Tinami Amori

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
She was a character -- and she had a kind and generous heart. She could fight with you one minute and offer you help and encouragement the next. She was one of a kind. R.I.P., Tinami.

@SHARPIE, would you let us know if she had a favorite charity we could donate to?

Sylvia

TBD
Oh my goodness - I wondered not long ago why I hadn't seen her in awhile.
I was wondering why she hadn't posted since right before Worlds started :( ... especially after the Russian ladies swept the podium. Her links to current news/photos/clips will definitely be missed in the Russian (and many other) skating threads.

Tinami provided invaluable, in-depth travel advice here for countless cities and places around the world -- I once stayed at a very cozy hotel in the museum quarter of Amsterdam, thanks to her suggestion over a decade ago.

I will miss her presence here a LOT. :encore:

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
i posted about this in sekret sources yesterday.

Lets just say , she rescued fsu from the jerk of my ex husband for me and also helped Anon with a lot of members vet bills.

I have been ugly crying for two days. It’s like losing my mother again.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Given her love for animals, what about a donation to an animal rescue or shelter?
She was a donor to the San Francisco SPCA.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
RIP, I will always remember when I posted a thread asking for votes in an online contest for an animal shelter for senior dogs where a friend volunteered. The prize was a number of dog beds. She sent me a note saying she'd be happy to send dog beds if the dogs needed anything. Such a generous gesture and she didn't know me at all.

Last edited:

Immortelle

Rejected by Krasnopolski
I haven’t been here that long but I’m already missing Tinami’s insights into the Eteri/Plushy soap opera!
Good on her for keeping it real, even though I didn’t always agree with her, she was intelligent enough to stay off my ignore list 😉

вечная память.

Spun Silver

Oh gosh, I'm seeing this for the first time. What a loss for the board. She was a woman of style and substance - and quite unpredictable and maddening. I remember one time when she asked for advice on a family matter and then replied firmly to each suggestion to say we got it all wrong. :) I found her to be somewhat unscrupulous in argument at times, but more important than that, I respected the heck out of her for having the guts to stand up for her political (and skating) views amid a hostile crowd (who actually may also have respected her for that, to a degree). I wish I had a tenth of her intestinal fortitude in that regard. She seemed so comfortable in her skin - she didn't seem to know what ambivalence, uncertainty or meekness were.:biggrinbo I'm touched to hear about her secret kindness to other FSU members. If she made such a difference here, I can hardly imagine the impact she must have made on many others we don't know. One of a kind. R.I.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information