Tinami Amori

Scott512

i posted about this in sekret sources yesterday.

Lets just say , she rescued fsu from the jerk of my ex husband for me and also helped Anon with a lot of members vet bills.

I have been ugly crying for two days. It’s like losing my mother again.
What happened? I am so sorry to hear this and on your loss Sharpie. So you were the one she mention to me in a message a while back about her great friend on this board who runs the place. I did not know who that person was but I'm glad she had you and you had her and you helped each other.

I guess I started posting on message boards around 2000 and it was turn as from like 2000 to 2014 and figure skating took over for me all message boards really one message board at that time when they 2014 Russian Winter Olympics were taking place and Yulia and Adelina were all the rage and Plushenko was making his big comeback at home in the Winter Olympics in Sochi.

I received messages from TA between January and March. The messages came fast and furious for a couple months but it turned out to be a very fruitful relationship for me. I joined this board because golden skate was down when Zhenya went back to EG. I just had to read what people were saying because it was such a shocking coaching move. I thought TA was a very harsh on Zhenya and Aliona. I think I questioned her in one of the threads about not liking AK and then she sent me the 1st message about that and went over why so I could understand her perspective. And we did the same thing without Zhenya and she explained how she used to love Zhenya and then the coaching move that shocked the world changed everything. She really explained a lot to me about her thoughts on figure skating and especially Russian figure skating and her upbringing in Russia and her living in California and world travels. We also shared many messages about Putin and Trump and about what was going on in the world. We disagreed some and agreed on many things..

TA was nothing like her board persona with me. Maybe she sensed kindness in me but we got along fine and she was kind of an educator for me. Even down to what movies I should watch online. ;)

I am super sad about this news but I was worried that something was wrong and I figured it was her mother that passed on because I did not hear from Tinami since March 20th. TA told me a couple months ago that her mother had been vaccinated and that she herself was waiting to be vaccinated I think.

Sometimes I wish I had never joined any internet forum in the last 20 years. After posting on the internet on different forums for about 20 years this is the worst news I've ever come across from a fellow member. I sometimes wish I had never found any of these forums. News like this about TA makes me wish that.

A child no matter their age should never pre decease a parent. I am so sorry for the mother of Tinami. I wish I could give that woman a Mother's Day hug. I will be spending Mother's Day with my mother. It means alot to me. Especially since her health is not good.

I am so sorry for your loss Sharpie.

Vagabond

Also because I'm new to this board and I only communicated with her for a couple months what did her board name Tinami Amori mean or stand for?
As she once explained on this board, "Tinami" was an anagram of her surname, and "Amori" was an unintentional misspelling of "Aomori," which is the name of a city and a prefecture in Japan. That is, by the way, how I came to be certain that I had known her.

Scott512

As she once explained on this board, "Tinami" was an anagram of her surname, and "Amori" was an unintentional misspelling of "Aomori," which is the name of a city and a prefecture in Japan. That is, by the way, how I came to be certain that I had known her.
That is amazing and thank you for the info. I wish I got to know her online for years not just a couple months. I would have at some point loved to discuss her world travels with her more than I did.

Badams

This makes me so sad. I often didn't agree with her, but I always appreciated her spunk. And her absolute love for animals and giving nature. She may have been on a different wavelength than a lot of us here, but she had a good heart. May she rest in peace.

Sylvia

TBD
I like seeing someone in our little world so lauded and loved. I wish she could see this. Maybe there should be a best of Tinami thread.
Many of Tinami's "classic" posts are in the Archives/Premium Members Area (it's up to @SHARPIE to decide if any of them can be quoted/copied into the public part of the forum?).

Skibean

So sorry to hear of this. While I admit I found some of her posts about the young girls alarming, she was a true skating fan and passionate about her opinions. She sounds like a wonderful caring person. I wondered why she wasn’t posting after Worlds. She would’ve loved that Russian sweep. Definitely a loss for this board, but someone unforgettable in so many ways.

Maximillian

RIP TA
Sorry, I somehow missed this when it occurred. She was one of the 'good ones'. I am really gutted, I so loved what she brought to this board, even though half the time I didn't agree with her. I loved that she had no effs to give! This is a HUGE loss to the FSU community. I will miss her a lot! May she rest in peace.

Quintuple

papillon d'amour
I haven't logged on in a long time, and I'm very sad to hear this news. Tinami was one of my very favorite posters. I loved what she had to say about art and culture, and I did enjoy her stimulating debate. I remember for a while wondering at some SF arts events and museums whether we were in the room at the same time thinking similarly critical things. Rest in power, Tinami.

karmena

The same here, I am not here frequently at all and found these sad news only last night :-(

It was Tinami's education level, overall knowledge level which immediately stood out for me when I first time visited FS. (IMHO the education level always is so perceivable even if we do not have any intention to display it ( ha! the same for my poor English with limited vocabulary here!). Yes, of course, most of the time if not all the time I disagreed with her posts but I am grateful for being here and reading her posts.Thank you, Tinami.

layman

I am deeply shocked by this news. I started to become worried when I stopped seeing Tinami's posts sometime towards the end of February and I thought it strange that she did not post about Worlds 2021, but then I thought that she may be travelling (and unable to post).

Tinami and I had been frequent Figure Skating sparring partners for the past twenty years (on this and other forums). It was a Siskel & Ebert type relationship. We never agreed on anything, but I respected her opinions and I think that she respected mine. She will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information