Which Three Russian ladies would you like to see on the worlds 2020 team?

Which Three Russian ladies do you want to see on the Worlds 2020 team for Russia?

• Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Votes: 85 47.2%
  • Evgenia Medvedeva

Votes: 107 59.4%
  • Alexandra Trusova

Votes: 85 47.2%
  • Anna Schsherbakova

Votes: 42 23.3%
  • Alena Kostornaya

Votes: 110 61.1%
  • Alina Zagitova

Votes: 70 38.9%
  • Sofia Samodurova

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Stanislava Konstantinova

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Maria Sotskova

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cachoo

This is going to be a tough year for Russian ladies with only 3 spots for Worlds. I can only imagine the competition for these spots and leading up to the next Olympic games.
For sure: I'm with those who want to see the age moved to 18. I used to keep a list of skaters I would still want to watch if jumping were banned. For years it was Kwan, Cohen and Asada. Now Alena and Evgenia are the two skaters I'd want to see.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Anna has to improve on her short significantly..67 will not cut it even with quads. A clean Alina and Alena will probably be 8 to 10 points ahead in the short just based on early season scoring

Anna had a fall during the footwork, or she could have received 71-72 in the SP. I don’t expect her to repeat that mistake.

Finsta

But what if Alena lands 3axel in short program? She’s a much better overall skater than Zagitova. All I see with Zagitova is terrible posture, frantic skating. I hope this to be season judges stop giving her Olympic champion bonus points.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
But what if Alena lands 3axel in short program? She’s a much better overall skater than Zagitova. All I see with Zagitova is terrible posture, frantic skating. I hope this to be season judges stop giving her Olympic champion bonus points.

I agree. I don't understand the hype about Zag. Frantic skating with no interpretation or choreography skills. Just mad, quick skating with small jumps but the revolutions do get done.

Cachoo

I know you want to put great technical content out there. I think one day, not too far into the future, the two quad queens will improve their component scores. But for me---compared to Alina, Alena, Evgenia & a few other Russian ladies---they are artistically junior. I hate that good skaters sometimes come and go so quickly and we are seeing this with Russian ladies. I don't know if there is a solution.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I know you want to put great technical content out there. I think one day, not too far into the future, the two quad queens will improve their component scores. But for me---compared to Alina, Alena, Evgenia & a few other Russian ladies---they are artistically junior. I hate that good skaters sometimes come and go so quickly and we are seeing this with Russian ladies. I don't know if there is a solution.

Deleted comment.

Last edited:

Cachoo

Ok. I misread it. Will edit my post.

As much as I love the artistry, I find the technical advances in ladies skating very exciting.
It is exciting: I feel like we are missing out on some fine skating because the talent pool is so deep. It is frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information