German Skating News - Part 3

J

Jeschke

Eiskunstläufer Peter Liebers hat sich bei einem Sichtungslaufen der Deutschen Eislauf-Union (DEU) in Berlin in guter Frühform präsentiert. Der Olympia-Achte von Sotschi 2014 zeigte am Samstag im Erika-Hess-Stadion seiner Heimatstadt sein neues Programm und konnte dabei sämtliche Dreifachsprünge sauber landen.
Article says, Peter is in a good form and has landed all triples.
I am happy, he is the same level as Nagasu right now :shuffle:

J

Jeschke

Good to see Bock on ice :respec:

Love the outfits (first ones) of Hase/Seegert. Simple but good.

Hockes first costume looks stunning, her hair needs definitely some re-do for the competitions.
Her 2nd dress looks like a twin dress to Schotts FS dress of last season.

Urban/Lerche visited the hair cutter together? Hottest german team out there without a doubt :smokin:

Kochs SD outfit looks great. Such a Fusar-Poli vibe I get! :encore:

Dastich goes for 'classic' Yellow for LaLaLand. I can't wait to see what Bocks costume will look like.

Dastich has such a junior look (I know she is); I really hope fed does not get dazzled by the jumps.

Why did Schott skate both times with an EKG? Or whats that on her chest?

Side note: Why did Thomalla/Kunkel and Schwendinger/Wunderlich attend? They are still juniors.
As Kunkel grows, Thomalla looks as mini as ever :shuffle:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

I must have forgot about the near career ending injury that required surgery and lengthy recovery for poor ol' Ross. :saint:
That argument does not count, as he skated last season again :drama:

My 'making fun' of was about Liebers being the german number 1; and for a number 1 this is a kinda :huh: state.

C

casken

That argument does not count, as he skated last season again :drama:

My 'making fun' of was about Liebers being the german number 1; and for a number 1 this is a kinda :huh: state.

I'm very sensy about Peter for some reason. :drama:

lizafan

So we have to wait another 3 weeks before they announce which dance team they send to Nebelhorn.

No, we don't. The deadline for registration is 25 August, and as the lists for Olympics qualification and rest of competition have to be entered separately, they cannot change their choice afterwards.

J

Jeschke

No, we don't. The deadline for registration is 25 August, and as the lists for Olympics qualification and rest of competition have to be entered separately, they cannot change their choice afterwards.
But they Fed can list subs for the olympic qualifier (in case team1 might be injured);
So the subs can not skate 'Nebelhorn' later, as they have not been submitted for the non-olympic event?

So we might see one olympic qualifier team and Urban/Lerche at Nebelhorn :D

lizafan

But they Fed can list subs for the olympic qualifier (in case team1 might be injured);
So the subs can not skate 'Nebelhorn' later, as they have not been submitted for the non-olympic event?

At least there are different columns for qualifier and non-qualifier in the registration form, and I don't think that an athlete can be entered twice there.

Yes, this will be the final result. One team in the olympic qualifier, 2-3 teams as sub, and U/L in the Nebelhorn competition. (And I'll go wack if Jenny & Ben beat the others .. :D)

text_skate

Bock's costume style :wall: with those thingy things dangling around ... I like her dark blue outfit much better (probably just for training). She should wear classy style, she will look stunning

Hase/Seegert is really classy :cool:

Dastich's is beautiful, but this yellow and Dastich :scream:

M/D's costume not my cup of tea, looks like they dressed up. K/N is imo the opposite. She owns her "Babs outfit".

I forgot completely about the test skate :(. Otherwise I might have had a try to sneek in.

Sabine-Yuna

Any updates on who skate to what?
Weinzierl FP? The guys? The Pairs?
How was Hocke/Blommaert outing?

Btw: Shari was rocking that dress already 5 years ago... it used to be her ChaCha dress, so Barbara can't take credit for it but Shari ;-)
I'd keep it too - she looks stunning.
Here a video from 5 years ago : https://youtu.be/32-yVtAVWTw
I have not seen the whole thing. The dance battle is going to be interesting. Liked them all. Don't know the music K/N are skating to, sounds classic and heavy, but I think it works. Interesting program of U/S with a lift I have never seen before. Music, at least some titles are from The Great Gatsby.

Hocke/ Blommaert look great concerning the short time they have had to prepare. 3Tw is ok, but will hopefully improve during season. But it took H/S 3 years to learn a 3Tw, so to do the 3Tw with a newby like Hocke after 6 months seems to be good to me. Their lifts, death spiral, spins should all have a high level, I guess level 4. Great throws!
Speaking of choreography at this moment I liked H/S SP a little more (forgot the song, its the one James/ Cipres are skating their new Fs to). SP choreography of H/B needs some more polish (Big Spender). In the FP its the opposite. H/B skate beautifully to Romeo and Juliet (Korzeniowsky). Don't know the music of H/S.

Eislauffan

Almost correct. :) What I heard was that the German Fed will send only one dance team to Nebelhorn (exactly to avoid the situation that they send two and the couple that does not compete for the Olympic spot ends up ahead of the other team that tries to get the spot).
So they will enter one team and the others as substitutes and can make their final decision shortly before the event. They always can replace their entry with a substitute provided the substitute has been entered as such.
BTW, Urban/Lerche do not exist anymore, Jennifer Urban has been skating with Benjamin Steffan for a year now. ;-)

J

Jeschke

I am still baffled, that the first challenger entries are public and still no word about how the german olympic selection process is handled.

Wanting to talk about them at press conferece of Nebelhorn is kinda late imho with Nebelhorn being the 5th of 10th challenger events.
:shuffle:

J

Jeschke

Btw do we have any info/update on where/coached by who Herceg is skating?!

S

SmallFairy

I really developed a soft spot for Hase/Seegert last year. And too excited about Blommart and new partner. And of course there's alwas da Queen!

#excitedforgermanpairs

lizafan

I am still baffled, that the first challenger entries are public and still no word about how the german olympic selection process is handled.

Basically, it is here: https://www.dosb.de/fileadmin/Bilde...inierungskriterien_PyeongChang_2018_final.pdf
From page 26 on.

There will be a ranking based on the sum of the two best results in this season (until end of December). The ranking considers all competitions that are eligible for World Standings, that is, GP, JGP and Challenger, plus the German Nationals.

For the Olympics only athletes that reach a particular threshold at least once in this season will be considered by the German fed. The thresholds are 202.5 for men, 144 for ladies, 165.6 for pairs and 138.6 for dance couples. (could have been updated in the meanwhile)

The same ranking is also used in the race for the Euros, though without the threshold. (if this makes any difference for those who are concerned)

Jennifer Urban and Benjamin Steffan did 139.72 last year in Zagreb. If they can repeat that the road to Pyeongchang is open. :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information