What's your Olympic wish?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
18 days!
Apart from the obvious that all athletes, spectators and the people of S. Korea stay safe and there are no serious injuries mine are simple

I want my two favorite pair teams to skate two clean programs so that no matter how the results fall, they won't live with regrets because they made a mistake. I want happy :wuzrobbed and not :fragile:

Other than that I just plan to be highly entertained.

Anyasnake

Savchenko/Massot win gold - I'll be very happy with Sui/Han winning of course, but I want them to be enraged and win on home soil in 2022 and for this year, S/M wins it.
A clean S/M, S/H, Seguin/Bilodeau, J/C will be my absolute wish.

That the Men event does not become a splatfest might actually my first wish. I'll let the scores decide the rest, but I'd like to see Patrick Chan SP clean - "Dust in the wind" is just... I have no words for this. And a clean Seimei would be cherry on top and a moment to remember forever.

That all Russian skaters skate their hearts out - they did not take part in the doping scandals so show the world that your are such a strong talented team like you showed at Europeans. How about an epic battle for Canada vs Russia Team Gold.

For the Ladies, an epic battle at the top. It might be too much to ask them all to skate clean, but the programs are golden when clean.

For Dance, I want Pap/Ciz to create a moment to remember on Olympic ice and take the gold. Most importantly, all teams clean. If they pull out a Torino I will riot.

Last wish : to catch up my sleep after this season. Every skating event for me is from 2 a.m to 5 a.m. :scream:

Willin

Wish? How about wishes? I have too many hopes...

As a crazy patriotic fan:
  • US Team Bronze (Only because Gold/Silver are probably not possible)
  • US Lady in the Top 5
  • Nathan Chen on the Podium (Gold preferrably)
  • All three US dance teams in the Top 5
As a fan of the sport and the journeys the athletes go on:
  • Savchenko/Massot Gold (But I wouldn't be too sad to see Sui/Han beat them)
  • Mirai doing a 3A with +GOE
  • A ladies podium with some combo of Medvedeva, Kostner, Osmond, or Miyahara
  • A clean competition for the Knirems leading to Personal Best scores
  • Misha Ge in the Top 10 or maybe even Top 5
But, most of all: Clean skates all around! No men's splatfest this year!
(Hopefully. I'm crossing my fingers. Although the more pessimistic and awful side of me knows that in the US splatfests = better ratings and more interest in Olympic skating)

DobrinFan

Wishes:

Nathan not to skate both events in the team event and to win the individual Gold! I'm not really a fan but I want him to win gold because the judges would never give it to Boyang :drama: and because I'm being patriotic and he's our only Gold medal hope :biggrinbo
Boyang with a medal, don't care what color :D
Maria, Satoko, and Bradie to skate two clean programs. Don't care were they finish just give me clean programs and no what ifs :cheer2:
Kaetlyn to crash the Russian party at the top and take Gold! :EVILLE:
Tarasova/Morozov to get a new LP :saint:
Hurtado/Khaliavin to skate their hearts out and do well, top 12? :cheer:

muffinplus

Danes going to the Olympics (not gonna happen but oh well)
Chock/Bates getting bronze
Virtue/Moir getting gold (probably not gonna happen)

screech

Patrick skating to his ability to cap off a fantastic career, with pride in his final performances (Ideally gold in the team event, and medal in the individual, though the latter is probably unlikely). I'd love for Javi to skate lights out and land on the podium (I'd love him to get gold)

Med to be steady on her feet and rightfully ahead of her teammate, getting a new 24K accessory, and a Canadian lady on the podium.

Sui/Han or Savchenko winning pairs, and James/Cipres skating brilliantly. I'd also enjoy Stolbova/Klimov winning.

WeaPo getting to skate in the team event, and Andrew successfully completing every twizzle throughout the whole competition. I'd love for them to get the bronze.

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
1. Mirai skates in the team event, and the US wins the bronze.
2. Stolbova and Klimov win bronze in pairs. (I'm fine with either Savchenko/Massot or Sui/Han winning)
3. Men's is not a splatfest.
4. Clean performances of the short and free from Patrick Chan.
5. Yuzuru Hanyu wins his second gold, Nathan Chen wins silver, and Javier Fernandez wins bronze.
5. Papadakis/Cizeron absolutely crush Virtue/Moir.
6. Evgenia Medvedeva wins gold.

Vagabond

Cross-posting:
My one wish for the season is that, at the Olympics, some commentator makes some snooty remark about Miyahara's small jumps and that, immediately afterwards, she does a very high, perfectly rotated clockwise triple. :kickass:

That's not too much to ask for now, is it? :saint:

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
First and foremost: that there are big PBs all around for Team Australia. Everything that occurs as a result of that is secondary.

Other wishes:
- Evgenia to skate perfect and clean and get a huge score and win.
- Sui and Han to win. Tarasova and Morozov to podium.
- Clean skates to decide the men's event
- Papadakis/Cizeron to win the dance

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I want clean skates resulting in a lot of PBs and at least one happy surprise!
Pairs - I want a tie for gold between SuiHan and SavMas
Dance - I have too many for bronze. 4 way tie?
Men - Uno
Ladies - Med

As for the Os as a whole, I’d like to see some North American medals in Nordic and sliding. I’m hoping for some outrageous runs in freestyle and at least one daring run in downhill to snatch a medal.

Reactions: fai

coppertop1

Gold for Canada in the Team Event
Patrick skates for himself and enjoys his last Olympics. Even if he doesn't win a medal
A medal for Duhamel/Radford
Virtue/Moir win gold
Osmond and Daleman on the podium again.
The men rise to the challenge
The first-time Olympians all skate their best

lynnmacd5

1. FAIR JUDGING

2. On podium any colour is fine.
L: Osmond, Kostner,
M: Patrick, Javi,
P: S/M, S/H, D/R
D: V/M, C/L, W/P

Clean skating from everyone and I really want the UNCLE of figure skating to win. Cheering on the old farts. I would love to see them end their careers on a high note.

3. FAIR JUDGING

quartz

scratching at the light
I’d like all the veterans, if not able to medal, then at least to have clean, fabulous skates so they can retire from competition at peace with how they have finished.
I’d also like to see some of the “assumed to be the gold medal winners before they have even skated” to be upset by the dark horses. I love the unexpected.

coppertop1

I’d like all the veterans, if not able to medal, then at least to have clean, fabulous skates so they can retire from competition at peace with how they have finished.
I’d also like to see some of the “assumed to be the gold medal winners before they have even skated” to be upset by the dark horses. I love the unexpected.

I think the upset will happen. It always does.

oleada

Pairs: Aliona to finally win gold. Sui/Han and Stolbova/Klimov to round out the podium.
Ladies: Med for gold :cheer2:
Men: Yuzu-Shoma to go 1-2.
Dance: P/C for gold and H/D for bronze

falling_dance

Coaching Patrick
Strong performances by all of the favorites in my sig line who are going, for Nagasu to land two clean 3As, and for Brendan Kerry, Larkyn Austman, and Ziegler/Kiefer to skate well.

ETA: And also for Maé-Bérénice Méité to do well, if she's going.

Last edited:

Marco

1. Pairs - CHN or GER team winning (I can't decide - I hope it will be a decisive win like for Yuna vs Mao in 2010)

2. Dance - CAN or FRA team winning (I can't decide - I hope it will be a decisive win like for Yuna vs Mao in 2010)

3. Ladies - Kaetlyn ad Carolina on the podium, Kailani Craine makes it to the free and places top 20.

4. Men - Nathan, Javi and Shoma on the podium

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
1. My girl Med wins the gold
2. Hubbell-Donahue medal
3. Mirai skates clean with two good 3As
4. J/C medal in pairs with great skates
5. Hanyu wins with great skates, Kolyada and Chen medal.

If all this happens I will take a break from skating fandom for a year and stay happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information