This or That - Round 42

ilovepaydays

ilovepaydays

YES - BUT! I wouldn't rule out him coming back in 2019-2020 and doing the 200m & 4X100 relay. It depends on what the international field looks like.

The 100m is really iffy - here's what Bolt did at the Racers Grand Prix yesterday. There are at least a half dozen men in the United States alone who have been that time. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't even medal in the 100m at Worlds in August.

Speaking of track & field......the IOC ruled this week that a mixed gender 4X400 relay should be added to the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.

Your reaction:
YES! One more gold medal for the U.S! :cheer:
or
NO - They should have added _________. (My vote is the half marathon. I also think they should take the 10K off the track and make it a road race instead.)

ilovepaydays

Justice League!
-----------------------------------------
YES! One more gold medal for Jamaica! :p

BOOOOOO!
-----------------------------------------

Going back to the earlier article I posted, Swimming also gained men’s 800m and women’s 1500m freestyle races.

Will Kate Ledecky attempt a Michael Phelps type of medal attempt in 2020? The events she could go for (as of right now) could be among:
  1. 100m Free
  2. 200m Free
  3. 400m Free
  4. 800m Free
  5. 1500m Free
  6. 400m IM (she actually had pretty good times in this last year)
  7. 4X100m Free Relay
  8. 4X200m Free Relay
  9. 4X100m Medley Relay
YES
or
NO

ilovepaydays

YES - but I don't think that Reza's show would have lasted much longer, anyway.

Today, my state (Virginia) is having it's primary elections for state wide races this fall. I believe New Jersey is also having primaries today as well.

Pick a preferred general election matchup. Any one of these four outcomes are likely - but it will get UGLY. :eek:

Tom Perriello/Ed Gillespie
or
Tom Perriello/Corey Stewart
or
Ralph Northam/Ed Gillespie
or
Ralph Northam/Corey Stewart

Last edited:

ilovepaydays

YES

-------------------------------------------------
Tom Perriello/Ed Gillespie

UPDATE: It will be Ralph Northam/Ed Gillespie. Northam's margin was a bit surprising.
--------------------------------------------------

Megyn Kelly is facing repercussions following her interview with Sandy Hook hoaxer Alex Jones. Sandy Hook Promise, a leading gun violence prevention organization, said that the NBC host will no longer emcee the organization’s annual fundraiser.

Is that a fair reaction to Kelly doing the Alex Jones interview?

YES
or
NO

ilovepaydays

Firebird

After winning this season's NBA title, the Golden State Warriors reportedly decided to skip the customary White House visit. Agree?

YES - It's not mandatory. Besides, these sports team's White House visits are so stupid. Sports are supposed to be apolitical.
or
YES - It's understandable - these athletes shouldn't have to go through a visit if they feel that strongly against the President.
or
NO - They should suck it up and go to the White House anyway. It's not like every single member of these sports teams approved of Obama from 2009-2016 or Bush-43 from 2001-2008.
or
NO - BOOOO! MAGA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information