Vasilisa Kaganovskaya and Valeriy Angelopol are awesome

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
You might have noticed that my interest in Ice Dance has returned ever since I laid my eyes on Kaganovskaya/Angelopol.
The last time I felt so strongly about a couple was when Ilinykh/Katsalapov hit the stage...and we all know how that ended...

I think K/A deserve a cheer thread.

Here is their awesome FD from this season's Russian Grand Prix Final: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMnaUpE4KsM

Moreover, they are very fan-friendly and Valera often posts videos of his everyday life. He seems to be enjoying boxing these days.
You can check his stories on IG here: https://www.instagram.com/_valeriy_angelopol_/
Vasilisa's IG is here: https://www.instagram.com/_kaganovskay_14/

I hope Russia finally stops the war or they switch countries because I really want these two on the big stage.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
It makes me so sad that Putin's political ambitions cost these kids a world medal, very likely a title. I too hope they are able to compete on the world stage soon. Talent and very likeable.

escaflowne9282

Reformed Manspreader
I like them.They have a lot of potential. Their transitions are very innovative and they skate with a lot of speed. They still have a juniorish quality to their upper body and expression , but that can likely change with time .
Thematically, the program is a bit generic.

Cachoo

Putin has to die at some point, no? Then the children ---and I do literally mean children--- can return to a real future.

Icetalavista

Terrific entrances to spins/lifts, good performance quality. Russian dance seems to be back on its feet. But did I miss something, or did they NOT need to have a twizzle sequence? (An ad interrupted the video).

angi

They are definitely better than the current other Russian dance teams, but I'm honestly not that impressed. Even if we ignore Krylova's poor choices for their packaging and choreography, they leave an impression by doing all kinds of flashy tricks, their basics are nice and I did like the R&J FD they had in the past, but overall if I compare them to a lot of the current international teams I don't think they stand out in any way.
As for potential, I don't think they have much if they stay with Krylova, then again they will probably get sent to Zhulin anyway like the rest and that's not great either.

ETA: Reading this it might came out a bit more negative than I intended but I do think it so 🤷‍♀️

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
They are definitely better than the current other Russian dance teams, but I'm honestly not that impressed. Even if we ignore Krylova's poor choices for their packaging and choreography, they leave an impression by doing all kinds of flashy tricks, their basics are nice and I did like the R&J FD they had in the past, but overall if I compare them to a lot of the current international teams I don't think they stand out in any way.
As for potential, I don't think they have much if they stay with Krylova, then again they will probably get sent to Zhulin anyway like the rest and that's not great either.

ETA: Reading this it might came out a bit more negative than I intended but I do think it so 🤷‍♀️
I don't think they will leave Krylova because Angelopol wanted to be coached only by her and his uncle is Oleg Ovsyannikov, so they and Anjelika are basically family.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
A Q&A with Angelopol was posted today on their fan-channel on Telegram and Valeriy reposted it on his Telegram channel.

My favorite Q&A was:
"If you had the chance to skate a program as a pair with any skater you want (apart from Vasilisa), who would you skate it with?"
Answer: "Vasilisa."

Dude's a keeper. I love how they get along with each other.

ellenpuff

Banned Member
It makes me so sad that Putin's political ambitions cost these kids a world medal, very likely a title. I too hope they are able to compete on the world stage soon. Talent and very likeable.
Is this sarcasm, delusion, or both? Based on these videos, these two would be fortunate to scrape into the top 12 at Worlds. They are not better than Carreira/Ponomarenko or the French.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Is this sarcasm, delusion, or both? Based on these videos, these two would be fortunate to scrape into the top 12 at Worlds. They are not better than Carreira/Ponomarenko or the French.
I said junior worlds. This would have been their first season as seniors. They were on their way to junior worlds when Russia was pulled out. They're still very young. Give them time.

ellenpuff

Banned Member
I said junior worlds. This would have been their first season as seniors. They were on their way to junior worlds when Russia was pulled out. They're still very young. Give them time.

I see. I was not familiar with this team to realize you implied junior worlds when you said "world title".

I could see them on the podium at the past Junior Worlds—they're certainly better than the Brits—but the Czechs are better dancers at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information