U.S. Women [#1]: The Contenders Unmask Themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
Is this the news thread for the 2021-22 season?

ETA the 2021-22 team envelopes and ISP female singles skaters (as of July 12, 2021; criteria is published here):

TEAM A
Bradie Tennell
Karen Chen

TEAM B
Amber Glenn
Alysa Liu
Mariah Bell
Lindsay Thorngren
Audrey Shin
Starr Andrews

TEAM C
Gabriella Izzo
Isabeau Levito
Kanon Smith
Clare Seo

TEAM D
Ava Ziegler
Elsa Cheng
Kate Wang
Jessica Lin
Tamnhi Huynh
("Placements 1st – 2nd in the novice singles sectional rankings in the 2021 U.S. Figure Skating Championship Series"):
Katie Krafchik E-1
Soho Lee P-1
Nicole Park P-2
Cayetana Gonzalez E-2
Rinako Oya M-1
Kaylee Dobson M-2

Not in an envelope but currently listed in the International Selection Pool (15 below, 17 listed above aside from the novices; 32 total):
Gracie Gold
Hanna Harrell
Finley Hawk
Rena Ikenishi
Mia Kalin
Pooja Kalyan
Josephine Lee
Heidi Munger
Emilia Murdock
Maryn Pierce
Paige Rydberg
Violeta Ushakova
Sierra Venetta
Emily Zhang
Adele Zheng

Last edited:

Tahuu

Suggestions for title modifications will be considered. :)
U.S. Women: grow into true women or become strong women or be the women you are destined to be or be strong? we are getting better

Last edited:

gkelly

I couldn't find the schedule for Skate Wilmington but I assume it's today since it's one of the first events on the overall list?

I can't link to a schedule online. But I do know that Skate Wilmington begins with solo dance events for all of Wednesday and much of Thursday, followed by novice, junior, and senior ladies short programs Thursday afternoon and evening.

The event order is reflected more in the parenthetical event numbers than by the order they are listed on the page you linked. I don't know how that page is arranged.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting the Grand Prix assignments for this fall - 5 women have 2 apiece:

Bradie Tennell: Skate America [#1], Cup of China [#3]
Amber Glenn: Skate America [#1], NHK Trophy [#4]
Alysa Liu: Skate Canada [#2], NHK Trophy [#4]
Karen Chen: Skate Canada Int'l [#2] & Internationaux de France [#5]
Mariah Bell: Internationaux de France [#5] & Rostelecom Cup [#6]
Skate America 3rd spot TBD

Copying over from the previous thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/u-s-ladies-30-cover-girls.108059/page-19#post-6019506
Based on the results of the Junior Cup, I would hand out two assignments to Isabeau Levito, Lindsay Thorngren, Clare Seo, Mia Kalin, Josephine Lee, and Kanon Smith. I would hand out one assignment each to Elsa Cheng and Adele Zheng.
Maybe the "old timers" here remember the days when there was lively discussion every summer about which skaters should be assigned to the JGP and who deserved a second assignment? ;)

I think the top 6 Junior Cup finishers (Levito, Kalin, Seo, Thorngren, Lee, Smith) will likely each receive an initial JGP assignment but USFS usually sets specific criteria for a second assignment that is communicated to the skaters and their coaches ahead of time.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
SKATE WILMINGTON SCHEDULE for senior ladies (Gracie G., Rena I., Haley B.)

THURS 7/15
SR LAD SP 8:42- 9:30pm

FRI 7/16
SR LAD FS 8:58- 9:30pm

For reference, the top overall senior ladies US score in summer comps (besides our JGP skaters Isabeau and Lindsay) is Gabriella Izzo with 167. Should be interesting to see how these stack up. I think everyone major outside of the GP and JGP skaters will have competed after this week, besides Audrey Shin who is coming back from an injury I believe. To be fair, Pooja and Hanna have only done SP so far.

Last edited:

DreamSkates

SKATE WILMINGTON SCHEDULE for senior ladies (Gracie G., Rena I., Haley B.)

THURS 7/15
SR LAD SP 8:42- 9:30pm

FRI 7/16
SR LAD FS 8:58- 9:30pm

For reference, the top overall senior ladies US score in summer comps (besides our JGP skaters Isabeau and Lindsay) is Gabriella Izzo with 167. Should be interesting to see how these stack up. I think everyone major outside of the GP and JGP skaters will have competed after this week, besides Audrey Shin who is coming back from an injury I believe. To be fair, Pooja and Hanna have only done SP so far.
Is there a link to online streaming?

Stephanie

Sarah Everhardt appears to be a new addition to the ISP. She's from the Washington FSC and was 13th in novice at the US Championship Series last season.

Lacey

Alyssa Liu was superb.

Following up, her skating has matured in strength with her body growing. Her arms are beautifully expressive and she carries herself so well across the ice.

I am so happy for her, she will be ready to fully compete against the other Senior Ladies this year, not just jump!

I am a huge fan of Karen Chen's, but I thought Alyssa kept up with her at the Peggy Fleming comp, I might have even had Alyssa first!

Last edited:

mtnskater

I too was very impressed with Alysa. She has improved so much in all aspects of her skating. By far she had the most complex program at Peggy Fleming, showing mastery of all the elements and the artistry. Transitions galore, effortless jumping, great spins, and captivating choreography. For that reason, I also would have placed her first. To me she seems a favorite for the Olympic team. Karen is always a standout artistically too, so I can see how it went her way with the maturity and expression. Her spins, particularly the layback are to die for. Isabeau was glorious too in her own right with her Sasha Cohen positions and everything so finished and beautifully expressed. I love The Swan program for her. She may have a little bit of awkwardness with some of her jump takeoffs, but her landing positions are some of the most beautiful I’ve seen in ages. I’m very excited for her future in the sport. Well done ladies/women sweeping the podium!!

Last edited:

Stephanie

Possibly. It is an Olympic year. I will listen to Tchaikovsky's violin concerto any time. Not too many people have used it over the years - Michael Chack comes to mind. Lovely program. It will be interesting to see how her jumps are coming along.
Bebe Liang when she was still competing as a junior internationally :love:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93j0cQNU4uo

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Possibly. It is an Olympic year. I will listen to Tchaikovsky's violin concerto any time. Not too many people have used it over the years - Michael Chack comes to mind. Lovely program. It will be interesting to see how her jumps are coming along.
Joannie Rochette too? Maybe Tchaikovsky Piano - not violin

Last edited:

layman

Alysa Liu performed at the Peggy Fleming Trophy. She/they placed second overall behind Karen Chen and ahead of Isabeau Levito.

Jeremy and Massimo have completely transformed Alysa's skating! I see improvements in every aspect of her skating. Her speed and flow have never been better. Her use of her arms (port de bras) has advanced light years. Her awareness of and use of music seems so much more advanced. Her knowledge and use of her skate blades, the use of the edges, has gone from an intermediate to a senior level (seemingly overnight). The spins seem fast and centered. Her team seem to be paying attention to every detail. All that hard work (from every one involved) is starting to pay off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information