What song are you listening to?

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Voting started last week in the Triple J Hottest 100 - the worlds largest musical democracy or so they say.

This year here are my 10 tracks that I voted for. Tough choice. But I am proud to say most of them are Australian artists and fantastic ones at that. They are really worth checking out.

Ball Park Music - Nihilist Party Anthem
Big Scary - The Opposite Of Us
Gretta Ray - Drive
K.Flay - Blood In The Cut
Montaigne - Because I Love You
SAFIA - Make Them Wheels Roll
Running Touch - Courtesy Of.
Tash Sultana - Jungle
Tigertown - Lonely Cities
RUFUS - Say A Prayer For Me

My number one song for this year is Gretta Ray Drive. She is a 17 year old school student who won Triple J Unearthed. Her songwriting and vocal ability belies someone of her age and I wouldn't be surprised if she takes out the top spot in the countdown. Really brilliant.

Susan1

Act Naturally (I still have that 45)

The top SELLING songs of 1973 were on this morning -

thought to started writing down at:
#4 - Killing Me Softly - Robert Flack
#3 - Bad Bad Leroy Brown - Jim Croce
#2 - Lord Help Me Jesus - Kris Kristofferson
(I'm familiar with the song, but I don't remember hearing it on the popular radio station back then. They said something about how it didn't make the top of the surveys, but it SOLD the third most copies of the year. Strange.)
#1 - Tie a Yellow Ribbon - Tony Orlando and Dawn

(earlier in the show, they played My Love by Paul. I remember that being the #1 song of the year on our local radio station countdown.)

paskatefan

The Radetsky March - our local PBS stations didn't air the New Year's concert from Vienna last night:wuzrobbed, so I need to listen to the music from it on one of our CDs from previous years.

Susan1

O.k. - not very many people post to this thread, so ask around please! :)

Looooong explanation - I just heard Got To Get You into My Life (Breakfast with the Beatles). Every time I hear that song it reminds me of some song that is something about the guy saying someday we'll get married and have a house with a big red dog in the yard (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!!!!). Also the song More Today Than Yesterday by Spiral Starecase (yes, it's not "staircase") makes my mind go to that song. That song was from 1969 (I've looked this stuff up before) and the Beatles song is from 1966. The songs don't sound alike at all, so I always think they must have just been playing the old Beatles song on the radio at the time. And this could have been later than 1969 if they were playing other old songs too.

AND I can picture being in the backseat with my parents and we were going to the Parkmoor restaurant near the corner of S. Dixie and Stroop (if you know south of Dayton), which has been gone since the 80s, and leaning forward between the front seats (seatbelts - what seatbelts?) to hear the song. I can see and hear this as clearly as if it happened yesterday. (Do you ever hear songs you've heard a million times and remember one specific time?) I don't know if I ever heard that song on the radio again.

Anyway, I've been trying to figure out what this song is for years. I've searched by every combination. It's not Clifford. :) It's not Me and You and a Dog Named Boo. It doesn't really sound like either of the two songs that remind me of it. It's more floaty or waltzy, but Breakfast with the Beatles just ended and I turned off the radio and I can't even make the parts of the song it sounds like come into my head now. Only actually hearing those two songs triggers it. This has been going on for years so I don't think it's a new psychosis or brain tumor or anything!! :)

Any ideas?

"Susan the strange"

Bellanca

Currently playing, Pretty Blue Eyes - Eric Clapton, from his There's One in Every Crowd album (1975)

The whole album/cd -- great!!!! :)

Susan1

@Susan1 I could only think of one song. I don't know if it's the song you're thinking of, though! :)

Sweet Life by Paul Davis.

Thanks, but no. I know the songs you mentioned really well. This song was more 60s popish, like you can bop your head side to side. :eek: :)

I'm thinking this mystery song was earlier than 1969 but when More Today Than Yesterday came out, it reminded me of the song.

I'm seeing a house on top of a hill with a white picket fence around the bottom of the hill (guess that was for the big red dog!!!!!!!) every time I think about trying to remember the song.

Maybe it was a recurring dream from my childhood? Sheesh. :wall:

Last edited:

Susan1

From Me to You - Beatles
while I was typing that .........
This is Love - George
had to come back - She's Leaving Home

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information