Which 3 ladies will qualify for the 2019 GPF, joining (most likely) Trusova, Kostornaia & Shcherbakova?

Which of these 3 ladies will qualify for the 2019 GPF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I’m going to guess You, Kihira, and Zagitova. If You can finish ahead of Tuktamysheva this week, she should be in and Tuktamysheva will be out.

If Mariah Bell finishes 2nd in Russia, she has a chance as well, but she would likely need a weak bronze medal or lower finish from Zagitova in Japan for that to happen.

Miyahara is the obvious question mark.

A Medvedeva win is not likely going to be enough.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Nowwwwww this is the question that keeps me up at night.

lol,

Well, for my girl Bradie to sneak in... this weekend has to be something like 1. Anna, 2. Satoko (this will get tricky though later), 3. Young or Tuk. 4.Young or Tuk

(IdF results went exactly like I predicted them to to keep Bradie in game)

I go over scenarios in my mind late at night.

lol

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Nowwwwww this is the question that keeps me up at night.

lol,

Well, for my girl Bradie to sneak in... this weekend has to be something like 1. Anna, 2. Satoko (this will get tricky though later), 3. Young or Tuk. 4.Young or Tuk

(IdF results went exactly like I predicted them to to keep Bradie in game)

I go over scenarios in my mind late at night.

lol

Bradie could get in with BOTH Tuktamysheva/You bronze medal OR lower finish this week, but that likely means Miyahara wins silver (or hypothetically gold) over them. That then means Miyahara needs 4th or lower in Russia and loses on a tiebreak, Bell 3rd or lower in Russia, Medvedeva to not win in Russia, Kihira likely 5th or lower in Japan, and Zagitova 4th or lower and losing on tie-break.

Bradie would need at least three of those five scenarios to happen in order to qualify, and I don’t see it. A You or Tuktamysheva silver this week and it’s pretty much a done deal.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Bradie could get in with BOTH Tuktamysheva/You bronze medal OR lower finish this week, but that likely means Miyahara wins silver (or hypothetically gold) over them. That then means Miyahara needs 4th or lower in Russia and loses on a tiebreak, Bell 3rd or lower in Russia, Medvedeva to not win in Russia, Kihira likely 5th or lower in Japan, and Zagitova 4th or lower and losing on tie-break.

Bradie would need at least three of those five scenarios to happen in order to qualify, and I don’t see it. A You or Tuktamysheva silver this week and it’s pretty much a done deal.

I know....

Now, do you see why Im up so late?

I dont see Medev making final at all. Young and Tuk both need no higher than 3rd this weekend.

The big thing is Satoko not medaling next weekend.

I dont see Bell getting silver in Russia.

I think of scenarios where final ends up as... 3 Russian dynamos, Kihira, Zag and Bradie.

Spun Silver

I know....

Now, do you see why Im up so late?

I dont see Medev making final at all. Young and Tuk both need no higher than 3rd this weekend.

The big thing is Satoko not medaling next weekend.

I dont see Bell getting silver in Russia.

I think of scenarios where final ends up as... 3 Russian dynamos, Kihira, Zag and Bradie.
You are willing to off a lot of good skaters to get your Bradie in the bunch! Sheesh!

SkateFanBerlin

Med too far down. Zag, reliable, will get in. Khira for sure. Satoko - she could score a couple silvers - would put her in. For US ladies Bradie too far down, Mariah could medal but probably a bronze. Still, a good Grand Prix for them.

text_skate

Who will win silver in Chongqing: Miyahara, Tuktamysheva or You??
I'd say, it depends on the TES panel. If it's strict, I doubt Miyahara can win. Too many < calls. 3A is also prone to < calls, more for You than Tuk.

Miyahara has by far the best program, and the best PCS. I hope, she wins silver, but I doubt it so much, that I didn't include her in my podium predictions :rolleyes:

all_empty

If Sofia Samodurova does unexpectedly well in China she could mix things up. The field is too strong at NHK for her medal and return to the Final.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
High probability: Zagitova, Kihira (both silver medallists in their first GP)

Third spot- dog fight between Miyahara, Tuktamysheva, and Medvedeva (or Tennell if Med does not win a silver in her second GP). I think Miyahara may have a good shot if she wins a silver in her first GP.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
OK I provide something to watch before you predict the podium at CoC. :D

Recorded live-streamed video on weibo from Thursday official practice.

shuilee

It's gonna be Tennell vs Miyahara for that final 6th spot. Tuk is out, and Med is out unless she wins CoR ahead of Trusova.

Bell is in GPF if she wins silver in CoR ahead of Med and Satoko, which seems unlikely.

olympic

It's gonna be Tennell vs Miyahara for that final 6th spot. Tuk is out, and Med is out unless she wins CoR ahead of Trusova.

Bell is in GPF if she wins silver in CoR ahead of Med and Satoko, which seems unlikely.

Satoko competes in CoR next week. It will be a chain of events that gets Bradie into the GPF. Satoko will have to be beaten by both Med and Mariah (Sasha wins) to finish 4th. She gained 211 points at CoC which was Bradie's SC total, so she will need less than 216 points and a 4th at CoR for Bradie to have a chance. Mariah's total at IdF was 212 points and Med had 209 points at SC (with a lot of room to grow). I see a scenario where Sasha and Med beat Satoko, but I think it's a bit tougher for Mariah to beat her (but w/in the realm of possibility)

Sylvia

TBD
After 4 events: http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2019/gpsladies.htm

Qualified: Anna SHCHERBAKOVA RUS 15 (227.76) + 15 (226.04) = 30 (453.80)

Alexandra TRUSOVA RUS 15 (241.02) - next: Rostelecom Cup
Alena KOSTORNAIA RUS 15 (236.00) - next: NHK Trophy

Rika KIHIRA JPN 13 (230.33) - next: NHK Trophy
Alina ZAGITOVA RUS 13 (216.06) - next: NHK Trophy
Satoko MIYAHARA JPN 13 (211.18) - next: Rostelecom Cup

Mariah BELL USA 11 (212.89) - next: Rostelecom Cup

Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS 7 (209.62) - next: Rostelecom Cup
Sofia SAMODUROVA RUS 7 (185.29) - next: NHK Trophy
Eunsoo LIM KOR 7 (184.50) - next: NHK Trophy
Starr ANDREWS USA 7 (180.54) - next: NHK Trophy

Bradie TENNELL USA 13 (216.14) + 9 (211.31) = 22 (427.45)
Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS 11 (205.97) + 11 (209.10) = 22 (415.07)
Young YOU KOR 11 (217.49) + 9 (191.81) = 20 (409.30)
Kaori SAKAMOTO JPN 9 (202.47) + 9 (199.24) = 18 (401.71)

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Satoko competes in CoR next week. It will be a chain of events that gets Bradie into the GPF. Satoko will have to be beaten by both Med and Mariah (Sasha wins) to finish 4th. She gained 211 points at CoC which was Bradie's SC total, so she will need less than 216 points and a 4th at CoR for Bradie to have a chance. Mariah's total at IdF was 212 points and Med had 209 points at SC (with a lot of room to grow). I see a scenario where Sasha and Med beat Satoko, but I think it's a bit tougher for Mariah to beat her (but w/in the realm of possibility)
With Satoko, she's kind of always at the mercy of the technical caller, so I think it's especially hard to know how she'll fare until the day.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

Oh man, what a nailbiter this is going to be. I wish Janny, Mariah, and Satoko could ALL make it. But bottom line, I just have to root for Satoko in this one!

olympic

^Mariah could make it, even if unlikely: She would have to get 2nd outright, but that probably means really subpar performances by Med and UR calls on Satoko, while Mariah performs foot-perfect.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
NHK should be very interesting, with Kihira, Kostornaia and Zagitova fighting for the gold. Nobody can afford a mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information