U.S. Women [#1]: The Contenders Unmask Themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Why the heck does he hate Alysa so much? Is it because she isn't one of his Russian "daughters?"

I also don't get his comments about Alysa's Dad. Anyone who's met Alysa can tell you he's the furthest thing from a tiger parent. Even those who haven't met her can probably tell just by her instagram posting habits (not carefully curated to perfection and filled with age appropriate antics), her coaching situation (by all accounts arranged by USFS; not to mention they never fired Lupetsky even in rough patches until USFS arranged alternatives for him), her siblings (none anywhere near as high achieving as her), her interviews (lots of stuff about her self motivation), her travel (often without him), and the lack of any interview mentioning her Dad being "dedicated" to her skating in the way people mention other famous tiger parents in various sports. Maybe Dave believes in racist stereotypes along with his misogynistic ones?

Dave & TSL are sensitive to cultural differences. Absolutely no “hate” behind their comments on Alysa, her dad or anyone else. Comments and even opinions are based on facts. They have insights and pipelines...and their special guests are solid, such as Moskvina, Megan, Todd recently. TSL is my weekend skating fun...my Sunday afternoon tea time. How lucky to have them! 💕

VGThuy

That's an awful lot of USFS propaganda to call it a magazine.
Many magazines have been made to promote propaganda and a viewpoint though. I for one subscribe to one called Jacobin. Let’s just say I won’t be reading any articles about the virtues and brilliance of late stage capitalism in that magazine. Think of all the magazines with a viewpoint you know about.

skatingguy

decently
Many magazines have been made to promote propaganda and a viewpoint though. I for one subscribe to one called Jacobin. Let’s just say I won’t be reading any articles about the virtues and brilliance of late stage capitalism in that magazine. Think of all the magazines with a viewpoint you know about.
I was thinking it looked more like a brochure. I don't know that I could name many magazines as so many aren't in print any more.

Last edited:

VGThuy

I was thinking it looked more like a brochure. I don't know that I could name many magazines as so many are in print any more.
There are actually a ton still in print despite the print news industry being far from what it was. Newsstands are still full of them. Many of the surviving ones have a big online presence too.

Willin

Dave & TSL are sensitive to cultural differences. Absolutely no “hate” behind their comments on Alysa, her dad or anyone else. Comments and even opinions are based on facts. They have insights and pipelines...and their special guests are solid, such as Moskvina, Megan, Todd recently. TSL is my weekend skating fun...my Sunday afternoon tea time. How lucky to have them! 💕
Pretty sure I, having skated at that rink at the same time as Alysa, having been on ice with Alysa, and knowing people who still train at that rink, have much more "insight" into the situation than Dave way in NY.

WOULDACOULDARETURNS

TSL is my Sunday evening entertainment. I don’t always agree with their position on certain topics, but I enjoy the break from reality!

sundayspirals

Alysa Liu is competing this weekend at the Silicon Valley Open.
Looking at her SP protocols, her tech content in the Olympic season seems to be 3a, 3F, 3Lz3Lo. She fell on her 3a and had a downgrade on her 3Lo but impressive nonetheless if this is what she's going for in the upcoming season.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
TSL is my Sunday evening entertainment. I don’t always agree with their position on certain topics, but I enjoy the break from reality!
Exactly! It’s, quite frankly, the most entertaining and absorbing medium in any form (TV, streaming, podcasts, fora, hard-copy book or magazine, etc) for English-language information on figure skating. Period. Full stop.

It is the absolute joy of an average weekend for fs fans. Sunday afternoons - and, if we’re lucky, early editions on Saturdays - are extra special thanks to TSL. Teatime ☕️ with Dave, Jonathan & friends...especially Coach Galina, who is often a prominent part of the show, yet has never been an actual on-air guest, that I recall, LOL!

Hedwig

Antique member
I am getting quite annoyed with people (regardless of gender ;-)) telling other people how to live their life. Especially in regard to how much enjoyment they themselves get out of it. Entitled much?
Gracie still skates and why and for what purpose is to decide for her and her alone and not by people watching her. If she does not bring you enjoyment than stop watching her. It is that easy.

Sylvia

TBD
This 2-minute video was uploaded by OIP on July 31:
Karen Chen's footwork can brighten any day! Coached by Tammy Gambill. Long Program choreography by Pasquale Camerlengo. Filmed by Jordan Cowan, June 2021 at the Broadmoor World Arena in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Sylvia

TBD
Newly added to the ISP:

Maxine Marie Bautista - scored 168.25 at DuPage Open last weekend (114 in her 5-triple FS)

Sofia Frank - finished 3rd (159.73) in her Senior Ladies debut at Glacier Falls Summer Classic last weekend - clip of her fun/upbeat SP (final minute as filmed by Cowan back in May): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgeuk7GliaE

Elyce Lin-Gracey - won her Novice group at Glacier Falls with a total score of 147.95, landing 3Lz+2T & 3F in both programs

VGThuy

I really want to see Karen Chen skate this routine full-out in Beijing. Imagine what a moment that would be…if we have an audience…

That footwork was incredible, as always, but it looks even better now, and boy she was pushing that layback spin to the extreme. It was much faster than I was remembering. She seems to be in great condition right now, and full of confidence.

sk9tingfan

Last edited:

feraina

Alysa's FS score at the Silicon Valley Open. Not bad for a fast outing. Looks like she has started to get out her "ya-ya's". Have not found protocols yet. I'll amend this when they're up.

https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2021/30003/CAT033SEG043.html Final with detailed judges' scores
Wow. That’s a really good score for the first outing of her senior FS, isn’t it? Ambitious content and she managed to stand up on everything and get good levels on spins/steps and high PCs. Highest senior summer score so far? I’m excited to see what she can do next weekend at cranberry cup. :)

Sylvia

TBD
Highest senior summer score so far? I’m excited to see what she can do next weekend at cranberry cup. :)
Yes - Alysa Liu 139 in FS / 205 total (Silicon Valley Open)... and Happy Sweet 16th birthday to her today!

Currently #6-8 in summer comp. total scores:
Emily Zhang 110/170 (Chesapeake Open)
Maxine Marie Bautista 114/168 (DuPage Open)
Audrey Shin 112/167 (Glacier Falls, returning from injury)

From July 24:
SENIOR WOMEN FS/OVERALL (top 5 summer 2021 scores)
Gabriella Izzo 125/197
Sierra Venetta 133/186
Lindsay Thorngren 123/184
Isabeau Levito 116/183
Paige Rydberg 107/165
U.S. women currently scheduled to compete in Cranberry Cup:

SENIOR (Aug. 14-15)
Mariah Bell - season debut
Amber Glenn - season debut
Gracie Gold
Finley Hawk
Rena Ikenishi
Gabriella Izzo
Alysa Liu
Heidi Munger - season debut
Paige Rydberg
Audrey Shin

JUNIOR (Aug. 12-13)
Elsa Cheng
Jessica Lin
Maryn Pierce
Violeta Ushakova
Ava Ziegler

Maxine Bautista & Sierra Venetta are the 2 ISP skaters listed as competing in the Senior event at Cranberry Open club comp. (Aug. 13 & 15).

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Yes - Alysa Liu 139 in FS / 205 total (Silicon Valley Open)... and Happy Sweet 16th birthday to her today!

Currently #6-8 in summer comp. total scores:
Emily Zhang 110/170 (Chesapeake Open)
Maxine Marie Bautista 114/168 (DuPage Open)
Audrey Shin 112/167 (Glacier Falls, returning from injury)

From July 24:

U.S. women currently scheduled to compete in Cranberry Cup:

SENIOR (Aug. 14-15)
Mariah Bell - season debut
Amber Glenn - season debut
Gracie Gold
Finley Hawk
Rena Ikenishi
Gabriella Izzo
Alysa Liu
Heidi Munger - season debut
Paige Rydberg
Audrey Shin

JUNIOR (Aug. 12-13)
Elsa Cheng
Jessica Lin
Maryn Pierce
Violeta Ushakova
Ava Ziegler

Maxine Bautista & Sierra Venetta are the 2 ISP skaters listed as competing in the Senior event at Cranberry Open club comp. (Aug. 13 & 15).

So Bradie isnt doing cranberry?

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

Video gave me chills first because Karen did an excellent job with this.

And second because I’ve taken one private lesson in my life and was on that exact same ice-skating rink in Colorado Springs many years ago. I could still see myself skating right where she was skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information