Tonya Harding coming on The Food Network’s “Worst Cooks in America: Celebrity Edition”

LarrySK8

Don't compare her to Brian Boitano.

Actually, in terms of jumping, we could compare their double axels, triple axels, triple lutz, triple flips, triple loops, triple toe loops and triple salcows.

I would say that Tonya had a better triple loop than Boitano, and her triple toe loop and triple salcow were comparable to Boitano. When she was on, her triple lutz may have rivalled Boitano's. Boitano had a better triple flip.

Both had comparable double axels. Boitano, of course, had a much better triple axel than Harding.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Honestly, I can't believe people are still persnickety over her.

Personally, I think she deserves recognition for doing her part to make skating more popular back in 1994, and again now. :p

skatesindreams

Actually, in terms of jumping, we could compare their double axels, triple axels, triple lutz, triple flips, triple loops, triple toe loops and triple salcows.

I would say that Tonya had a better triple loop than Boitano, and her triple toe loop and triple salcow were comparable to Boitano. When she was on, her triple lutz may have rivalled Boitano's. Boitano had a better triple flip.

Both had comparable double axels. Boitano, of course, had a much better triple axel than Harding.

All of this has nothing to do with their appearance on the Food Network!

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
This is the biggest tradegy on the Food Channel since Tragay won Next food star, I will continue my boy-cot of the station and may protest outside the wal-mart if any TV there is showing this woman who should of been thrown in the slammer many many year's ago.

It is sick what this country has become, food that is so awful, what we is Americans do to meat is shameful. Obeseness everywhere, taste-less sausage, people are forced to gain weight and not even know it. This is the culture of Tonia, the horrible US diet of sweet breads and fat causing every thing.

Tonight my wife Bonnie and me will make a super low fat chicken breast suprise in the crock pot and talk about how to fight back against Tonia and food channel.

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
Anything to extend her 15 minutes...but then again, she totally fits in with the fabulous A-list group that have been on the show previously.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I just noticed this thread for the first time. I'm sorry and please forgive me, but it made me profusely laugh when I saw the title. She has a son and husband, and I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't eat out all the time. So now she supposedly can't cook worth a damn? I've seen this show on several occasions, and there were plenty of celebrities and non-celebrities that couldn't even fry an egg or know how to crack open an egg much less boil water.

Okay, I'm going to watch just to be entertained! :rofl:

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
She's had 25 years of fame,dear.

Are you referring to Miss Harding,or your feelings after a weekend with the boys at 'that' bathhouse?

-BB
MISS Harding!?! That gal has been rode harder then the prize hog at the Sturgiss Rally. If she is a lady, next thing you will be saying Meredith BaxterBurny is straight. So sad after I spent year's watching her on Family Ties, what a show!

I wonder if the men who host the show will let Tonia use a crock pot because her whole "career" has been nothin but crock from day one.

Erin

Banned Member
MISS Harding!?! That gal has been rode harder then the prize hog at the Sturgiss Rally. If she is a lady, next thing you will be saying Meredith BaxterBurny is straight. So sad after I spent year's watching her on Family Ties, what a show!

Were you even born when Family Ties was on?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I just noticed this thread for the first time. I'm sorry and please forgive me, but it made me profusely laugh when I saw the title. She has a son and husband, and I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't eat out all the time. So now she supposedly can't cook worth a damn? I've seen this show on several occasions, and there were plenty of celebrities and non-celebrities that couldn't even fry an egg or know how to crack open an egg much less boil water.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I would guess that a lot of celebrities have chefs, so a celebrity not knowing how to cook doesn't seem like a big hook for a show. And if a C- or D-list celebrity can't afford a chef (as would seem very likely), then they'd better know how to cook so that they don't starve.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
Were you even born when Family Ties was on?
I grew up in a home with no TV, so I did not get to enjoy the classics like Designing Woman, Nurse's, and ect. until I was older. We have the DVD set for Family Tie's, actually we had to get a new addition because I watched the episode where Micheal J. Foxx was trying out for the swimming team so many times that, the DVD perished.

That age of TV shows was the golden times, not like Ellen and Will and Grace the shows that featured perversion setting up Tonia's hayday which should of never happened.

I wish that this Worst Cook show had casted John Claude Van Damn instead of Tonia, seeing him coming on Food Network would be awesome, my wife does not agree.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Brenda_Bottems said:
Are you referring to Miss Harding,or your feelings after a weekend with the boys at 'that' bathhouse?

-BB
Not that I'm Catholic mind you because I'm actually Baptist. BUTT if Tonya is Miss Harding, then I'm Saint Angie and Clippy can be referred to as Pope Clippy. :summer: :inavoid:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I grew up in a home with no TV, so I did not get to enjoy the classics like Designing Woman, Nurse's, and ect.

I thought I was the only person who remembered "Nurses" from the early 90s. :eek: That used to be my show back in the day! Saturday nights on NBC, back in the day, you had Golden Girls--Empty Nest--Nurses.

I guess it kind of feels right that you, out of everyone on FSU, would drop a "Nurses" reference. :40beers: (by the way, pretend those are wine coolers, not beers).

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
I thought I was the only person who remembered "Nurses" from the early 90s. :eek: That used to be my show back in the day! Saturday nights on NBC, back in the day, you had Golden Girls--Empty Nest--Nurses.
I guess it kind of feels right that you, out of everyone on FSU, would drop a "Nurses" reference. :40beers: (by the way, pretend those are wine coolers, not beers).
Those are not all program's I followed but one thing I can say for sure is that if Craig T Nelson was involved count me in! Even that movie Troupe Beverly Hills was a hoot, so many rememberable songs.

No I wasn't, but they did miss you that weekend, dahling...
I think that Brenda was asking that question to me not you, could be wrong though. It is nice to see you making jokes, funny. I do wonder on topic though, are you exited about Tonia being on Food TV? I am upset, it is awful and my wife and me will boy-cot.

Erin

Banned Member
I grew up in a home with no TV

That must have been very depriving for you, especially since you also must have missed a lot of TV while you were in the navy, but how fortunate for us that you have caught up on TV and now have access to watch so many shows and skating along with Bonnie. I'm a little surprised Bonnie doesn't like Ellen though.

No I wasn't, but they did miss you that weekend, dahling...

I believe the delightful Ms. Bottems was asking that question to someone on your ignore list

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
That must have been very depriving for you, especially since you also must have missed a lot of TV while you were in the navy, but how fortunate for us that you have caught up on TV and now have access to watch so many shows and skating along with Bonnie. I'm a little surprised Bonnie doesn't like Ellen though.

I believe the delightful Ms. Bottems was asking that question to someone on your ignore list

You're right - thanks. It only showed up as her commenting on my comment.

LarrySK8

Not that I'm Catholic mind you because I'm actually Baptist. BUTT if Tonya is Miss Harding, then I'm Saint Angie and Clippy can be referred to as Pope Clippy. :summer::inavoid:

I have seen this with actresses and others who need their name recognition for their careers. Couldn't "Miss Harding" be her stage name? Otherwise, isn't she Mrs Tonya Harding Gillooly Price?

Inessence

I have seen this with actresses and others who need their name recognition for their careers. Couldn't "Miss Harding" be her stage name? Otherwise, isn't she Mrs Tonya Harding Gillooly Price?

You forgot Smith, between Gillooly and Price. Guy she was married to on a yacht in 1995 for about 5 minutes.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
ETA: Sorry, dahling, didn't realize this wasn't meant for me!!!!

No worries, dahling! On a related note,many people have compared my looks to Mariah Carey,only more demure and mature.

I believe the delightful Ms. Bottems

I'm flattered,thank you. But I'm a "Miss".

Those are not all program's I followed but one thing I can say for sure is that if Craig T Nelson was involved count me in!

Indeed. I have been in a position or two the past month where I certainly could have benefited from a little "coaching" from Craig T Nelson,if you know what I mean.

I have seen this

How can you see anything with that preposterous eyelash fetish of yours?

-BB

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information