What song are you listening to?

Susan1

This was actually at the top of the posts instead of on the third page!

They are doing a lot of George songs today before his birthday because next Sunday will be after.

Handle Me With Care? I know the song, but not if that's the title or not. He always repeated the same thing over and over in songs, and that's what I keep hearing.

PeterG

Joseph - SOS (Overboard)

I love this song by Joseph. It just came out last year, but it makes me think of great pop music of the 80's (and maybe into the 90's). I can't pinpoint the artist it makes me think of, but it's a little ABBA, a pinch of Donna Lewis (I Love You Always Forever) and a sprinkling of Jennifer Paige (Crush). But Wikipedia says Joseph is a folk trio of three sisters from Portland, Oregon. They don't sound very folky in this song to me, though. :)

The winner is still ! It's from Little Miss Sunshine, you know this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPEfh9efunU

That's really beautiful. I love hearing a piece of music that makes me think of somebody skating to it. For this one, my first thought is Carolina Kostner, choreographed by Jeff Buttle. Carolina reads this board every day, right?

Susan1

One Bad Apple - Osmond Brothers (4th week in a row at #1 this week in 1971)

Had to listen to the whole show this week. Bobby Sherman, Partridge Family, 2 songs written by Kris Kristofferson sung by different people and three versions of Love Story.

Switched to Breakfast with the Beatles - Julia............

PeterG

Barbra Streisand - Baby Me Baby

I like to imagine what it would be like to be a songwriter, and then a song like this comes on my mp3 player and not only is the melody great, but the lyrics are both clever and endearing and I think, "why bother"? With songwriters like this out there, I don't think I'd have enough time to catch up to where they're at!

Susan1

Every however often they do the one whole side of Abbey Road. I don't really know why it is so popular.

p.s. right after Breakfast with the Beatles - We Will Rock You/We are the Champions.

Last edited:

Spun Silver

Agitata due venti by Vivaldi with Cecilia Bartoli. She makes opera like an Olympic sport. Unbelievable speed and ornamentation.

Susan1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information