(Updated) Denis Ten Murdered: was stabbed in the thigh

Tinami Amori

I presume there is no death penalty in Kazakstan?
There is, for certain level of crimes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan "Eliminated death penalty for ordinary crimes only", but terrorism, treason, vicious murder cases are still considered for capital punishment.

People don't realize but Kazakhstan is "more Soviet/USSR" than other former Soviet republics, even Russia. Noursultan Nazarbayev, the Ruler of Kazakhstan, for example has been in power since late 1980's, over 30 years.... In late 1980's he was the Chief of Communist Party of Kazhakstan (which is basically a president of State), and in 1990 he was elected President and never left.... :D. A lot of "laws and methods" are still from USSR.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
According to the latest Yahoo News article, Denis suffered “multiple” wounds, not just one. Source for this: Kazinform news agency.
Also, this article reveals that a movie of his life was already being planned - with Denis collaborating on the script - and, according to Kazak-Russian film director Timur Bekmambetov, will now proceed (carried out), with a different ending...

I tried copying link to the article itself but only get this, which is the overall Yahoo main page.

https://www.yahoo.com/

https://www.yahoo.com/

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Pres. Nazarbayev guarantees Ten's family that the criminals (the guilty ones) will be given the harshest and most severe sentence.
Президент заверил, что виновные в свершении этого преступления будут привлечены к ответственности и понесут самое строгое и суровое наказание.
https://www.nur.kz/1743353-muhamediuly-roditeli-denisa-tena-razdavleny-gorem.html

The Minister Muhamedouly, who is also an old time friend and college-mate with Ten's mother, posted on Facebook this, and said: There is no excuse for your murderers. There is no forgiveness for them.
Нет оправдания твоим убийцам. Нет им прощения.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...894.1073741830.100014339801810&type=3&theater

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....

millyskate

Beautiful film. What an incredible young man. His skating was beautiful and so was his soul - I'm still feeling in shock at the news. I'm glad the Olympic Channel and taken the trouble to make this beautiful film, it documents his legacy in ways they could not have anticipated.

Tinami Amori

I don't think he got married.
Ten was bombarded with questions "when will you marry" right after the Olys, and replied "Kazakh women are the most beautiful in the whole world".
https://forbes.kz/leader/denis_ten_kazahstanskie_devushki_krasivee_vseh/

If he was to marry, he would not marry just "any girl". He comes from noble Korean roots. His grand-father was a famous General in Korea in early 20th century, and the family is said to be decendants of Princess Min. His grand-father had documents proving his aristocratic origins, and if political events did not split Korea, and the history would flow without revolutions, Ten would probably be a "prince" (as he himself explained).

Ten gave an interview about it on TV, explaining who his family is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HcmyyOO_cU

Japanfan

I'm posting because I watched the news tonight, both at 10pm and 11pm, first the Canadian channels and then the American channels. There was nothing. Which made me angry, he's a two-time World medallist and an Olympic medalist. This happened within the last 24 hours, right? Or am I not understanding correctly the time this happened and his story was reported last night?

I'm so gutted.

I too looked for this story on the news, and was disappointed that it wasn't covered.

skatingguy

decently
I've been trying not to think about this today, because every time I do I start crying. Now it's starting again...

I'm posting because I watched the news tonight, both at 10pm and 11pm, first the Canadian channels and then the American channels. There was nothing. Which made me angry, he's a two-time World medallist and an Olympic medalist. This happened within the last 24 hours, right? Or am I not understanding correctly the time this happened and his story was reported last night?

I'm so gutted.
I too looked for this story on the news, and was disappointed that it wasn't covered.
As others have said, it's been covered on the internet and in newspapers. But I'm still shocked that the major news networks didn't find time for this news anywhere in their hour-long broadcasts. :mad:
I think you have to keep in mind that this is Kazakhstan we're talking about. Media access is going to be highly restricted and additional attention on crime in Kazakhstan may bring unintended consequences. Plus the breaking news out of Washington as the day progressed probably pushed the story from most broadcasts.

Last edited:

SamuraiK

That is quite public. I did not expect that.

I hope his family is having a private ceremony, this seems almost like a state funeral. My heart goes out to his parents.

Denis was hugely popular in KAZ the country is also mourning one of his biggest sport stars.so it does not surprise me. It of course does not compare to the pain his parents must be going through but I hope they can take just a little bit of comfort seeing how beloved was his son.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Last edited:

Sally1214

Although I didn't understand a word spoken, that was certainly a grand tribute to Denis. The flowers by the coffin were beautiful and there were so many flowers left from ordinary people attending. The raw grief on the faces of the people was a huge testament to how much he was loved. And, the Kazakhstan flag covering his coffin spoke to the hero status he was accorded in his beloved country. His parents and brother sitting in the front row. My heart just broke every time they showed them..especially when his father broke down completely when they closed the casket. His mother looked just totally broken and numb. My God, this is just so sad .... there are no words. May Denis rest in peace ... and, please God, give strength, courage & your endless love to his parents & loved ones to get through this and find a way to go on without their beloved Denis.

Last edited:

Japanfan

I also have been trying to bring a tiny bit of comfort to myself by thinking that maybe he didn't suffer too much before losing consciousness.

I too would like to find that comfort.

Like you, I thought they probably stabbed him ONCE in the thigh (not meaning to kill him but just to take him down) so that they could run away. And, if that ONE stab hit the femoral artery in his thigh, the blood loss would be massive in a very short time & maybe he lost consciousness very quickly. But this .... no, this does not sound like it was quick.

I guess we'll need to wait for the official report or equivalent to be issued.

But I would think one would lose consciousness very quickly due to massive blood loss, sort of like a blinking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information