2017-2018 Program Music and Choreographers

algonquin

I would've liked a more dynamic SP for Patrick, but I know I will love the LP. Although the Olympics would be my ideal (not the Team Event), if he can skate perfectly in at least one event that is televised next season, I will be pleased.
I never liked Dust in the Wind, but I think that there is some nice guitar work that they could highlight. (It has been a longtime since I listened to that song.) I am thrilled about his LP.

Japanfan

I don't recall any skater ever using Dust in the Wind, at least at the top international level. It will be interesting to see what Patrick does with it. He is very talented when it comes to interpreting nuances so expect he'll do the music justice.

As to Hallellujah, I'm just very meh. I'm a die hard Leonard Cohen fan, so prefer his original version the best. But I don't recall any skater ever using the original.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
I don't recall any skater ever using Dust in the Wind, at least at the top international level. It will be interesting to see what Patrick does with it. He is very talented when it comes to interpreting nuances so expect he'll do the music justice.

As to Hallellujah, I'm just very meh. I'm a die hard Leonard Cohen fan, so prefer his original version the best. But I don't recall any skater ever using the original.

Dust in the Wind - Nicole Bobek:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...U8yrXk&usg=AFQjCNG42xEUz6ODCBIv-qvHyYq-LL_ogw

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
Ok, I'm going to be the mala voce (what else is new;))

Dust in the Wind is a *horrid* tune. I hated it in the 70s, when it was all over the radio (yes, young'uns, we had this thing called radio, we listened to it) and time has not improved my opinion. "All we aaaaerrre is Dust in the Wind....." I can't get that horrible vocalist's voice out of my head:scream: Patrick is waaaay better than this song.

I also don't like Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah. There is, to my surprise, a listenable version of Hallelujah by "Three Canadian Tenors". Nate and Deanna used it last year. Patrick, Canadian tenors, come on, at least use that one!

But it looks like I am the distinct minority:D

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

I MISS SO MUCH these styles of dresses... with a longer skirt portion...

Dust In The Wind - OK...Maria Butyrskaya using my Fav cover of Sarah Brightman... She did something of this album.. was either this or Scene d'Amour

VGThuy

I think the other versions are really orchestrated and fully-produced, but it seems Patrick wants a rawer, more introspective version. I think Jeff Buckley's version was chosen because it seems more personal and less theatrical. Probably the mood he wants to give for his Olympic program.

barbarafan

Ok, I'm going to be the mala voce (what else is new;))

Dust in the Wind is a *horrid* tune. I hated it in the 70s, when it was all over the radio (yes, young'uns, we had this thing called radio, we listened to it) and time has not improved my opinion. "All we aaaaerrre is Dust in the Wind....." I can't get that horrible vocalist's voice out of my head:scream: Patrick is waaaay better than this song.

I also don't like Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah. There is, to my surprise, a listenable version of Hallelujah by "Three Canadian Tenors". Nate and Deanna used it last year. Patrick, Canadian tenors, come on, at least use that one!

But it looks like I am the distinct minority:D

Patrick will do an amazing "dust in the wind" His speed and ice coverage will be huge and his footwork will be incredibly intricate...There are so many layers to this song..He will take flight...I thought I would hate it but when I listened to it I could see him killing it.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
AngieNikodinovLove, surely you have seen Angela Nikodinov's 1999-2000 exhibition program to Dust in the Wind? Unfortunately there does not appear to be a video of it available online.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

LURVE IT! Not many people remember it and I did not post it cause I, too, could not find any video!

SO GLAD someone besides me remembers her/that.

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Not a huge fan of the SP choice, could be a bit slow and similar to last year's SP, but it seems like it could fit him.
On the other hand, I already picture myself standing and crying after an epic FS, being caught on camera and becoming an FSU meme (Lady at French FD in Helsinki style)

Nmsis

Loïcia Demougeot / Théo Le Mercier

SD
El Pescador by Totó La Momposina
La Collegiala by Rodolfo y su Tipica
???

FD
Light of the Seven by Ramin Djawadi
Strange by Apollo G'eeze

Natacha Lagouge / Corentin Rahier

SD
Oye como va
Frío sin ti by Navajita plateá -
???

FD - Theme : the life of Coco Chanel
Little Black Baby - Scott Joplin (ragtime)
??? (tango)
Tema per una donna sola by Ennio Morricone (waltz)
??? (waltz)
Cocomotion by El Coco (disco)

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks, @Nmsis - do you have a source or link for Demougeot/Le Mercier's music?

Corentin Rahier has uploaded videos of his and Natacha Lagouge's junior programs from last week's competition in Cergy -- I've cross-posted the links in the competition thread in Kiss & Cry as well in the Dance discussion thread here:
https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...king-rhumba-magic.101001/page-18#post-5102469
SD
Oye como va
Frío sin ti by Navajita plateá -
???

FD - Theme : the life of Coco Chanel
Little Black Baby - Scott Joplin (ragtime)
??? (tango)
Tema per una donna sola by Ennio Morricone (waltz)
??? (waltz)
Cocomotion by El Coco (disco)

mag

Patrick will do an amazing "dust in the wind" His speed and ice coverage will be huge and his footwork will be incredibly intricate...There are so many layers to this song..He will take flight...I thought I would hate it but when I listened to it I could see him killing it.

If you want to skate to slow music you need to be seriously fast and it has to be an effortless speed! Patrick has lots of speed so it will be interesting to see what he does with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information