Throw 3S - fall

Back Outside Death Spiral 4
Pair Combo Spin 4
Hand/Hand Lift
4 (3 after review)
Choreo Sequence

Axel Lasso Lift 4

-2.00 = Falls (2)

I don't think I can adequately explain the technical issues that are happening on her throw landings. She does not seem to have any sense of where she is, or when she should start to open up to land, and so everything is in the wrong place, and she can't even attempt a proper landing. The rest of their skating is really strong, and the quality of their skating is evident.

115.97 = 3rd Place
180.41 = 3rd Place

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
It’s psychological. But we shouldn’t be sending teams to Worlds who can’t land a throw jump, much less make them national champions.
Seriously. I mean, I know people were theorizing that it was purely political that they were given the title over EfiMit because the USFS didn't want to have an ineligible team as Nats Champs but... What was the benefit in the end? They're fighting for 11th, 12th or 13th place with the other two teams we sent.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Yes the throws (and I get feeling that should prevent them from being sent) but I do lean with Tony more on the side of them being the better (just slightly) US team tonight.

skatfan

I don't think I can adequately explain the technical issues that are happening on her throw landings. She does not seem to have any sense of where she is, or when she should start to open up to land, and so everything is in the wrong place, and she can't even attempt a proper landing. The rest of their skating is really strong, and the quality of their skating is evident.
I know nothing about pairs and I could see this. So sad, it doesn’t seem to have gotten better in this second season.

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
You know, we often use hyperbole here, but Ellie truly cannot land a throw. I really don't think she's capable at this point.

Even Tamara Moskvina couldn’t save these US pairs. O’ Shea can’t just throw a raggedy Ann doll.

Didn't Tamara fix Kyoko Ina's throws when she paired up with Zimmerman, or am I misremembering?

I haven't seen throws this bad since then. Ina and Zimmerman in their first season were only attempting one throw (salchow), and Kyoko almost never landed it. Get Kam and O'Shea to whomever fixed their throws.

Carolla5501

Arrrrghhhh ... Ellie and the not-happening throw landings!
I just wanted her to fight and she’s not.
It’s psychological. But we shouldn’t be sending teams to Worlds who can’t land a throw jump, much less make them national champions.
Oh, here we go again. We should send those teams who aren’t eligible to go to worlds because they were so much better. 😂
And that team who scored behind them at nationals is ahead of them at worlds right?

This is what we have in the United States. Rainbows and unicorns and your wishes don’t change the facts

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I don't think I can adequately explain the technical issues that are happening on her throw landings. She does not seem to have any sense of where she is, or when she should start to open up to land, and so everything is in the wrong place, and she can't even attempt a proper landing.
I've said it before, but it really does look like she goes into protective mode for a fall from the start. She pulls everything in really close but not in a way that is good jumping air position. And a lot of times she kind of hunches her shoulders and sort of loosens her legs to take the fall.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Grudgingly, I'll let @tony be right with KamOSh being the best US team (by an inch) here at these Worlds. But they aren't the best pairs team we have and I'm looking forward to them being left off both the 4CCs and Worlds teams next year in favor of Chan/Howe, Efimova/Mitrofanov and McBeath/Parkman.

Baby Yoda On Skates

Grudgingly, I'll let @tony be right with KamOSh being the best US team (by an inch) here at these Worlds. But they aren't the best pairs team we have and I'm looking forward to them being left off both the 4CCs and Worlds teams next year in favor of Chan/Howe, Efimova/Mitrofanov and McBeath/Parkman.
If Spencer heals. This was rough and I'm not sure they should have been sent. At least with L/N, we'd still get Nagy to look at.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
you're putting a lot on people who are not known to be stable jumpers anyway lol

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Argh, my Internet is crap tonight. You should've seen me trying to have a Zoom piano lesson -- I heard everything my teacher said five minutes after he said it. Fingers crossed it holds up for the rest of this event.

"___ is jogging in a tiara" would have made such a great rep level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information