The Good News Thread

Sylvia

TBD

PeterG

Belgian shot putter goes viral running hurdles to save team from disqualification

Jolien Boumkwo placed seventh in the shot put at the European Athletics Team Championships on Saturday (she also competes in the hammer throw). When the two hurdlers on Belgium's team pulled out due to injury, Boumkwo stepped up to keep her country's team in the competition.

Here's a video focussing on Boumkwo running the race and not knocking over even one hurdle:

SHERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: :D :cheer:

sk9tingfan

In Connecticut, a law goes into effect that by 2027, all high school seniors must pass a course in financial literacy!

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I guess this is extremely good news in a way. To me, it has its pros and cons. A new Alzheimer's drug has been approved by the FDA. It targets the progression of the disease in people with the early stages of Alzheimer's meaning that it slows it down where the person may have a few more months of recognizing their loved ones.

It does have possible side effects which can cause dizziness, confusion, nausea, headache, seizures, vision changes, and possible brain swelling in the brain or on the brain surface. The cost is $26, 500.00 per year for this new drug.

There have been three deaths so far linked to the new drug. The way I look at it, however, is that it would be worth the risk to take it. If the drug had been approved three years ago, my stepmom might have lived a little longer. She was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2017. She passed a away in March of 2020. The disease progressed so fast, and in 3 short years, it killed her.

Either way, it would have been worth it for my stepmom because she was going to die anyway.

PeterG

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information