The Knierims have switched coaches from Sappenfield to ... Aljona Savchenko!

sk9tingfan

U.S. Figure Skating announces that Alexa Scimeca-Knierim and Chris Knierim have left Dalilah Sappenfield and will now train part of the time with Alexander König and Jean-Francois Ballester (Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot's coaches) in Oberstdorf as well as in Chicago. Savchenko will join them in Chicago

znhurston

It will be very interesting to see if Savchenko can translate her success as a skater to success as a coach. I'm also curious to learn more about how this arrangement came to be

sus2850

Oh, so they beat the announcement of the German fed about Aljona‘s and Bruno‘s future by three days!

libecha

Wow, this is interesting. I had no idea Aljona was going to into coaching this soon...

She had a cryptic post on her Instagram last week that now makes sense. And Bruno is moving to Switzerland, so she was going to need something else to do.

This is so interesting, I’m really surprised
but excited to see what comes of it. Hope they’re ready to work their butts off.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Wow, this is interesting. I had no idea Aljona was going to into coaching this soon...
She's been doing some coaching/consulting the past year and is now going to coach Hocke/Blommeret. Bruno is going back to France to do some coaching as well. Will be interesting to see if they can translate doing to teaching.

sus2850

I am also wondering about the location. Alex König was said to be going to build a new pairs program in Berlin. Where Hocke still is going to school as well. I guess Aljona and Alex König will clarify that on Thursday at their press conference.

Firedancer

Really interesting and exciting choice by Alexa and Chris! I will admit I never thought they would leave Delilah. But I think they really needed a change. I can’t wait to see where they will take their skating from here! Best of luck to Alexa, Chris and Aljona!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I nominate Myself to be the President of this thread!!! :cool::biggrinbo:BNS1:

OMG.. I am still gasping for air.

NO BETTER TEAM to go to for improving their skills...

I though there was a 0 chance of them ever leaving Dalilah. JUST CANT believe it.

I AM SUPER excited to see all the new things they will learn... connections, expression, technique.

I am still shocked tho. Wonder how they approached Dalilah and how it went down.

Last edited:

skatfan

Great news! Aliona coaching, did I miss her retirement announcement.
Alexa and Chris will surely benefit from this change. Best of Luck to them!

Apparently the Alijona/Bruno announcement comes later this week. Odd timing to have Alexa/Chris announce this before that, but I assume there was a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information