The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Well that settles it. I'm judging skaters purely on the necklaces they wear from now on.
Yes, shame on them for wearing religious jewelry. I wonder what their opinion of the Kween would have been back in the day - I'm sure they would have found something problematic with her wearing a jade necklace, right?

canbelto

Yes, shame on them for wearing religious jewelry. I wonder what their opinion of the Kween would have been back in the day - I'm sure they would have found something problematic with her wearing a jade necklace, right?

Not making this up -- back in the day there were a few Sergei widows types who said that Michelle wore (gasp!) too many spaghetti strap costumes.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
So I just searched up "Alexandra Trusova" and this was like the first tweet I saw:

https://twitter.com/ttercerafase

Then under that tweet there was this:
https://twitter.com/lsamsarax
Well I yield to no one in my distaste for religious patriarchy, but the idea of applying that to a bunch of Russian teenagers who have lived in the cocoon of an ice rink for most of their lives is both appalling and hilarious.

Get back to me when one of them marries (and profits from) a Putin apparatchik. THEN I’ll be a hater.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
With the exception of Liza, the six top Russian women are all 18 or younger - just WHAT could they have done that was so morally offensive to be unsupportable? Christ on a cracker, they're teenagers - they're going to make mistakes and do stupid things.
Not involving any skaters, but there instances of people digging up stupid things people said at 13-14 on social media and making such a big fuss that kids have had scholarships and college admissions rescinded. Twitter vigilantes are something…

Karen-W

Not involving any skaters, but there instances of people digging up stupid things people said at 13-14 on social media and making such a big fuss that kids have had scholarships and college admissions rescinded. Twitter vigilantes are something…
Yes, I've seen that in action. Twitter vigilantism is something that cannot die soon enough.

Karen-W

This is waaaayyyy off-topic for this thread, but in my opinion feminism is about making sure women have more choices, not fewer.
That was my thought as well but I decided not to make that observation here because, yeah, off topic - as if thread drift never happens on FSU. :rofl:

Viscaro

Agree with what everyone said about the use of problematic for fandom wars. This does not seem to come out of genuine care for Sinistina, which is what supporting the victims is about…

However this is not the first time I’ve heard about the Morozov dating Elena (and/or other minors) on fsu and how to we know that exactly ? Has Katsalopov or Morozov or Elena talked about it ? It makes the Black Swan lake program (I always thought the ouverture of Swan Lake symbolises rape by the Magician) very sinister.
Same with Kosternaia dating her coach mentioned in another Twitter thread ??? Is that true ??

MsZem

I see the sea
However this is not the first time I’ve heard about the Morozov dating Elena (and/or other minors) on fsu and how to we know that exactly ? Has Katsalopov or Morozov or Elena talked about it ? It makes the Black Swan lake program (I always thought the ouverture of Swan Lake symbolises rape by the Magician) very sinister.
There have been so many Black Swan programs, I really wouldn't read too much into it other than Morozov not being very imaginative.

Anyway. With the GP and most of the CS events now complete, I must say that most of this year's FDs are not very exciting, and I wonder what the Olympics-only fans will make of them. Maybe one of the RDs can go draw public interest instead (hopefully for the right reasons...).

Bigbird

AND Victoria is wearing a crucifix necklace. Extremely problematic.
They are skating on a prayer. I don't think they're letting on how challenging his injury is to deal with. They are not patient people or skaters it would appear. They both do think it's the noble thing to skate through the pain regardless of the consequences. One of the many reasons he decided to dump Ilinykh was that she didn't agree with this.

barbarafan

Back to ice dance ... Nikita's shirt for the FD looks exactly like one of those Victoria's Secret "silk pajama" sets.
I don't care what he wears now as long as he has destroyed that horrible rag he wore for the RD last competition. I have never in my life seen anything that ugly. I thought maybe he was wearing a back brace and that was the only thing they could find to hide it.

Bigbird

This convo is so random though. Hasn't it run it's course? I just think it's fans rankled by the usual Russian fix. But. But given their scores in Russia no less I don't think that is a sure thing anymore. These persons need not stir the pot.

clairecloutier

Anyway. With the GP and most of the CS events now complete, I must say that most of this year's FDs are not very exciting, and I wonder what the Olympics-only fans will make of them. Maybe one of the RDs can go draw public interest instead (hopefully for the right reasons...).

I watched the Rostelecom FD last night & I must say my eyes kept getting sleepy, to the extent that I missed the mistake that S/K had coming out of a lift. Even the more technically proficient dance of Guignard/Fabbri wasn’t holding my interest in terms of music/choreo.

Probably the most interesting of the FDs was Hurtado/Khaliavin’s Led Zeppelin. I’m not sure if this dance totally works, but it does keep my attention, and I feel like it must be more challenging to do than lyrical FD #56. My hesitation with it is that the bigness of “Stairway to Heaven,” to me, calls more for a pairs program with massive lifts than the precision of ice dance. Still, I like it.

bcash

I didn’t give Green/Parsons’s FD a chance initially, because I see major flaws and limitations to Michael’s body line. But after watching it in full I have to agree with Charlie White that it’s the artistically boldest and most original FD of this season. I wish P/C could have gone for something like that. They would have been able to give such conceptually brilliant programs beautiful articulation.

Bigbird

I didn’t give Green/Parsons’s FD a chance initially, because I see major flaws and limitations to Michael’s body line. But after watching it in full I have to agree with Charlie White that it’s the artistically boldest and most original FD of this season. I wish P/C could have gone for something like that. They would have been able to give such conceptually brilliant programs beautiful articulation.
They haven't retired yet. They may do just that next season, I think they did that last season as well as the first season we saw them, they just weren't their best selves psychologically last season they competed. I hope if they win gold they'll stay around for a few more seasons.

Khaleesi

I watched the Rostelecom FD last night & I must say my eyes kept getting sleepy, to the extent that I missed the mistake that S/K had coming out of a lift. Even the more technically proficient dance of Guignard/Fabbri wasn’t holding my interest in terms of music/choreo.

Probably the most interesting of the FDs was Hurtado/Khaliavin’s Led Zeppelin. I’m not sure if this dance totally works, but it does keep my attention, and I feel like it must be more challenging to do than lyrical FD #56. My hesitation with it is that the bigness of “Stairway to Heaven,” to me, calls more for a pairs program with massive lifts than the precision of ice dance. Still, I like it.
Better than me. I couldn’t keep my attention with any of the FDs. I’m usually someone that try’s to focus on the skating first and music/choreography/costumes/complete package second but idk it’s been very hard this season. Not even P/C are holding my attention. Only teams that have managed to do so are Green/P, Smart/D and Chock/B (which is so ironic because I’m not usually a fan due to Madi’s subpar skating skills).

mjb52

I think I may be the only person who genuinely likes most of the programs this season. But also, I will check off from the bingo card my favorite thing to say at this point in this season which is that they're not training to peak in November, they're training to peak in February. We used in the olden times (at least most of us) not to even see these early competitions so skaters had time to work things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information