The Voice - Fall 2015

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
I originally felt bad they were cutting 5 people, but so far, I'm not sure I'll find even 4 that I think should go to the finals (including Ellie Goulding)

rjblue

Having a great day!
Jeffrey was a little boring,but his vocals were perfect. I hope he goes through. No one else (including Ellie Goulding and Zach) though.

shan

My sister came in time to see the end of Ellie Goulding and wanted to know who the business person singing was. :rofl:

I agree that Jeffrey sounded good but was boring. But I admit that I haven't been able to get into him as much as others have.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Adam's comments for some of the contestants are so funny - "Everyone on the show has really improved this season and so have you".

flyingsit

I agree that Jeffery is an excellent singer who bores me to tears. Everything is slow and sad.

Allskate

It's been a done deal for a long time that Jordan will win, and I'm sure the other contestants know that but think it's really important that they make the finale.

Emily Ann, Amy, and Jordan (of course) closed the show, and I think they'll make the finale. (Personally, I wouldn't care if any of them missed the finale, though I do think that Jordan deserves to be there and had one of his best performances tonight.). Did Amy miss some of her lyrics or was she just deliberately mumbling/hummingat one point? (BTW, Adam, I'm pretty sure Norah Jones never recorded "To Make You Feel My Love." Maybe he was thinking of Adele's version?)

I thought Barrett would make the finale, but he went early and I think that was one of his weakest performances. So, unless Blake's fans and country fans come through for him with the twitter save, he might be gone.

I thought this was one of Jeffery's weaker performances, too, but I still preferred him to most of the contestants. Based on the quality of his singing, I think he deserves to be in the finale, but I'm not sure that will happen.

I think Madi is absolutely wonderful. She's creative, has beautiful tone and phrasing, and definitely does not bore me or pander or just rely on power to emote. I'd really love to see her make the finale, but I don't think that's going to happen.

I think Shelby will be bottom three. I thought for sure Braiden would be bottom three, too, but he sang a religious song and is now going to be getting tons of votes, so who knows.

I know that Zach has Blake fan support and has a different kind of fan base and a lot of his fans probably tweet, but I can't see him making it through to the finale.

Sally1214

5 are going home tomorrow night. My guess for the 4 that make it to the finale are Jordan, Emily Ann, Madi and Zach. But, then again, Blake's fans have to split their votes to get 2 of his contestants in the finale, so maybe Jeffrey will be in instead of Zach. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Jeffrey make it (and Zach not) because then each judge would have 1 contestant in the finale. We'll see ....

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Tonight 3 will be sent home immediately, 3 will advance, & 3 will sing-off for twitter save. I predict:

going home: Braiden was in the bottom last week so I doubt one week of iTunes sales will pull him up all that much. (His sales flabbergast me - I know religious songs sell but I thought you need to sing them well for that to happen. Apparently not.) Those sales could land him in the sing-off but I doubt he could win it.

Earlier Barrett had some momentum but his last 2 weeks have been weak & he really blew it last night as well as going 1st.

Shelby has been one of my favorites & I think she had her best performance last night but clearly not enough people share my opinion since her iTunes are the lowest of the 9.

top 3: I think their accumulated iTunes sales will give Jordan & Jeffrey a lock on the finale. Madi & Emily Ann have charted all season so I think 1 will move on with the other winning the sing-off.

sing-off: Madi or Emily Ann (twitter winner), Zach, Amy

I hope I'm right, mostly because that will give every coach one singer, which makes the finale more fun IMO.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
In a week with slim pickings for new song releases from established artists, everyone on The Voice is in the Top 10.

Allskate

In a week with slim pickings for new song releases from established artists, everyone on The Voice is in the Top 10.

I suspect that some of them won't get the top ten multiplier. Song downloads don't count if they were downloaded before the end of the show. A lot of the downloads for some of the earlier singers happened before the show ended. So, singers like Barrett, Jeffery, and Braiden might not really be in the top ten. But, it may be that, with the exception of Jordan, they are all close enough in ITunes sales that the other votes are really going to determine the winner. So, I will be very surprised if Blake doesn't have someone in the top regardless of how they are currently ranked in ITunes sales. And Braiden might escape the bottom three.

top 3: I think their accumulated iTunes sales will give Jordan & Jeffrey a lock on the finale. Madi & Emily Ann have charted all season so I think 1 will move on with the other winning the sing-off.

I thought that accumulated votes count only for determining who wins the finale?

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Who really knows the rules from season to season? It seems like they change every year.

Freespirit

Tonight 3 will be sent home immediately, 3 will advance, & 3 will sing-off for twitter save. I predict:

going home: Braiden was in the bottom last week so I doubt one week of iTunes sales will pull him up all that much. (His sales flabbergast me - I know religious songs sell but I thought you need to sing them well for that to happen. Apparently not.) Those sales could land him in the sing-off but I doubt he could win it.

Earlier Barrett had some momentum but his last 2 weeks have been weak & he really blew it last night as well as going 1st.

Shelby has been one of my favorites & I think she had her best performance last night but clearly not enough people share my opinion since her iTunes are the lowest of the 9.

sing-off: Madi or Emily Ann (twitter winner), Zach, Amy

I hope I'm right, mostly because that will give every coach one singer, which makes the finale more fun IMO.
Those are my top four as well. Not a Jordan fan but he hit a home run last night! He's no Freddy Mercury but he can sing!

Freespirit

I have to say, WTF was up with Gwen's look? It was like Dances with Wolves and Game of Thrones had a baby. At least half the time she looks completely ridiculous, but this may have been the worst outfit on TV since Gaga's meat dress.
I agree! Thought she was auditioning for "Vikings". Guess she has to keep up her rocker chick look now and then!

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I have to say, WTF was up with Gwen's look? It was like Dances with Wolves and Game of Thrones had a baby. At least half the time she looks completely ridiculous, but this may have been the worst outfit on TV since Gaga's meat dress.

Pocahontas was my uncharitable description.

I have to say I was only paying half attention last night but the only two I remember are Jordan and Madi, FWIW.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
Pocahontas was my uncharitable description.

I have to say I was only paying half attention last night but the only two I remember are Jordan and Madi, FWIW.
I remember most of them, although there were some very unmemorable performances from several. I thought the song choices were really poor for a couple. I like Jeffery, but really, a Cher cover?!? I didn't think it did him any favors, but judging by iTunes rankings others must have felt differently. I'm hoping that the finalists include him and Madi in addition to Jordan (for whom there is no doubt). Not sure who else -- Amy or Emily Ann, most likely. Of course, I could be completely wrong, as I have been about Barrett since the beginning. :mad:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
If you tweet and you care, the choices are Jeffrey, Madi, and Zach.

Allskate

Voice voters are awful. They have to replace Blake. There is no way that Barrett and Emily Ann deserved to go through on votes. And Zach over Amy? Ugh.

I'm glad for Jeffery that he will get to compete next week. But, I'm tempted to wait until the Adele special to turn my tv on next Monday. I have no desire to watch Barrett, Emily Ann, or Jordan or watch a Jordan lovefest and listen to Adam.

Alixana

Definitely NOT a sonogram
So who made it to the finale? I couldn't watch.

ETA: never mind, I saw the last post. That's it for me this year.

Allskate

Who is voting for Barrett? Just Blake fans?

That's a big part of it. And he's a country singer with a sob story. Blake almost always has a country singer in the finale, whether it's a guy or a blonde girl.

But, there's something messed up when that lame performance by Barrett last night and his forgettable performances over the course of the show earn him a spot in the top three. I know the show gets good ratings, but I wish they'd mix things up on the show. I"m so tired of Blake and Adam. Gwen is useless. And Pharrell seems to be phoning it in this season. (He doesn't even know that Madi is from Texas, not Kentucky.)

I don't know how they create excitement and suspense for next week when the cumulative voting, not to mention all the promotion of Jordan, make it so clear that Jordan is going to be crowned.

Sally1214

Like a lot of you, I was very surprised that Barrett went straight through. Sure wasn't based on last night's efforts. I think Blake's fans have written the book on power voting.

Thank goodness, Jeffrey is in the finale. His performance of "Make It Rain" tonight was STELLAR!

Also, I'm absolutely hooked on Blake's new single, "Gonna." What a catchy song!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information