Volosozhar and Trankov: "Yes, we are expecting a baby!"

Sylvia

TBD
@Ka3sha, you really should have started a thread with this happy news! :) Re-posting from "From Russia with love":
Finally, news from Volosozhar/Trankov:
http://7days.ru/news/tatyana-voloso...dve-detskie-dlya-malchika-i-dlya-devochki.htm

They are having a baby :) She is on the fourth month of pregnancy
Congratulations to them!
Link to Google translation of their interview (nice photos of the couple, too, taken at the Ritz-Carlton, Moscow O2 Lounge and Restaurant).

ETA this Google translated excerpt:

- And what about the 2018 Olympics?

Maxim: After the birth we will have to prepare for a year, so we want to participate in it. Tanya spoke with many girls, skater, who gave birth, recovered and went out on the ice. If not so difficult a strong desire to get back in shape. And biathletes and skiers, for example, even improve their results - thanks to the rise of hormonal. Maybe we having a baby will only benefit. We've had problems with motivation. And there will be new emotions and new circumstances that may push us to the next achievement.

Tatiana: Yet to me now is difficult to give a 100 percent response about the Olympics. During pregnancy a woman's body changes, then another feeding ... Maybe I'll get better too and I can not get back in shape. Of course, I'm special steel watch weight, despite the fact that there has never not worked with nutritionists, have enough good heredity. Now every time I think before something to eat: and to not harm the baby and herself. Well, I can still say that, yes, I plan to as soon as possible to get out on the ice after giving birth. And yet I was not used to make plans in advance, but instead I'll just move step by step to the goal. Frankly speaking, really want to take part in the Olympics. But at the moment the most important thing - the birth of a child. And from then on we will decide yes or no.

Last edited:

leigh466

Wow! Happy news for them, but I guess bitter-sweet for fans. Their final performances at Worlds last year were not how I would have wished them to punctuate their career.

chantilly

I think their legacy as pairs skaters will be fine.
They won gold on home ice twice.
Congrats to them.

caseyedwards

Wow! Happy news for them, but I guess bitter-sweet for fans. Their final performances at Worlds last year were not how I would have wished them to punctuate their career.

First- Good for them. Second when you win Olympic gold no post Olympic gold performances count. Unless you win Olympic gold again.

Xela M

They timed it all wrong. She should have had the baby during the 18 months Max was recovering from injury. Now there isn't enough time to get back into shape before the Olympics

barbarafan

oh pls....have you ever had a baby?. doctors say you should keep on with your usual activities that your body is used to to keep healthy unless they are dangerous. So.....she can do all her off ice stuff and skate..Of course no lifts or throws in case of a fall. so she will prob. be in shape and they can do cheoro and work on the beauty and placement of the programs but no main elements until 6 weeks after baby arrives....so if they really want to come back they will be fine...If after baby is born and they feel they want to go into another direction then good for them but it does not have to be because they have no choice.

Xela M

oh pls....have you ever had a baby?. doctors say you should keep on with your usual activities that your body is used to to keep healthy unless they are dangerous. So.....she can do all her off ice stuff and skate..Of course no lifts or throws in case of a fall. so she will prob. be in shape and they can do cheoro and work on the beauty and placement of the programs but no main elements until 6 weeks after baby arrives....so if they really want to come back they will be fine...If after baby is born and they feel they want to go into another direction then good for them but it does not have to be because they have no choice.

Yes, I've had a baby

barbarafan

Felt like death for the first 4 months, but was ok after that. And since my regular activities were alternating between sitting on a couch and sitting on a chair - I carried on as usual :p
oh sorry about that....I felt fantastic for all 9 months for my first. I ran around at top speed the entire time, worked until I delivered and went back at 6 weeks after. (my boy)The second one I was queasy for 4 months although still maintained a very busy schedule and after that I felt great and worked til I delivered.(a girl)
On the other hand my sister did all her sports and even trained for marathons with her doctors blessing and all was fine until she had stomach cramps at 8 months,went to the doctor, they gave her stuff to stop labor and expand? baby's lungs and told her labor was stopped...She delivered 4 hours later. so who knows?

Jammers

I think this team is pretty much done. They might try and pull a Plushenko and go for a gold medal in the team competition but with all the time off they had taken and age and injuries they have already fallen behind the other top teams. As it is after the baby is born they won't have much time to get in shape for the Olympic season.

MAXSwagg

Why's this even directed at me? I was laughing because a "plan" like she described would've worked out good. What a slightly sexist motivation behind that comment. :confused:

VGThuy

Great! Now they can work on a quad as Max said they'll possibly work on one once she had a baby. :D :p

Rock2

They both pretty much said they will figure it out once the baby arrives. If Tatiana has a problem-free pregnancy and can train, as stated earlier, she won't need much time to get into shape. The arrival of the baby will either be an inspiration or a diversion as far as Olympic plans goes, so time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information