The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Are we supposed to believe Shawn Rettstatt hasn't already let US teams know his opinion on the legality of their elements?
Fraser-Lukanin was also on the panel at US International in September where the element was marked.

So I guess the real test is what Elek does and whether there is a discussion. Although I am sure the discussion has already happened during practices.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Just watched HubDon in practice and there is zero getting around his arms - they're fully extended, moreso than they were at US Classic. Frankly, I hope that the tech panel calls it illegal in a few hours. It's one thing to lose SkAm to Chock/Bates early in the season on an illegal lift call, it would be something else to lose at the GPF or Olympics because of it.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Just watched HubDon in practice and there is zero getting around his arms - they're fully extended, moreso than they were at US Classic. Frankly, I hope that the tech panel calls it illegal in a few hours. It's one thing to lose SkAm to Chock/Bates early in the season on an illegal lift call, it would be something else to lose at the GPF or Olympics because of it.
Yep, I thought the same thing watching their practice. His arms were straight. I hope if it's going to get called it's here and not later.

litenkyckling

Yep, I thought the same thing watching their practice. His arms were straight. I hope if it's going to get called it's here and not later.
heres hoping - even their next GP would be risky as they're up against P/C and S/B, so the wiggle room for errors will be much tighter

Karen-W

heres hoping - even their next GP would be risky as they're up against P/C and S/B, so the wiggle room for errors will be much tighter
Well, that's assuming that S/B even make it to their GP events this season or that they're in competitive shape - but, I agree, the wiggle room for error at IdF is much less than it is at SkAm. Losing to C/B today isn't the death blow to their Olympic hopes the way losing a silver medal to S/B in a month would be, IMO.

Bigbird

I know it was only video but it looked bent to me. JMO. If they want to go for it, I'm all for it for them. No subtext here as I think I'm warming up to both their programs and am clueless as to why there isn't at least three points between them and La Chock. Don't get all judgie, judgie on me now. :)

Bigbird

Well, that's assuming that S/B even make it to their GP events this season or that they're in competitive shape - but, I agree, the wiggle room for error at IdF is much less than it is at SkAm. Losing to C/B today isn't the death blow to their Olympic hopes the way losing a silver medal to S/B in a month would be, IMO.
Nobody is losing to SB. Not happening with all my respect for the Russian machinery. Nobody.

SidelineSkater

I know it was only video but it looked bent to me. JMO. If they want to go for it, I'm all for it for them. No subtext here as I think I'm warming up to both their programs and am clueless as to why there isn't at least three points between them and La Chock. Don't get all judgie, judgie on me now. :)

They looked bent in the FD live but maybe I didn’t have the best POV.

Karen-W

They looked bent in the FD live but maybe I didn’t have the best POV.
They were definitely bent in competition. It got some major GOE too.
They were fully extended for as long as it took him to get his arms up and then immediately they started coming down during the FD live. Much better execution in competition than during practice. If they can execute it like they did in competition every time then they will be fine but if they have a slight miss on it like they did during practice, I fully expect them to get hit with an illegal lift deduction. It's a gorgeous lift and it's definitely legal the way it was executed at both US Classic and SkAm in competition. I just hope they can keep hitting it the rest of the season.

Andrea82

The draw for the judges for Montpellier Worlds resulted in

Australia
China
Czech Republic
Spain
France
Great Britain
Israel
Italy
Japan (Kaoru Takino)
Russia
Turkey (Tanay Ozkan)
Ukraine
USA

The outcome of the draw for 4 Continents was

Australia
Austria (Stefan Grampelhuber)
Canada
China
Spain
Finland
Kazakhstan (Nadezhda Paretskaya)
South Korea (Chi Hee Rhee)
USA

Alternates: Georgia (Yulia Levshunova), Italy, Russia, Ukraine.

The outcome of 4CCs draw suggest Japan and New Zealand didn't enter the draw. With all travel restrictions, New Zealand absence would have to be expected. Japan has only 1 ISU judge. So really they are dependent on her having the 4CC week free. And she already has Olympics and Worlds this season.

I put the name of the judge for countries with only 1 ISU judge.

litenkyckling

Just rewatching some of the ID from SkAm and was just thinking that I've made the assumption that one of the US teams would potentially skip worlds if they medal in Beijing but actually, I don't think they will now. I can't see any team wanting to retire and have their final moments on the ice without their family in the audience. I really feel like both C/B and H/D value having their family there too much in order to do that. So really, the fourth spot at Nationals might not be that important in terms of grabbing a potential worlds spot.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I’m now watching NBCs broadcast of everything so I can hear commentary. Regarding Madison and Evan Tanith said this is their second rhythm dance this season already? That the first one had already reached its potential...

They had a rhythm dance that already reached its potential by September? What was it? She said and then they switch to the Billie Eilish program

escaflowne9282

Reformed Manspreader
After rewatching Finlandia and Skate America , I can safely say that IAM did not come to play this season with any of its teams. The skating of all of P/C , H/D, C/B, FB/S and even S/D(!!!) is in very good shape at this point in the season. Some programs sing , some programs are :blah: , but the quality of movement and performance seems to really be on point. I actually enjoyed things I had previously written off. I hope the pace continues for them.

Zhulin's teams look like they need a lot more work. S&K and H&K , in particular, look incredibly ragged in what we've seen so far of their FDs .

Me thinks Marie-Universe wants the sweep she so narrowly missed in Pyeongchang.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
I thought the free dance at Skate America had some really great programmes. I really don't get all the negative nellies complaining about the programmes this season. :shuffle:

Totally agreed, I enjoyed the entire dance event so much!
The Spanish were on fire, I absolutely loved them, clearly gunning for that Olympic spot!! :love:

litenkyckling

I was actually quite shocked by how much I enjoyed S/D's FD here - I was a clown dance hater and thenat ACI and Finalndia I was so meh about it but here it had something special. At this point, I'd send them over H/K (despite how much I like them too).

Karen-W

Nazarova & Nikitin, Skoptcova & Aleshin, and Khudaberdieva & Bazin are scheduled for the Denis Ten Memorial Challenge this weekend.
I'm especially happy to see how N/N score in a Challenger. Their scores last weekend at the Viktor Petrenko Cup seemed generous, especially in light of the fact that Fear/Waddell scored 8 points higher there than they did at Nebelhorn last month.

Andrea82

The Skate Canada technical panel should be Selby-LeMay-Yang.

I' m especially happy to see how N/N score in a Challenger. Their scores last weekend at the Viktor Petrenko Cup seemed generous, especially in light of the fact that Fear/Waddell scored 8 points higher there than they did at Nebelhorn last month.
F/W increased by 13 points compared to Budapest Trophy held the previous week. Same raise for Nette/Westwood.
In general, Victor Petrenko Cup, Minsk Ice Star and Mezzaluna Cup sounded like "the places where to be" to get the ID minimum TES for lower level teams compared to Budapest Trophy and Nice Trophy.
To different degrees, the inflation seems to have pushed everybody up in these competitions. There are some other scores which looked a bit "over-the-top" (171 for Kerry/Dodds at Mezzaluna Cup).

N/N performances are online

Karen-W

This might be the only drama that we see all weekend at Skate Canada... Skary Babs death glare directed at the IAM coaches along the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information