U.S. Pairs 2017 - News & Updates, Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiralgraph

Their teammates, Allison Timlen & Justin Highgate-Brutman (making their senior national debut together), have side-by-side 3F in both programs. They didn't land the jump cleanly at Easterns but here's a nice set done in practice earlier this month: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc47f14F3PF/?taken-by=allisont.justinhb
Also sbs 3T+2T: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc2ypypFK7x/

That gives me a little hope for the future of US pairs. Just a little. Thanks for posting those links. :)

chachacha

When do we start making predictions? I noticed there are only 15 pair teams now, down from 16... hopefully we don't have a litany of withdrawals like last year. I am ready to try to predict 1 all the way down to 15 :D
I don't think theirs much to predict since 1st place will be Alexa and Chris even if they fall or show up doing double jumps lol the only thing to predict is how many US teams at this nationals will actually be skating together next season or retiring

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Thanks for the preview!

Re: The Knierims possibly bringing the 4Tw back for Nats... Looks very promising
https://twitter.com/Scimeca_Knierim/status/946902009784942592

She rotates so fast that from a distance, it almost looks like an easy double :wideeyes:

THANK you for posting!!!

I was just thinking about this quad yesterday when I was posting my USA pair "rant." LOL

I was thinking I don't even want to hear about this quad if they are not gonna do it. I also didn't want to see them unveil it at the Olys without putting it out somewhere else first... and there is only one option then.... Nats. Because I feel it would only get -GOE until it gets rust out of it.

@Sylvia posted vids of Chris doing clean triple jumps just days after returning from SkAm. Anyone know if he is keeping that up????? That is whats on my mind as well....

pairskatingfan

I don't think theirs much to predict since 1st place will be Alexa and Chris even if they fall or show up doing double jumps lol the only thing to predict is how many US teams at this nationals will actually be skating together next season or retiring

That is silly, there are other placements than 1st place and there is more than one spot for the world team.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Well...hmmmmm...

The practice session didn't look promising...... for anyone.

Maybe except for Cain & LeDuc. Except her jump look painful or forced or slow. Cant tell.

Still haven't seen video for D&F nor C&T

And why didn't anyone warn me there was gonna be a POTO in this.... For real????? Ugggggg I was counting on you all. LOL. Claire?

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I thought Tarah and Danny had a good practice. I loved their POTO. :)

D/F and C/T weren't there. Neither were P/S or F/S.

They were the only team I saw that took out all the major elements. Since they've been gone for a year made me nervous that they didnt practice the twist, throw or jumps..... so, yeah, there's that.

Also he had a stumble on basic piece of footwork or something.

POTO? uggg what hip young things like them pick or agree to that? I could be her Dad and I would even say "Pass." lol

They went from "Take Me To Church" to this old fashioned grandma piece? meh.

Thank goodness for Starr and her Beyonce version of Fever. And I dont even like Bey. But its something I haven't heard 5,000,000 times.

I guess I just dont understand or get athletes or artists that just want to play it safe. I am a risk taker 100%. So to see someone think outside the box and go with POTO, I'm like, "girl, really?" Oy I need my Michelle Kwan.

(I just reread my post. I think cranky ANL is coming out tonight. LOL.. well its US Pairs, and thats the thing these days that makes me a grump. lol)

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
If the video was just of their run-through, that's not really a sufficient look at their practice. Since they were first in the music order they didn't have time to warm up most of their elements (most teams that go first don't do full run-throughs). Outside of the run-through, they landed very nice SBS 3S and a good 2A-2A sequence plus both the throw Lutz and the throw Sal.

The POTO music sounded great in the arena, and the choreography really suits their great connection. I'll take POTO over any version of Fever. :p

jdonavan

They were the only team I saw that took out all the major elements. Since they've been gone for a year made me nervous that they didnt practice the twist, throw or jumps..... so, yeah, there's that.

Also he had a stumble on basic piece of footwork or something.

POTO? uggg what hip young things like them pick or agree to that? I could be her Dad and I would even say "Pass." lol

They went from "Take Me To Church" to this old fashioned grandma piece? meh.

Thank goodness for Starr and her Beyonce version of Fever. And I dont even like Bey. But its something I haven't heard 5,000,000 times.

I guess I just dont understand or get athletes or artists that just want to play it safe. I am a risk taker 100%. So to see someone think outside the box and go with POTO, I'm like, "girl, really?" Oy I need my Michelle Kwan.

(I just reread my post. I think cranky ANL is coming out tonight. LOL.. well its US Pairs, and thats the thing these days that makes me a grump. lol)

Yes a bit cranky. I saw solid jumps, throws and great lifts with improved twist. Program was nice. Music overused? Yeah, but when has skating not gone that direction in an Olympic year? PS: Alexa and Chris did not perform twist or jumps in their run thru. It is common to leave out elements in practice.

Last edited:

Cleo1782

Yes a bit cranky. I saw solid jumps, throws and great lifts with improved twist. Program was nice. Music overused? Yeah, but when has skating not gone that direction in an Olympic year? PS: Alexa and Chris did not perform twist or jumps in their run thru. It is common to leave out elements in practice.

Agree. I loved Danny and Tarah's take me to church, but I think K/O have far and away the best pair programs this season. If there is actual quality involved the overused music doesn't bother me. Despite their injuries I think they are easily the best pair in the nation. Much better than Alexa and Chris. They just haven't had enough time to recover yet.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Oh no Knierims did jumps and it was a disaster. (They did everything except the twist)

Maybe we saw different practices or videos because the only thing I saw K&O do was the skeleton of the program with one transition (the one that precedes the throw). Otherwise meh.

One thing (nitpicking but maybe not) thats always bothering me about Tarah is that bent knee throughout most everything. She isn't capable of achieving a line (say the was Tim and Ashley can achieve a line) and her bent leg is always distracting at least for me.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Refresh my drink... how did Knierims draw second????

I thought rule was the top whatever from last years Nationals were secure for the last 2 groups.

Oh wait a second... they weren't at last years Nats......

is this why??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information