What song are you listening to?

Susan1

Randomly - every tine I hear As Tears Go By by the Stones (just on the internet), I think of this song, so I finally looked it up -
As the Years Go by - Mashmakhan

Wiki - "At its release, the single sold 100,000 copies in Canada, 500,000 copies in the United States.....". My friend's oldest sister (she had three) was one of the 500,000. I don't even remember hearing it on the radio, but we used to play her 45. I think Punk Rock copied off of them.

Susan1

Speaking of Paul McCartney on other thread - Helen Wheels - Wings (internet station - Classic Rock 1972-1977)

quartz

scratching at the light
New Kansas album - The Absence of Presence - excellent blend of the old-school symphonic Kansas sound and more contemporary prog. I’ve only had 4 listens, and so still learning all the details, layers, and nuances.

Susan1

Levon - Elton John I'm only mentioning what I am listening to now because it always reminds me of my high school bookkeeping class (don't do the math). We had a quiz every week and he would write two bonus questions up on the board that were always music questions. The only one I remember was What did Levon sell in town? Cartoon balloons. The second question would have been an Elton song question too, maybe from the current album at the time. I can't remember. I just think of that every time I hear that song.

So by the time I finished typing that I wasn't listening to Levon anymore. Now is Gasoline Alley - Rod Stewart.

paskatefan

Let's Get Lost on a Country Road - The Kit Kats. This song was a hit in Philly (in the mid 60's). According to the comments about it on Youtube, it wasn't a national hit. That's a shame - such lovely harmony in the song.

Susan1

Live and Let Die. Saw him do that live twice - with the fireworks going up. You guys know how much I LOVE Paul, but now, every time I hear that song, I think of the Shrek movie where they play that song while Fiona's dead frog/King father is floating on the lily pad. hee hee hee

Susan1

Just want to say - turned on the Bubblegum station on the computer this morning and got Cherry Hill Park, Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows AND Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes all in a row (my childhood).

Susan1

Just on the 1969 internet radio (I don't know what to call it It says "Accuradio.com") - I Wanna Be Your Dog. Kind of disturbing. I have never heard that song in my life. 1969? Had to look it up. The Stooges. Lead vocals by Iggy Pop, so there you go. Covered by Joan Jett, David Bowie, Nirvana and others.

Better - This Girl is a Woman Now - Gary Puckett and the Union Gap.

Bellanca

Last edited:

Susan1

By the Time I Get to Phoenix - Glen Campbell. Now I'm going to have to turn off the internet radio and find Wichita Lineman online.

I already get choked up when I hear this song, but read the comments underneath. Tears running down my face now.

Susan1

Shall we dance - The King and I

I have a box set of the 45s, that was my parents', obviously, but I used to play them all the time. Here -

Thought it would be worth more than $9.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Schubert’s serenade by various artists. Here is one by Isaac Stern.

By Joshua Bell:

By Itzhak Perlman:

By unknown artist:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information