"The Walking Dead": Any fans here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Ah, well. We knew somebody had to be eaten and it wouldn't be Carl or Rick and fans would revolt if it were Carol or Daryl, so that left all the others. I thought Bob might have been bitten also and that was why he was crying before getting clunked on the head.

Was Carol going to leave by herself before Daryl came out?

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
It did look like Carol was ready to take off by herself, until Daryl showed up.

When the time comes, I'm waiting for Carol to make the first move on Daryl. She'll push him to the ground, strip him and say "CLAIMED". He won't resist.

TEAM CAROL!!!!

I'm hoping that too!

Marco

Why would Carol leave?

The Father most likely locked everyone out of church and that's why he had enough food to last him that long.

Japanfan

Why would Carol leave?

My sense was that she just uncomfortable being back in the group and still trying to reconcile herself with what she did at the prison and even more so, having to kill the girl who became zombie friendly. And she's has been on her own a long time and just pulled off a major but horrific rescue effort.

This was indicated by her reluctance to talk to Daryl. She needs to talk about these experiences and work them out.

The fact that Daryl went after her is ultimately going to help her heal, I think.

Marco

I think Daryl will literally open her up. *heehee*

The people within the group who are most likely to oppose to her killing humans would be Rick and Tyrese, and they are both already OK with it and experienced killing people themselves. I think everyone else would understand that she did what she had to do.

Anyways, turns out Rick was right that they should have gotten their weapons, gone back and finished off killing the rest of the Terminus gang.

Not sure if Bob was bitten before he was caught by the remaining Terminus gang, but remember Hershel was also bitten and Rick cut off his leg to save him. So if Bob was bitten on that leg, the Terminus gang likely saved him. Not sure what would happen though now that they ate the supposedly tainted meat. Does cooking it help? Carol smeared walkers blood onto herself too and didn't get infected. So who knows.

Last edited:

snoopy

But everybody is already infected, which is why they all turn no matter how they die (other than a head crush). I guess eating bitten meat might mean they die quicker if we go with the theory zombie meat has some type of venom in it or something.

Marco

But everybody is already infected, which is why they all turn no matter how they die (other than a head crush). I guess eating bitten meat might mean they die quicker if we go with the theory zombie meat has some type of venom in it or something.

That's the question - does eating tainted meat make someone turn/ die immediately? If not, then there's a very good supply of food for Rick's group. :shuffle:

BigB08822

My guesses are that Bob was bitten. Something was clearly off with him and there seemed to be an obvious limp. Then he started crying standing outside. I think the Terminus people are eating his infected meat. Not sure how that will play out, maybe cooking the meat kills the virus? I think the priest was working with the Terminus people. He said he never killed anyone but I think he was luring people to the Church and handing them over to those at Terminus. This kept his hands clean and in turn they may have protected him from the zombies. I also assume the woman zombie who came after him in the water was the same woman we saw with him in the picture. His wife?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'm tainted meat! :kickass: Rick.

They were going to eat Judith. I'd have done what Rick did.

ETA. PL's favorite is back next week!

Last edited:

snoopy

The first half was awesome. But they wrapped up the cannibals so quickly, it was a little anti-climatic.

On another note.......Why haven't we seen any fat zombies? Where do all the large dead people go?

PeterG

I just had a binge week of Walking Dead, saw all of season four and the first two episodes of this season. I think the story of Gabriel (the priest) is that many people arrived at the church, desperately needed help...and he ignored each and every one of them out of fear. He is haunted by this and that's what makes him seem strange to the others. He wants/needs forgiveness, which I think is true for Carol as well. But with Carol, everyone is saying, "it's okay...let's not talk about it". Carol can only move on if they DO talk about it. So Carol is stuck, similar to how Gabriel is stuck. :(

And I have to agree with the earlier post where someone agreed with Rick that they should kill off everyone at Terminus. When a group of people are about to brutally murder you and your group...and you know they have done that to numerous people before you - eliminate the threat. They're going to want revenge. Take them out. Well...at least we have Gareth and Martin around to terrorize us (and our gang) for who knows how many episodes... P.S. They should have learned from the Govenor that you can't leave threats around to come back and attack you later on.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
I hope Beth survives. Carol, Daryl, Michonne and Beth are my favorite characters.

It bothers me a bit that Maggie isn't very concerned about finding her. It's like she forgot she had a sister who could still be alive.

PeterG

Is it true that you can't go back?

When the group was swarmed by zombies at the farm, I remember thinking, "why not go back once the zombies all move on"? I'm thinking the same thing about the prison. Tara should be able to confirm if anyone from her group remained (I assume they were all attacked by zombies). The fences were only damaged in one spot and could be fixed or replaced. Even Terminus was surrounded by fence, couldn't that place have been fixed up? Maybe wait out the after effects of the explosion for however long necessary. There's already signage up about Terminus, new people will take it over at some point anyway. I know for story purposes the writer's keep the group moving, but if I was in the situation, I would just pick a remote house and focus on growing food and leaving it at that.

halffull

Life is a beautiful thing
I agree PeterG, it must be to keep the storyline interesting. They really should go back to the prison. They already had a garden going and knew how to keep the place relatively safe. I'd stop at Terminus on my way and check out their gardens because they looked well established there. I was shocked to see Glen and Maggie left their "family" so easily. Can't wait to see who's in the dark woods with Daryl because I'm sure it's not Carol.

snoopy

It's Beth in the woods with Daryl, no? that is what I thought the previews meant.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I think it's the guy from the first episode. I forget his name. I though the previews indicated Daryl telling them what they saw and they're all going to mount an expedition to Atlanta. But, with this show, you never know. I do know there is a bigger bad guy than Gareth out there and I think we're moving toward them.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Well I tried to watch it as so many friends an family are big fans .. So I dvr'd the episodes this season so far an tried to watch earlier seasons on Netflix but I couldn't do it.. I found it too gross an disturbing so ended up having to spend half the show turning my head.. My adult daughter did try to warn me I wouldn't be able to watch it lol.. Enjoy folks!!

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
So Bob's death made me cry. Dammit.

I fear that next week will be a Beth-heavy episode, which means some terrible acting is on its way! :yikes:

I don't think Daryl has Beth at this point, because that seems like an awful fast way to bust her out of a hospital that appears to be near Atlanta. Of course, I have no idea where they actually are.

So the group is split up. Does no one use walkie-talkies? I mean, I know they don't have a huge range, but it would help find each other when they are close by.

Also, I'm glad the dick-waving contest between Abraham and Rick ended quickly, because those got really tiring when they were Rick/Shane.

Marco

Is it true that you can't go back?

When the group was swarmed by zombies at the farm, I remember thinking, "why not go back once the zombies all move on"? I'm thinking the same thing about the prison. Tara should be able to confirm if anyone from her group remained (I assume they were all attacked by zombies). The fences were only damaged in one spot and could be fixed or replaced. Even Terminus was surrounded by fence, couldn't that place have been fixed up? Maybe wait out the after effects of the explosion for however long necessary. There's already signage up about Terminus, new people will take it over at some point anyway. I know for story purposes the writer's keep the group moving, but if I was in the situation, I would just pick a remote house and focus on growing food and leaving it at that.

Prison: they would eventually run out of supplies that they can scavenge around the prison (how did they not run out of gas already anyway?). They could only grow so much food. Weren't there some sort of explosion during the governors' attack? Perhaps the shelter was damaged enough to not be safe.

Terminus: well, they have to learn from Gareth's lesson. When you stay at a highly proclamined safe haven with welcoming signs all over, you run the risk of bad people coming after it and threatening the group in the process.

And I don't think the group is ready to give up and stay at the same place for good yet. After the lesson of the prison, they will probably stop being complacent and want to keep looking for the final safe haven.

Japanfan

I agree with Peter G. that the prison could have been salvaged.

And are we to think that Gabriel locked his wife out of the church as well?

A large number of people could have easily broken into the church. It's one of those convenient details that the writers often overlook (gun's seemingly endless capacity of ammo often comes to mind, as well.) So, it's to their credit that I eagerly anticipate each new episode.

Re Beth's acting: I agree, but though the guy who played Bob was also not the best actor in the series.

PeterG

A large number of people could have easily broken into the church. It's one of those convenient details that the writers often overlook (gun's seemingly endless capacity of ammo often comes to mind, as well.) So, it's to their credit that I eagerly anticipate each new episode.

Yes, in the same episode, Gabriel wept about the number of people who died not being able to get into the church and then that evening Gareth and his gang got into the church in a matter of seconds. :lol:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Yes, in the same episode, Gabriel wept about the number of people who died not being able to get into the church and then that evening Gareth and his gang got into the church in a matter of seconds. :lol:
They also left the door open for Gareth and crew. :p

all_empty

I didn't think Lawrence Gilliard was a bad actor, his character was undeveloped.

Once Bob started having all those lines in episode 2 of this season, I knew his time was short. He basically was Dale/Hershel part 2 with all his optimism.

I'm just bummed because we'll never find out what was in his box!

Also, anyone else notice that Gareth's final speech was very similar to the one Rick gave to the Governor before Hershel was killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information