're only prints and the material is faux. ;)

Xela M

Thanks for bringing all this stuff here!

It's pretty difficult for her to look bad in anything. She's annoyingly (because I'm a girl :p) stunning

I must say she looks in brilliant shape this year

Golden1

It's pretty difficult for her to look bad in anything. She's annoyingly (because I'm a girl :p) stunning

I must say she looks in brilliant shape this year
Couldn't agree more. How can she look beautiful even when she's training without make-up on? As soon as I do any kind of sports the color in my face turns red, I'm sweating and my hair is a mess.:lol: I would also like to have her body. Her arms, her stomach, everything. Unfortunately I'm kind of lazy when it comes to sports, so I will never look like her. If I didn't like her so much, I would hate her. :D

MRani

I actually love the way Scott’s all black outfit contrasts with Tessa’s bright red dress in their exhibition costumes. I wouldn’t mind something similar in their FD outfits. Tessa’s FD dress is stunning cut wise but I think the colors (grey for Scott and deep burgundy for Tessa) are too muted. A more passionate red for Tessa’s dress could add an extra dimension of excitement.

kittysk8ts

I hope this will be new dress for SD :) I love FD costumes.
I think Tessa's first dress look good for ex in darkness, but not as spectacular in competitions.
I think it is Pani. Her current SD dance is hanging up in the background....

Goody2shoes

Another interview, from the US Olympic Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LGQN25sWDM
Interesting piece from another country other than Canada. Though, am I wrong that they never actually did announce to retire after 2014 Sochi (as it was stated on video)?

I'm already in love with what they chose for outfits in both programs so far. Haha Oh I can't believe that I actually like the subtle leopard sheer print on Tessa. Different (good way) than what we can see from other ice dancers. And basically she totally worked it for SD. I also agree with marbri's comment on that their current FD outfits does give MR a modern take, similar to what they did with Carmen. The dress style and colour is just beautiful on Tessa. Maybe I do see a change with Scott's. Anyhow, I'm just excited to see what they'll decided to change in outfits for coming up GPF & at Olympics, but mostly, in their perfecting both their programs elements.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
They never retired after 2014. In fact I recall some people getting upset because they would never say it and they felt they were stringing people along like Lysacek did. They seem a lot more sure now but they did say in one interview that they won't say it 100 % because they felt heading into Sochi it would be their last and it wasn't so they don't want to be that team that retires officially but keeps coming back.

But I I still see a difference in the way they talk and it really seems like this is it.

sap5

But I I still see a difference in the way they talk and it really seems like this is it.

It does sound from interviews like they know what they'll be doing after the Olympics (and it won't be continuing as competitors). That transition can be difficult, so if they've got a good sense of what comes next, I'm really happy for them.

Rafter

Well I really, really hate animal print with a passion. Didn't Scott and Tessa get a Leaf's jersey a couple weeks back? I would have loved to see her in that but I know that that isn't Tessa's style ;) I also find this coat to be a strange fashion choice for a sports event but maybe there is a difference between Canada and Europe. However, it doesn't matter. As long as they look amazing on the ice, I try no to care about off the ice.;)

In Toronto and Montreal some people get quite dressed up for sporting events. You see a lot of men in suits and a lot women are dressed to the nines. It’s a scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information