The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

litenkyckling

I find her posture and lack of knee bend really distracting. It is just not her alone. Most of the couples coached by Zhuk & Svinin have issues with their skills especially the women.
I hate thinking about the senior career that S/B could have had if they had moved to better coaches. They are such great performers, have fantastic chemistry and they have such a presence but Z/S cannot coach senior teams to save their lives.

suki

But in all seriousness, I hope H/B, and by that I mean Baker really brings the Donna Summer Disco, it could be epic their battle with Gr/Pa. :watch: YAASSSS!
I love both couples. And if there is any male dancer who was born to disco, it's Jean-Luc. Check out his lip synch to Fergie's "My Humps" on Youtube from a few years ago. Hilarious.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Thoughts on GP Italy.
I do not like S/B much tbh something has always rubbed me the wrong way but this RD is fun. Her SS though is still lacking but as they have just been starting training this program recently it is a good outing.
H/D, not my favorite RD, prefer Green/Parson Janet Jackson but it was a good outing for them better than SA. They should still work on their performance/interpretation, something looks forced as if they are trying to hard with a "I'm in your face" type of attitude. Maybe that is what they construe as having a Street attitude.
It was a very enjoyable competition overall with Green/Parson clear rise, maybe the new judges' darlings. They are improving as they gain confidence with a great season debut. Prefer their RD to H/D but they still need to gain in power and speed.
The German are also great to watch with their crazy program and costumes. He sure looks like he's deep in character !
Finally the Wang/Liu, not street but love their presence and skating skills.
I just feel sorry for Soucisse/Firus. Nothing has improved much since they moved. I would have expected their new coaches to completely revamp this team making them look more modern and relevant. But nope they give them Aznavour for FD. Beautiful song but really not what they needed at this point in time. Plus his costume for the RD just makes no sense. Jazz this team up please, come on if you can give fluorescent orange suits to G/P just do something more creative.
P/C, I won't comment much as I am unable to be objective so I reserve my gushing for the fan thread :D. Will just say they should change their lift to better fit the mood. Otherwise, sharper, faster and more into it than at Finlandia. They are on the right track.

Bigbird

Can anyone tell me why S/B would spend a whole year sitting on old material for their FD yet still crawl across the ice going nowhere have very little if any R&J vibes? I mean really? I'm all for giving their spot to D/S right now.

I am not inclined to even share the links, not worth the effort or aggravation.

Peepsquick

Can anyone tell me why S/B would spend a whole year sitting on old material for their FD yet still crawl across the ice going nowhere have very little if any R&J vibes? I mean really? I'm all for giving their spot to D/S right now.

I am not inclined to even share the links, not worth the effort or aggravation.
Yes, it's very low key for them and slow: none of their usual vibrancy .... Health issue?

Khaleesi

Well P/C were absolutely the class of the field but my goodness why is 90% of teams skating to such snoozy music especially in an Olympic year. On another note, Michael Parsons is a fantastic skater! Him and Jean-Luc Baker are the best male ice dancers on team USA.

deegee

Well P/C were absolutely the class of the field but my goodness why is 90% of teams skating to such snoozy music especially in an Olympic year. On another note, Michael Parsons is a fantastic skater! Him and Jean-Luc Baker are the best male ice dancers on team USA.
ok but jean -luc is totally next level for me, even just on performance quality alone.

Andrea82

Many B events this week

Volvo Cup

Elizaveta Khudaiberdieva/Egor Bazin won easily in that field. Score (185.61) similar to what they got the previous week at Denis Ten Memorial (186.80).

Ipolito/Russell missed the FD TES minimum for Worlds again by less than 1 point. Both here and a Victor Petrenko Cup they scored in low 46s.

Roman Pavel Memorial

An expected win for the Taschler siblings. Unsurprisingly they got a bit of homescoring (but it didn't get out of control) and they scored 180.86. They got all the keypoints and level 3 in the midline in the RD (tech panel was Skate Canada President Karen Butcher, Silwya Nowak and Cedric Pernet).

Mrazek siblings won the Junior competition.

So Czech Republic has a couple of siblings coached by Zanni as top Senior and Junior teams.

NRW Trophy

Here the field was larger. And without a run-away favourite.
In the end Yuka Orihara/Juho Pirinen came out as the winners. Free Dance went over 100 points. In the RD they fell during one lift.

Lagouge/Caffa were second. Two interesting programs. I think I've already seen the Vivaldi FD last season in one of the earlier events held (Nebelhorn or Budapest). They went over 160 overall which they never did before internationally.

Jasmine Tessari/Stephane Walker were third. They got the minimums for Wolrds (they missed the FD in their debut in Nice).
Any news on Manni/Rothlisberger? I don't think I've seen them in any entry list so far this season. T/W are already scoring to similar levels of M/R's best outings.

The battle of Dutch teams was very close with 1.5 points in favour of Verhaegh/Van Geffen over Jakucs/Galli. Euro selection is apparently based on NRW and Golden Spin.

In the Junior competition, Tali/Frasca got a deducation for violation of choreo restrictions. It is their 5th competition this season and it was the first time they got the deduction. However in JGP Slovenia, Mezzaluna Cup and Nice, they had some judges calling for it. Only in their first JGP they didn't any judge objecting.

Last edited:

Dobre

On the topic of Green & Parsons & where they are currently placing amid the larger field . . .

It seems to me they are basically working their way back up in the dance hierarchy to where he & Rachel were during the course of their senior career. (Splitting placements & results with Wang & Liu, splitting results with Carreira & Ponomarenko). The Parsons also defeated Hurtado & Khaliavin at one point and medaled at NHK Trophy directly above Fear & Gibson.

Peepsquick

From the U.S. Ice Dance thread:
Yes, they are between a rock and a hard place: health vs momentum! I think they are making the right decision for Kaitlin. Concussions have nasty repercussions that can last a very long time. I wish them all the best!
They might still recover in time, like Gabi did in 2016 when she and Guillaume missed most of the season.

sap5

Are concussions happening more frequently at Gadbois, or is just that they have many teams so many concussions occur there?

skatingguy

decently
Are concussions happening more frequently at Gadbois, or is just that they have many teams so many concussions occur there?
Hard to know - we do seem to hear about more concussions at that training camp - that could have something to do with more ambitious lifts, or do they just talk about the issue more than other training camps - number of high level skaters probably plays a role there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information