Which State Do You Come From?

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
California
Idiot alert! I did not realize there was a survey thingie.

I seem to be from Texas

Last edited:

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
I made it to the 2nd question. I know these quizzes often have questions where none of the options feel right, but the choices of Favorite Sport being baseball, football, basketball or "Sorry, sports are too violent for me!" is too dumb for words.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I got half way through it when the page stalled. It brought me back to question #1. I guess I should have used the Edge browser. Oh well. Some of the questions were way off base for me to answer anyway. I did choose Barbecue for one of them. (y)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I started on the quiz, then I wished that I had not. Many questions should have had a 'none of the above' option. For example, for music 'Classical' was not offered as an option. I did the best I could and I got 'Hawaii' for the state I live in. Actually I live in a desert- Arizona! May be the quiz meant to say what state I would like to live in? I wouldn't mind living in beautiful Hawaii. :)

Cachoo

The results say New Jersey. I'm from Kansas but I have visited New Jersey more than any other state because my father was the oldest of eight children and they all reside in New Jersey. So maybe the quiz was not that far off.

gkelly

Mine also guessed Hawaii -- I have no idea why.

More often than not I did have a real answer to the question but it wasn't available as an option, so I had to choose the least worst option available. The test could have been a lot more accurate if they had allowed for 5-20 options on many of the questions instead of just 4 for all of them.

I understand why write-in answers wouldn't help with the kinds of algorithms they must be using. If someone really wanted to get to know individuals or even allow for a human-based guessing process, open-ended questions would be better.

katmari

Another Hawaii result here ... Although a lot of Michigan is bordered by water, it's severely lacking in palm trees, pineapples and hurricanes. :lol:

Speaking of Hawaii and hurricanes, sending best wishes to all as Hurricane Lane approaches.

Last edited:

PDilemma

It thinks this born-and-bred Virginian is from Hawai'i. :summer:

Born in Ohio, lived in Nebraska since age two. Result: Hawaii.

Like @gkelly, I found the choices for answers required me to just settle on one. There are no beaches here, but I would like a first date on a beach over the other options it gave.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Sounds like there are only 4 possible answers to this quiz. Read not long ago about someone who's job it was to make these click-bait quizzes up. Guess there's no incentive to improve them in any way, since we all just do it anyway, then complain about it, while whatever site it is racks up the 30 clicks it took for us to do it :p

Tinami Amori

I expected New York, got New Jersey. Must say that it was very hard for me to take this survey. There are over 35 questions. Only 2 offered a set of choices where i could actually find 1 choice of something i liked. ALL other questions offered choices where i hated or did not like any of the 4, and had to chose "the one i hate the least".

The choices of 4 drinks were all horrible. The choices of 4 colors i can't stand. The 4 presidents, none of which i would pick. First date? horrible choices! Favorite movie genre? none of what they listed..... Oy!

Last edited:

aliceanne

I did it twice. The first time it said Hawaii because I am laid back, the second time it said NJ because I am high energy. The only thing that I changed was the first time I chose summer and things that go with it (fedora, sailboat, bare feet etc), the second time I chose winter, boots, wool hat etc.

I don’t have a preference, I like snow and winter activities as much as beach and summer stuff.

Hawaii is nice, but I think I would get island fever if I lived there. NJ is too congested for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information