Worlds 2024 Pairs FS: ‘The wedgie always gets its woman’

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
ChanHowe - eeeek - messy SBS 3t+1a+2a seq. C'mon, Emily... SBS 3s - she steps out. I mean, she's standing up??? Ugh - hand down on the throw 3lo. I love this pairs spin's first position. Man - you just knew she was never gonna land that throw 3s. :(

Sigh. Definitely not at their best. I would be fine with them keeping this FS for another season. It is a really beautiful program and with a full season of competing it, it could be stunning.

skatingguy

decently
Emily CHAN / Spencer Akira HOWE 🇺🇸
Coach: Alexei Letov
Music: Exogenesis: Symphony, Pt. 3 by Muse

3Tq+1A+2A+SEQ - her jumps were tight
Triple Twist 3
3S< - Emily stepped out
Throw 3Lo - hand down

Pair Combo Spin 4 (3 after review)
Axel Lasso Lift 3

Throw 3S - fall
Choreo Sequence
Reverse Lasso Lift 3
Hand/Hip Lift 4

Back Outside Death Spiral 3 (2 after review)

-1.00 = Falls (1)

All the focus on Spencer's shoulder I wonder how Emily was doing for all that time training by herself. There's always that hope that a team coming back from injury is going to pick up where they left off, and skate well, but given this is the first real competitive free skate of the season it's not surprising that they struggled.

112.58 = 4th Place
175.44 = 3rd Place

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Chan/Howe - I admire him but… US Pairs going downhill. Maybe bring that pair with the Finnish/Russian lady, who were my Natls faves.

skatingguy

decently
Ellie KAM / Danny O'SHEA 🇺🇸
Personal Best: 126.56
Season Best: 126.56
Current Rank: 10
Music: Exhibition (from "Nocturnal Animals" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski
Wayward Sisters (from "Nocturnal Animals" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski
Table For Two (from "Nocturnal Animals" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski
Coach: Drew Meekins

2024 Four Continents bronze medalists. 2024 National Champions. Teamed up in 2022. Finished 12th in their debut at 2023 WCh & 6th at 2023 FCCh. Won Finlandia Trohy & were 6th at GP Finland 2023. Withdrew from GP France 2023 due to injury. He is the 2018 Four Continents Champion with former partner Tarah Kayne. Coach Drew Meekins in the 2006 World Junior Pairs Champion (with Julia Vlassov).

Sally1214

So, it was Spencer who had all the injuries/surgery, right? But, it's Emily who just didn't seem to be able to get it together tonight. Hmmm .... hope more time is ALL they need. I agree that this "could" be a stunning program if they both were at their peak.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
KamOSh - good start but she's got a throw coming up and we all know how that'll go. Yup... Messy jump combo too. And down she goes on the other throw... I'm :EVILLE: for thinking this but... I'd be very happy if they wind up as the 3rd US team today and it was ChanHowe & PlaFern's placements that counted for our 2 spots next year, lol.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
It’s psychological. But we shouldn’t be sending teams to Worlds who can’t land a throw jump, much less make them national champions.
and like you can make the point that lots of teams mess up throws but at least they have a chance of landing them. I have my doubts with this team.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Even Tamara Moskvina couldn’t save these US pairs. O’ Shea can’t just throw a raggedy Ann doll.

Desperado

She looks like a sack of potatoes in these throws.

Great lifts, but weakest of the three American pairs IMO. We'll see what the judges do.

Mistakes aside, I think this should be the highest ranked US team. The most complete free skate and I think the strongest overall skating of the three teams.

Oh, FSU. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information