The Dance Hall 5: Ice Dance Fans 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

forthewin

See, P/C fans are really a bunch of something. In their mind you can't possibly Not like P/C. If you don't, open your heart and be brainwashed. What's this? A psycho religion? Since when people need others' approval to have their own feelings and opinions? It's beyond ridiculous and condescending.

Anyasnake

See, P/C fans are really a bunch of something. In their mind you can't possibly Not like P/C. If you don't, open your heart and be brainwashed. What's this? A psycho religion? Since when people need others' approval to have their own feelings and opinions? It's beyond ridiculous and condescending.

I'm quoting MY previous post :
"you're allowed to appreciate one team or the other". And a little humour saying "you're in denial" is to break the tension, which could be nice to start on a new basis.

Now, how rude is it to put us in a "bunch of something" ?
I couldn't care less who you like or not. I just gave arguments why I like them, why I disagree with that one, or the other one, why I agree with that person and not you... this isn't being condescending, this is giving point of views.
On the other hand, you have done nothing to prove your points towards us, the fans, and you're being rude towards US. We have been nothing but polite. Actually, the great majority of the people on the forum are very polite and take account of all the arguments towards/against one team or another.
I guess it's easier for you to be behind a computer. But on FSUniverse, we like skating. Not bashing, nor insulting. Please, stop calling anyone whose a fan of a team you don't like "ridiculous". It's plain rude and unecessary. Thank you.

forthewin

I'm quoting MY previous post :
"you're allowed to appreciate one team or the other". And a little humour saying "you're in denial" is to break the tension, which could be nice to start on a new basis.

Now, how rude is it to put us in a "bunch of something" ?
I couldn't care less who you like or not. I just gave arguments why I like them, why I disagree with that one, or the other one, why I agree with that person and not you... this isn't being condescending, this is giving point of views.
On the other hand, you have done nothing to prove your points towards us, the fans, and you're being rude towards US. We have been nothing but polite. Actually, the great majority of the people on the forum are very polite and take account of all the arguments towards/against one team or another.
I guess it's easier for you to be behind a computer. But on FSUniverse, we like skating. Not bashing, nor insulting. Please, stop calling anyone whose a fan of a team you don't like "ridiculous". It's plain rude and unecessary. Thank you.
Has it occurred to you when you think you're so hilarious, you are actually being rude yourself? I don't sense your humor here.

forthewin

@Anyasnake , some people like to pretend they’re the only sane people in the room. Logic isn’t “logical” to them :p.
What a mean person you are. Yes, English is not my first language. Yes, I used logic when I should use logical. You have been laughing at me for that a few times. Does that make you feel good? So superior? Talking about being rude.

Anyasnake

Has it occurred to you when you think you're so hilarious, you are actually being rude yourself? I don't sense your humor here.
How much laughing emojis do I have to put after my sentences, then ? English isn't my first language either. I truly believe there was nothing rude about my sentence, and I wouldn't dare being rude to someone behind a computer either.
I'm not continuing this pointless/endless conversation anymore, I believe we're both adults. Let's move on.

chantilly

Ugh.

Can the mods or admins shut down this conversation already.
I want to see posts about Ice Dance.

It's not just For the Win behaving badly although, sorry For the Win, but your reactionary and irrational comments are REALLY
Off putting.

But just because a lot of us here are finding them tedious doesn't mean some people aren't being insulting and dismissive as well.
Just stop please.

GreenGan

Anyway, since it's the Ice Dance thread and that Ice Dance is not just P/C and V/M I'd like to talk about the other team that are right on their heels. I think we can safely name H/D, The shibs, C/B, C/L, B/S, W/P and maybe also add G/P to that group of people who can rightly aim for the podium.

We haven't seen C/B, C/L and the Shibs program yet so we can't really talk about them, but so far, who made the strongest impression on you ?

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I think the race for the bronze medal is much more interesting than for the top 2 (because let's face facts that it will be either Papadakis/Cizeron or Virtue/Moir who will be Olympic gold and silver medallists barring accident or injury). Potentially, any of up to 6-7 teams could either end up with a bronze medal or come 9th. :eek:

I do think the likelihood is that we will see an American team on the podium with my preference being Hubbell/Donohue to make it an all-Montreal podium.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I think the race for the bronze medal is much more interesting than for the top 2 (because let's face facts that it will be either Papadakis/Cizeron or Virtue/Moir who will be Olympic gold and silver medallists barring accident or injury). Potentially, any of up to 6-7 teams could either end up with a bronze medal or come 9th. :eek:

I do think the likelihood is that we will see an American team on the podium with my preference being Hubbell/Donohue to make it an all-Montreal podium.

Pretty much agree although I see a battle to get RUS on that podium as well so with a battle between US and RUS for that third spot funny things can happen to make the first two spots not so secure.

ninalovesskating

Anyway, since it's the Ice Dance thread and that Ice Dance is not just P/C and V/M I'd like to talk about the other team that are right on their heels. I think we can safely name H/D, The shibs, C/B, C/L, B/S, W/P and maybe also add G/P to that group of people who can rightly aim for the podium.

We haven't seen C/B, C/L and the Shibs program yet so we can't really talk about them, but so far, who made the strongest impression on you ?

B/S? Really? NOPE. Not gonna happen. Their SD is one of the worst I've seen this season. But again, politics politics politics.

skategal

Bunny mama
I wonder too if Canada takes the team gold will the judges prefer other teams than V/M to get the individual gold and silver medals. I don't see V/M finishing lower than 3rd though.

ETA. I think we are on the same wavelength @marbri

justtojoke

Apparently her hand is fine now. Maybe they need more time for training after the break for the injury.
That makes sense. I swear those two have been withdrawing from early comps like clockwork the past few seasons. I'm just anxious (and greedy) to see their programs. They had one of my favorite SDs in 2012 so I'm expectiing improvement.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
B/S? Really? NOPE. Not gonna happen. Their SD is one of the worst I've seen this season. But again, politics politics politics.

You know I thought their SD last season was as dreadful as their one this season but they did skate and present it much better by Worlds so they could do the same again.

@skategal I don't see Canada as a favourite for gold. I think the only solid strength they have is dance, the other three disciplines can run very hot/cold where depending on who they skate against in the first round could put them in a very weak position. I am basing this on how the team event worked in Sochi.

eta....is there a thread somewhere describing how the team event works this coming games and what countries will compete?

skategal

Bunny mama
Anything lower than second would be a huge shock to me.

Yes it would be a shock but I can't help being reminded of Torvill and Dean's comeback and how sure everyone was that they would take gold, or at worst, silver.

@marbri, I don't see Canada or anyone as a favourite for the team event. It seems wide open. But if Canada pulls off a win, I suspect that will factor into the ice dance judging.

Anyasnake

I said that in the Shibsibs thread, next week is Rostelecom. Last year at skate America, H/D beat B/S. I believe Shibsibs are the better skater but there is politics... So if everyone skate clean I think there's a possibility that B/S win CoR.
I like B/S thouh. Their FD this year is good.

Anyasnake

I wonder too if Canada takes the team gold will the judges prefer other teams than V/M to get the individual gold and silver medals. I don't see V/M finishing lower than 3rd though.

ETA. I think we are on the same wavelength @marbri
I think it's impossible. Even with mistakes, I think AT LEAST 2nd place.
I also think that Canada is going to win the team event (with mistakes, maaaaaybe 2nd but that's unlikely).
You don't like the team competition ?

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
This would be a dream come true for me. H/D came so close last season. I really think they deserve to be right there in the podium mix :)

I think they have strong programs this year and look ready to fight. I think all the top Montreal teams have come out prepared.

I think it's impossible. Even with mistakes, I think AT LEAST 2nd place.
I also think that Canada is going to win the team event (with mistakes, maaaaaybe 2nd but that's unlikely).
You don't like the team competition ?

Canada is weak in mens (no matter how great I think Chan he can't beat math), volatile in ladies (look at Daleman in Finland), and Duhamel/Radford took a big dip last season and at this stage aren't looking great imo. It will be interesting to see how W/P do on the GP circuit. I was hoping they would capitalize on their result last season to make a strong argument to split team event with V/M for a chance at a medal but I'm not overly optimistic based on their programs and ###'s from ACI.

skategal

Bunny mama
Canada has the strongest team in theory and on paper. But reality is a bit different.

In order to win the team gold, I think Canada needs to have V/M and Chan skate both SD and FD.

Anyasnake

Canada is weak in mens (no matter how great I think Chan he can't beat math), volatile in ladies (look at Daleman in Finland), and Duhamel/Radford took a big dip last season and at this stage aren't looking great imo. It will be interesting to see how W/P do on the GP circuit. I was hoping they would capitalize on their result last season to make a strong argument to split team event with V/M for a chance at a medal but I'm not overly optimistic based on their programs and ###'s from ACI.
I'll wait for the GP events for WeaPo (the camera work might do it better for them...), but V/M said that if they are offered the possibility to skate both SD and FD at the team event, they will (because they want to skate at the Olys as much as they can).
I'm actually compararing Canada vs Russia (because Sochi) but with Nathan Chen, USA are in the mix.
Men : Chen + Hanyu might beat Chan
Ladies : Evgenia wins, but Katelyn can be second easily barring disaster.
Pairs : Russia has Tarasova/Morosov (not couting Ksenia/Fedor, too many injuries), but D/R can make it, they had quite the disaster at ACI, they can rebound from that.
Dance : What might make Canada win (a reminder that France has pairs and dance, but lacks otherwise... so we might not get to even see P/C skate the FD at the team event)

I believe there's a great shot.

VGThuy

I think the battle for the top two spots in U.S. Ice Dance will be interesting as well because the USFS has three U.S. teams that could potentially be in the top 5 as evidenced by last year's SD and one of them will miss out on the team competition. Depending on what happens this season, maybe the USFS will decide to only use one U.S. ice dance team, but I doubt it as they can only use one in pairs and I don't know if the USFS will want to use two for both mens and ladies. That said, I thought Nathan Chen would have gotten that solo Mens spot because of his scoring potential in both the SP and LP but I also wonder if the USFS doesn't want him to go all out before his individual event. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

snoopy

I think there is a very low likelihood that Hub/Don end up third at the Olympics. I think they are in the Weaver/Poje camp and don't have the overall look and skill set that ice dance judges like, at least not enough to make them a top team if there is any type of competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information