The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobre

Golubtsova & Belobrov are on the Warsaw Challenger list. (I had asked earlier if anyone had an update on them).

I am sorry to hear about Galyavieva & Thauron. It was nice to have a real battle among the young French teams, and it is especially awful to lose a promising young athlete to serious injury.

Andrea82

Are Abashkina and Drozd still a thing? I saw video recently of him skating in a show with Zagitova? Are they on a break?
They were entered and withdrawn from 2 competitions (Minsk and upcoming Warsaw) in the last month.

Golubtsova & Belobrov are on the Warsaw Challenger list. (I had asked earlier if anyone had an update on them).

Golubtsova & Belobrov were at Budapest Trophy. They scored 166.33 for a 4th place. They were placed behind Armenians, Reed/Saulius and Shanaeva/Narizhnui and ahead of Fear/Waddell.

Peepsquick

It seems they also changed the Blues part.
ISU bio now says it will be on U Move, I Move by John Legend rather than on You & I by Legend
As music, this is potentially a much better fit, so much so that I wonder why they didn't use it from the start (I've been listening to the lyrics, especially the beginning and it fits with the choreography). I'm looking forward to the changes in all the couples!

VGThuy

Just me who loved the original costume, and far preferred it to the new dress? :shuffle:

(It's fine, I always have opposite opinions on dresses to most people here! I like Caroline Green's FD look, too.)
I agree with you. It's not that I dislike glamor and bling, and I wasn't a fan of the color of the original P/C FD outfits, but at least the originals seemed modern and fresh and more like the P/C I knew. This glittery dress makes Gabi look like Vanna White and more generic.

litenkyckling

I agree with you. It's not that I dislike glamor and bling, and I wasn't a fan of the color of the original P/C FD outfits, but at least the originals seemed modern and fresh and more like the P/C I knew. This glittery dress makes Gabi look like Vanna White and more generic.
I'm assuming the judges said something to them at Finlandia, and if so I don't blame them for the changes because why would they want to leave anything to chance when the race will be so tight for gold

VGThuy

You can see more of it here. S/B are last I think to go.
RD run-through S/B
I can definitely see this being an audience favorite at the Olympics (assuming Step/Buk can compete there).

So far, most of the music choices have been smart ones where ice dance won't look as problematic as some feared when this rhythm was announced. I think for the most part, coaches/choreographers are picking music that is appropriate for the the personality of the teams, even if that means some of the choice may be on the duller side.

deegee

Just me who loved the original costume, and far preferred it to the new dress? :shuffle:

(It's fine, I always have opposite opinions on dresses to most people here! I like Caroline Green's FD look, too.)
no, i prefer the original dress, too. she looks amazing in the new dress, but now it looks like she and guillaume are costumed for two different dances. and i also like cg's fd costume. someone said earlier that it makes her look heavy and i'm like, how? she's the size of a needle.

Peepsquick

I'm not sure about the dress either ... it IS beautiful but seems to fit better the Blues than street dance ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information