1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The GAY thread

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by dots, Jun 28, 2013.

1. LilJen

LilJen Reaching out with my hand sensitively

It's called Voices in the Band by Dr Susan Hall. Link to book on Amazon-opoly. I read it for a social work course, and I'm impressed by the team approach the staff took. Often times an HIV+ diagnosis was just one thing in a line of awful things in people's lives, sadly. . . :(

4rkidz likes this.
  2. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

3. skatefan

skatefan moving on

Tomorrow, 5th December, in the UK, it's the 10 year anniversary of same sex civil partnerships which paved the way to marriage and I've just been watching an interview with photos and videos of the very first ceremony. The interview was incredibly emotional, happy and filled with love. The ceremony was carried out in a hospice the day before one of the men died. Ah, it made me :fragile:
    There needs to be much more love in this world.

shah, PeterG, allezfred and 1 other person like this.
  4. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

5. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

antmanb likes this.
  6. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

antmanb and PeterG like this.
  7. dots

dots Well-Known Member

8. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

skateboy likes this.
  9. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

falling_dance likes this.
  10. Nomad

Nomad Celebrity cheese-monger

While it hasn't attracted much comment, it's nice to see that Javier Raya came out. He and the boyfriend make a cute couple.

PeterG, skateboy and falling_dance like this.
  11. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

12. dots

dots Well-Known Member

She's the true definition of a deplorable.

Ok US gays, do you guys think we'll keep our rights after the one term president Trump has done his term ? With luck he gets impeached within his first year.

PeterG likes this.
  13. dots

dots Well-Known Member

And just for the record, I am boycotting anything from flyover country. I'll stay in the West Coast and that'll be my refuge. :wuzrobbed

manhn likes this.
  14. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

Heartwarming advert encourages gay couples to keep holding hands

The Bank of Australia and New Zealand is supporting Auckland Pride this year and created this advertisement about gay people holding hands in public, what it means and how public reaction pressures couples to let go. Here's a direct link to the video. You may want to have a hankie nearby:

#HoldTight

berthesghost and nlloyd like this.
  15. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

I needed a hankie, indeed. Thanks for posting this, PeterG, and happy Valentine!

nlloyd and PeterG like this.
  16. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

The day after the election I seriously had a think about if we were going to pack one bag with our most valuables and head to the airport, but decided we are for the time protected by the blue state wall. Other than filing taxes jointly, which we have yet to do, the federal recognition doesn't really get us anything. Here in blue state country, we're still married untill they too revert back to the dark ages.

As for Cindy, she was always my least favorite Brady. Seriously, rewatch the show and tell me Mike didn't at least hint that Carol maybe have her tested for developmental disabilities. Not just the lisp, but girl was seriously slow on the uptake.

PeterG likes this.
  17. LilJen

LilJen Reaching out with my hand sensitively

I keep telling myself that SOMEONE has to be here in flyover redneck country to speak up for those who don't hold redneck values. . . otherwise they'd (probably) never hear any opinions that differed from their own.

18. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

antmanb likes this.
  19. dots

dots Well-Known Member

20. AngieNikodinovLove

AngieNikodinovLove Well-Known Member

Yes, they (the government) are telling families to kill their gay children, and if they dont do it the government will kill them.

Merkel tried pressing Putin on it today but they just deny its even happening.....

21. Sylvia

Sylvia U.S. Sectionals are THIS week!

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  22. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

skateboy, jamesy and antmanb like this.
  23. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

I am so glad you posted about this beautiful film, as I hadn't seen it mentioned yet on FSU.

antmanb and PeterG like this.