2024 4CC Pairs FS - KAWALITY

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
The Aussies' time will come, folks. Three years, tops. All these teams on the podium are gonna move on and be gone from the pairs scene post-Milano.

Yeah, dance and pairs are at a glacial pace and it should not be it’s still politics. When a ET girl comes from Junior to the senior seen, it’s all gold medals. Despite no presentation, much choreography or maturity.

Sally1214

So, Maxime shopped for himself and Deanna shopped for her dog. Guys and gals ... what can you say? They're just not cut from the same cloth at all. :D

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
He does, he’s still very involved. He’s just exhausted from trying not to say his usual adjectives ;)
That and trying to gaslight all the viewers into believing this competition was comparable to Euros pairs 3 weeks ago. Like... none of these programs were all that great and I can't see any of them on the podium in Montreal.

Sally1214

Really, folks, my only request is for the team that finished 5th at US Nats to finish higher here tonight than Kam/O'Shea. Just to spite the USFS judges.
No ... say it isn't so. 🥺 I like Kam/O'Shea. Especially him. I don't know why. He's from Irish descent ... so am I (yes, that IS my natural hair color in my pic) ... but it's more than that. He just seems like a really nice man and he is a pretty decent skater, so I just like him, OK?

Karen-W

No ... say it isn't so. 🥺 I like Kam/O'Shea. Especially him. I don't know why. He's from Irish descent ... so am I (yes, that IS my natural hair color in my pic) ... but it's more than that. He just seems like a really nice man and he is a pretty decent skater, so I just like him, OK?
I'm just bitter and angry over how they're getting the favored treatment by USFS. I don't begrudge them their medal today but I'm still pissed over them beating Efimova/Mitrofanov last week and getting named to the Worlds team later year instead of Smirnova/Siianytsia (RIP 😭).

Karen-W

Good thing it’s not World’s yet, isn’t it? This is their first comp back from injury, we’ll see how they do in a few weeks.
Honestly, Bruno would be wise to WD them from Challenge Cup and focus on being ready for Worlds.

Sally1214

Honestly, Bruno would be wise to WD them from Challenge Cup and focus on being ready for Worlds.
Oh dear ... when is the Challenge Cup? I think I would agree that they should just put their sole focus on Worlds.

Sally1214

I'm just bitter and angry over how they're getting the favored treatment by USFS. I don't begrudge them their medal today but I'm still pissed over them beating Efimova/Mitrofanov last week and getting named to the Worlds team later year instead of Smirnova/Siianytsia (RIP 😭).
I understand and respect your feelings. Thanks for the explanation. ❤️

Sally1214

Well, as much as I would LOVE to watch the men's FS "live" with you all, it doesn't end here in Halifax, Canada until 7:45 am, so I guess I had better go to bed. The kicker of the whole thing is that I (being a nighthawk from WAY back) would have NO problem staying awake for all of that but it would not be fair to my hubby (who would probably like "brunch" sometime before 3pm tomorrow), so I will watch it on video. It will give me something fun to look forward to during our forecasted (now starting) big snow storm. For those of you watching "live", have fun and I'll be reading all your comments as I follow along with the video.
Good night, all.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
@skatingguy - Trennt confirmed the injury in the mixed zone - this is from Golden Skate on X (formerly Twitter):
"And on top of that, we didn't have the normal training time coming into this. Not just because it was short. One, it was short, but I actually sustained a back injury right after nationals like the day we got back on the ice, so, it really cut things short training wise. We did a little bit of downgraded content today. I'm really thankful to my physio team at home and here. Because at one point we weren't even sure if we'd be coming to this event so we're very happy with what we did today. And showing our skating was really more of our goal anyway. I'm very happy and thankful for Skate Canada and our physio teams."

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Well :cheer: to Deanna and Maxime and bonus points to Deanna for belting out the national anthem (redeems herself in my eyes for SP 'tude ;) )

Saw little glimpses of the greatness of Riku/Ryuichi with their speed and flow and that throw lutz. Still totally :confused: by their music choices. I gather you are trying to cater to a Montreal crowd with that FP music but fwiw my father and his family is from Montreal and while they might like that it does nothing for me and I suspect you are going to have a lot more "me category" in that audience 🤷‍♀️

I think going to Challenge Cup is part of their strategy to finally get a few competitions under their belt before Worlds. I don't think it is wrong.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
He is the best USA male pairs guy very strong and good on his feet, likely only chance for USA podium at worlds if she can stay on her feet. I don’t get the hate either.

airgelaal

Well, well. While I was sleeping, they decided to do come good SBS 2S? Where have you been before??? :angryfire

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I enjoyed the pairs, not perfect but considering the travel there from several of them it must be a challenge. I expect cleaner for worlds and I’m not counting out the Japanese team yet either to defend their title if this is what they can put out after just a few weeks of training.
Lia and Trent seemed tired, Deanna and Max I think will podium at worlds they also need a little rest. Nice surprise was the Australian team! If they can maintain consistency they will be podium bound next few years. I thought the USA team were decent as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information