Impact of Russia-Ukraine War on sports worldwide

caseyedwards

Putin is not in the IOC Russia is. Russia is not Putin and never will be. There will be a Russia after Putin like there was one before Putin. A country is not its government

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So now that we are less than 2 months out from the summer Olympics, how many "neutral" Russians have qualified and will be there?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Thanks. Way too many in wrestling. But nothing in "my" sport so I might actually watch it. :)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I remember when people were predicting that ROC would simply be let back in and then that they would essentially be let back in via having every sport have neutral athletes. So in that sense, I'm glad to see that the list is a lot smaller than that and concentrated in a handful of sports.

text_skate

I'm not sure if this is the right thread :cry:
RIP
edit:
Kutsenko lived in Italy with his family, but returned to his home nation at the onset of the full-scale Russian invasion. He volunteered to join the Ukrainian Armed Forces and served with the 47th Separate Mechanised Brigade for two years. He was killed during a combat mission with his brigade on July 3, 2024.

Amy L

Looks like all the invited athletes (other than trampoline) are in sports well known for doping issues. They'll feel right at home.
I recognize the name for trampoline, Ivan Litvinovich is the reigning gold medalist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information