VGThuy

There was a rumor that Vincent got like the perfect SAT score, so if that actually was the case, I can see Brown willing to let him do one semester and then continue his college career after 2022.

vanillashake

Banned Member
I was pretty amazed at his rise and results last year. I could see it happening at some point, but didnt this it would be this soon. Beating Uno out of the medals at worlds in Japan, never would have guessed that.

Fiero425

I was pretty amazed at his rise and results last year. I could see it happening at some point, but didnt this it would be this soon. Beating Uno out of the medals at worlds in Japan, never would have guessed that.

He always had the ability; probably just needed to get his nerves in order! A lot of the times a skater just needs to stay upright; UNO didn't, hence Zhou's medal win! Schoma has had more than his share and was bound to drop off a little either with expectations or injury! :shuffle: :plush::judge:

SkateFanBerlin

Really nice to see Zhou come to the fore front of the sport. Must be doubly hard when the world champion plays in your court. Vincent turns out to be an smarty, articulate guy in his own right.

bardtoob

I am glad he is not injured.

I suspected college would become his priority, and there is no harm in that.

He is a National medalist with medals from every ISU Championship for which he is eligible, as well as an Olympian. Going beyond "more of the same" in skating is unlikely, but he could excel in new ways in college.

Last edited:

SkateFanBerlin

I hope Vincent has gotten everything from the sport he wants. Being a super-elite athlete is something few get to experience. A college education even at an elite Uni is not that special. I know he isn't saing he's quitting skating. But, in 30 years of following the sport only Nathan has attended an elite school and kept his skating up to standard.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Vincent's message as posted yesterday on his IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/B38BMLnHxsX/
It's been difficult for me to reach the conclusion that the best thing for me is to withdraw from my Grand Prixs, Cup of China and Rostelecom Cup. The training situation here in Providence has been very difficult even without my school commitment factored in, and after all, I must put academics ahead of everything else. With midterms going on right now, I have not been able to put in the necessary time and energy into training and preparing to compete. I'm sorry -- but I hope to be back and better than ever soon. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support!

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
I will miss seeing him at the GPs, but Vincent knows what is best for him. I wish him every success in his academic endeavors and I hope to see him again very soon in competition, perhaps at Nationals.

VGThuy

I think that's the perfect vehicle for him. Vincent has always been a somewhat soulful skater and I think this program taps into that. I know some of his past vehicles were more showcases for his jumps because he's still developing and wants to master the highly demanding and ambitious tech content but he seemed into the ballads. I still remember his Olympic SP music choice haha. How appropriate that he's skating to a song about another Vincent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information