Who is still watching Moulin Rouge

Japanfan

I watched it a whole lot of times on different networks, but have taken a break from it for the time being.

It will for sure be one of the programs I rewatch from time to time. But for the most part, I don't rewatch old favorites that often once a season is over. The exception to that would be S/Z 2003 'Turandot', which is my all-time favorite program. I've watched it so often that it is almost embarrassing, and I know all the moves by heart.

Debrah

Still watching both team and OLY competition versions of MR as well as all the fan cam vids from the show version per all the different city stops from CSOI. Still holds my full and complete attention each and every time I watch them perform the MR choreography - Tessa and Scott are just mesmerizing...

dramagrrl

:lol: at the haters. Still watch the Olympic (non-team) version at least once a week. And I don't even like Moulin Rouge (the actual musical/movie - I've never been able to get through the whole thing or even beyond half) and hated the music before this season. The feeling of joy I get when they finish the program, and again when their overall score/final placement is announced, will never go away. :D

It will for sure be one of the programs I rewatch from time to time. But for the most part, I don't rewatch old favorites that often once a season is over. The exception to that would be S/Z 2003 'Turandot', which is my all-time favorite program. I've watched it so often that it is almost embarrassing, and I know all the moves by heart.
That is also one of my all-time favourites and I always start tearing up at exactly the same point in the program every time I watch it, even though I've rewatched it at least 100 times (and that's probably a vast understatement).

Ohyes

:lol:at the haters. Still watch the Olympic (non-team) version at least once a week. And I don't even like Moulin Rouge (the actual musical/movie - I've never been able to get through the whole thing or even beyond half) and hated the music before this season. The feeling of joy I get when they finish the program, and again when their overall score/final placement is announced, will never go away. :D

That is also one of my all-time favourites and I always start tearing up at exactly the same point in the program every time I watch it, even though I've rewatched it at least 100 times (and that's probably a vast understatement).

It isn't PCuniverse without someone over 40 with a picture of a ballet dancer or cat trying to throw "witty" shade at V/M, LOL. Like ok mary sue and aunt Judy we get it, V/M aren't Ethereal enough for you or aren't emulating the art of DANSE!!1 if they ever ventured out of this site and onto platforms like figure skating stan twitter, Tumblr and youtube they would have a heart attack from all the criticism P/C get on those sites and how loved V/M are.

Last edited:

berthesghost

I totally understand.
actually, you don’t understand at all.

My blindness to their creativity uniqueness nerve and talent is all about them and nothing to do with their competitors. Had this thread been correctly titled something like “who’s still watching V/M’s MR LP” I would have known to not bother to open it.

But because i feel the exact opposite of dramagrrl, I opened this thread expecting to read people posting about the music and or movie. It was probably just my disappointment at being hoodwinked that inspired me to post snark.

But we all have likes and dislikes and FSU is full of posters who don’t care for some of the sports biggest icons. It happens. But this knee jerk idea that anyone who doesn’t care for a particular skater must only be a fan of their competitor is pretty lame.

quartz

scratching at the light
You were hoodwinked into opening a thread about Moulin Rouge on a figure skating board because you really truly for reals thought someone wanted to talk about the film and not about the World and Olympic champions program??

Ahahahahaha.....yeah right.

berthesghost

You were hoodwinked into opening a thread about Moulin Rouge on a figure skating board because you really truly for reals thought someone wanted to talk about the film and not about the World and Olympic champions program??

Ahahahahaha.....yeah right.
You should try checking out this entire site sometime. There are entire sections where we talk about all sorts of non-skating related things like politics, travel, current events and yes, even music and film.

But since this was in "the trash can" I had figured it was about skating to the music or playing a character from the film on ice, as many, many skaters have done. But perhaps V&M fans are just as self-absorbed and arrogant as they are, and hence just assume that any thread titled MR just must be about them and only them. Many have skated to the movie soundtrack, but only their LP is worst talking about :p

Excidra

I sure as heck wasn'
actually, you don’t understand at all.

My blindness to their creativity uniqueness nerve and talent is all about them and nothing to do with their competitors. Had this thread been correctly titled something like “who’s still watching V/M’s MR LP” I would have known to not bother to open it.

But because i feel the exact opposite of dramagrrl, I opened this thread expecting to read people posting about the music and or movie. It was probably just my disappointment at being hoodwinked that inspired me to post snark.

But we all have likes and dislikes and FSU is full of posters who don’t care for some of the sports biggest icons. It happens. But this knee jerk idea that anyone who doesn’t care for a particular skater must only be a fan of their competitor is pretty lame.

Girl I titled my thread correctly. I sure as heck wasn't talking about that horrible movie when I started this thread. You opened it and responded after learning of the intent of this thread.

Now if you want we can have a MR viewing party on YouTube. I'l bring the popcorn.

Last edited:

quartz

scratching at the light
heh...pinterest is now showing me pics of the original 1889 Moulin Rouge as well as some of the earlier performers....:shuffle:
I may have added a couple pictures to my circus board. :D

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
It isn't PCuniverse without someone over 40 with a picture of a ballet dancer or cat trying to throw "witty" shade at V/M, LOL. Like ok mary sue and aunt Judy we get it, V/M aren't Ethereal enough for you or aren't emulating the art of DANSE!!1 if they ever ventured out of this site and onto platforms like figure skating stan twitter, Tumblr and youtube they would have a heart attack from all the criticism P/C get on those sites and how loved V/M are.

You seem nice.

sap5

I'm still watching their Olympic IE performance. I don't even like that music, but the way they owned that program, the audience, and that performance that night was unforgettable. Really goes down as one of my all-time best skating fan moments.

Ohyes

Moonlight sonata cures my insomnia but you don't see me going into P/C related threads saying that. What a bunch of sad sore losers you people are. No one is forcing you to comment in here @MelDee @Icetigger No wonder P/C only have dedicated fans on here. if they were to try that nonsense anywhere else they would be laughed at.

Just some qoutes from you lovely people on here:
"Tessa is a prostitute"
" I am glad I never have to see V/M skate again"
" Scott is a douchebag"

Meanwhile, you have your precious gabby retweeted an article trashing the shibs and V/M
Gui said they lost because of a dress malfunction while ignoring his twizzle errors and underwhelming FD
P/C "forgetting" to shake Shibs hands on the podium

Like skater like fans:saint::saint::saint:

Icetigger

Moonlight sonata cures my insomnia but you don't see me going into P/C related threads saying that. What a bunch of sad sore losers you people are. No one is forcing you to comment in here @MelDee @Icetigger No wonder P/C only have dedicated fans on here. if they were to try that nonsense anywhere else they would be laughed at.

Just some qoutes from you lovely people on here:
"Tessa is a prostitute"
" I am glad I never have to see V/M skate again"

Meanwhile, you have your precious gabby retweeted an article trashing the shibs and V/M
Gui said they lost because of a dress malfunction while ignoring his twizzle errors and underwhelming FD
P/C "forgetting" to shake Shibs hands on the podium

Like skater like fans:saint::saint::saint:

Seriously, you are dragging me and @MelDee into a thread we haven't even commented in, whilst complaining about us commenting in threads like this. That's a really dumb and self-sabotaging thing to do. Go and do a course on irony!

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
What I like better than anything is the song Lady Marmalade. Of course, I'll always be partial to the one and only Patti LaBelle singing it.

The skaters from Stars On Ice also did a group number (cast opening) to Black Betty/Lady Marmalade by Patti LaBelle. I believe it was either 2001 or 2002. I have most the SOI shows taped from back then, and will try to find it. I know that Tara Lipinski and Katarina Witt performed along with other skaters.

As far as other skaters like V/M and Ashley performing to Moulin Rouge, I loved it. It certainly brings out that "Cajun" side of me whenever the music is used in a program. (y):cheer2::love:

I'm still watching their Olympic IE performance. I don't even like that music, but the way they owned that program, the audience, and that performance that night was unforgettable. Really goes down as one of my all-time best skating fan moments.
When I rewatched it, I noticed things I had missed from the original time I saw it, subtle things right down to their hand movements, timing movements and lifts to the music, etc,. The program seems to go by so quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information