The Good News Thread

attyfan

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
This is a well written article. Long ago I had a close friend who was working on fusion. I dont Remember if he was working on inertial confinement or magnetic confinement. I think it was the latter. He was a theoretical physicist, and I don't know if he was collaborating with any of the big labs. I got some superficial knowledge of fusion at that time but it was eons ago.

I have not kept up with this subject, but it is good to know that there are some encouraging discoveries. Scientists have been working on fusion (as an alternative to fission which created nuclear energy) For many decades. As in all scientiful discoveries progress is slow. Making it practical/available on a large scale will be a big step but it is good to see that they are working on it and are having some success.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

ETA- tonight our local tv station interviewed the survivor and his family. He is still in a hospital, being treated for exhaustion and dehydration. He said he thought he was going to die, then the rescue helicopter appeared above him. The park ranger said it is rare to find a happy ending in similar situations. The man's sister, who was with him, showed the rangers which way he went hiking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information