The first President George Bush has died

aftershocks

Banned Member
The eulogies were very poignant and painted an indelible portrait of GHW Bush. The pastor's homily was tearjerking and eloquent. There were lots of moments that truly overshadowed the current occupant of the Oval Office, but that's not hard to effect in contrast with real statesmen, leaders, and above all a man of such great humility and kindness, as the senior former Pres. Bush.

This comment about GHWB was particularly striking and effective by former senator, Alan Simpson:
"Those who travel the high road of humility in Washington D.C. are not bothered by heavy traffic"

Far from Trump squirming in his seat, Simpson's analogy most likely went over Trump's head.

I found the remarks by Maureen Dowd and Margaret Warner on the PBS Newshour's analysis of Bush 41 and Bush 43, quite compelling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZPpw-Z7YJ8

Last edited:

Susan1

The eulogies were very poignant and painted an indelible portrait of GHW Bush. The pastor's homily was tearjerking and eloquent. There were lots of moments that truly overshadowed the current occupant of the Oval Office, but that's not hard to effect in contrast with real statesmen, leaders, and above all a man of such great humility and kindness, as the senior former Pres. Bush.

This comment about GHWB was particularly striking and effective by former senator, Alan Simpson:
"Those who travel the high road of humility in Washington D.C. are not bothered by heavy traffic"

Far from Trump squirming in his seat, Simpson's analogy most likely went over Trump's head.
I bet 45 wasn't even listening. He was probably thinking about how he was missing lunch, and Flynn and Cohen and Putin, and how 25 years from now people will be praising him for all the wonderful things he's done.

The thing they keep showing that is funnier than Bush 43 giving Michelle candy (over and over and over) is how they were all talking and smiling (they don't show how Hillary was talking to President Carter at first) until Humpty got there and then they all faced forward and turned to statues! And they all had their legs crossed away from him. He's the only person who CAN'T cross his legs.
p.s. I thought Hillary looked especially pretty and soft yesterday. Less stress?

ilovepaydays

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The U.S. Postal Service has announced that Bush-41 will be their next “Forever” stamp.

This is a really nice looking stamp! :)

BTW, it’s not a given that all former Presidents get put on a stamp after they pass away. I don’t think Ford got one, but I’m pretty sure Reagan did. I’m not sure about Nixon - guessing not for obvious reasons. Those are the only other former U.S. Presidents who’ve passed away in my lifetime.

I have seen Reagan stamps but not Ford or Nixon. I don’t think we will ever see a Nixon stamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information