Yuzuru Hanyu Cheer Thread

Meoima

Lea Johanna Dastich of Germany (3rd at junior ladies' skate detroit) trains at TCC with Yuzuru shared something about him. She said : "He is really friendly and nice." and "He is working on 4S, 4T ,4Lo and 4Lz in a harness." also "He is inspiring because he never gives up."
source : this (the 6th picture in the slideshow)

Meoima

In his new interview with fans, Javi said this:
"it seems this year yuzu is going to put 4 quads (in the free skate)"
http://www.patinajeartistico.es/foro/index.php?topic=3685.msg61276#msg61276

So Yuzuru might do 4 quad LP in this season. We are just not sure when, but knowing Yuzuru, maybe he will do 4 quads right from the start of the season.

------------
A quote from Russian "Figure skating confessions page", translated by Marina Khevkh:
"If by the time of Olympics, watching Yuzuru we could see a young boy not formed fully with an enormous crazy potential, now we can see a young man who is showing us a real deal of adult talent. Without fear, without limits, he is skating touching hearts, making people stop breathing from amazement and admiration, which would be impossible if he didn't carry that ray of radiant light in his soul. Simpy the most amazing and the most loved figure skater of our time."
------------
Sophie Moroi's quick translation of what Yuzuru said during the Guinness World Records Certificate award ceremony held in Tokyo. http://dai.ly/x4pqf3n
“I am very happy to be awarded Guinness certificates which represent official world recognition.”
“I believe that the Guinness records are something that needs to be kept renewed. I take this recognition as a “source for” my passion to renew the records.”
“I would like to keep developing myself, and further challenging and renewing my own records.”
(As regards the Rio Olympics)
“The Team Japan won a total of 41 medals. I thought that we would have to follow suit. Each of the competitions was impressive to me. I was inspired that I would have to keep renewing my own records, and to bring back good medals and good records.”
(For Pyeongchang)
“The Olympics is our biggest goal. Usually, the winter Olympics is held in February. So, I would like to start within this season training to ensure my adjustment and my peaking in line with such timing of the event.”
(As for the new SP this season)
“I plan to perform the SP this season with a very high tempo and really cool type of music. Please look forward to it.”

Meoima

Thanks a lot, Meoima. It's good to finally read something new from Yuzuru.
Welcome, 4 quad Lp seems so many risks. And he surely will do 4Lo in SP and LP. He is reported to practice 4lz as well. I'm glad he is pushing limits but I'm worried for his health.

antmanb

I would be incredibly surprised if he put the 4Lp in the SP. He had great consistency last season with the 4S and 4T in the SP and easily beat Javi with the same content, and Boyang Jin with even harder jumps so I can't imagine him putting the 4Lp anywhere other than the LP.

Meoima

I would be incredibly surprised if he put the 4Lp in the SP. He had great consistency last season with the 4S and 4T in the SP and easily beat Javi with the same content, and Boyang Jin with even harder jumps so I can't imagine him putting the 4Lp anywhere other than the LP.
Yuzuru will do 4Lo and 4S3T in SP. I have seen a video Yuzuru practiced 4lo with difficult transitions before and after the jump at CC. The video was taken down though.
He is also advised to do less 4T due to the injury in his leg.

handomi

Yuzuru will do 4Lo and 4S3T in SP. I have seen a video Yuzuru practiced 4lo with difficult transitions before and after the jump at CC. The video was taken down though.
He is also advised to do less 4T due to the injury in his leg.
I think he will do 4lo and 4T3T in Sp, and 4Lo, 4T, 4S3T, 4S in LP

watchthis!!

^ ^ ^ ^

That article comes up in my browser in strange-looking characters, like Japanese or something. :(

Madhatter

^ ^ ^ ^

That article comes up in my browser in strange-looking characters, like Japanese or something. :(

Don't look strange to me, just Japanese. That, plus the extension of the website being .jp indicates that the article is indeed in Japanese. Japanese articles have that tendency to come up in browsers in Japanse characters. Which is why Meoima wrote what it said in English.

Last edited:

handomi

just saw some preview of his fs and sp, he is doing 4lo in both programs, lp starts with 4lo and 4S, this program can even top seimei in my opinion

he is landing 4lo and 4S consistently
4 quads planned in fs :rolleyes:
4lo 4S3T 3A in SP

unfortunately it looks like his 4T is going away, propably only one in fs

Last edited:

Meoima

just saw some preview of his fs and sp, he is doing 4lo in both programs, lp starts with 4lo and 4S, this program can even top seimei in my opinion
he is landing 4lo and 4S consistently
4 quads planned in fs :rolleyes:
4lo 4S3T 3A in SP
unfortunately it looks like his 4T is going away, propably only one in fs
Yes, he will have one 4T, only one in FS. He still feels pain in the foot but he can train now.

Meoima

Yuzuru said: "For my FP, it's Joe Hisaishi's 'View of Silence' and 'Asian Dream Song' combined and titled 'Hope and Legacy'. It's a classic piano piece but it's composed by a Japanese and so it has a bit of the Japanese world taste. I have put in the expressiveness that I learned last season when I did SEIMEI and I hope to make this even better."
(Angelica's translation on Facebook group).

This is 'View of Silence'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIKIfNxSM8E
And this is 'Asian Dream Song': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skmMiNKBrJE

Last edited:

watchthis!!

I finally got around to watching the World Championships exhibition program. Yuzuru gave the best performance, it was stunningly beautiful. I didn't even notice any jumps in the program because the choreography was so good and he performed it wondrously. I'm thinking with that program he just passed Patrick Chan artistically. Next season will be so exciting!!! :rollin:

Fairuza

I finally got around to watching the World Championships exhibition program. Yuzuru gave the best performance, it was stunningly beautiful. I didn't even notice any jumps in the program because the choreography was so good and he performed it wondrously. I'm thinking with that program he just passed Patrick Chan artistically. Next season will be so exciting!!! :rollin:
He was absolutely mesmerising in it.

GreatLakesGal

I knew some enterprising Yuzu fan wouldn't let us down. :)

I can see already that this program is going to bring me to tears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information