The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

litenkyckling

I think more interesting than S/B’s score here in the RD is Piper and Paul’s score, which of course is not what they wanted to see. Aside from the +1’s for their twizzle sequence, the GOE scores were just lower overall. At Skate Canada, all GOEs were +3 or above, with lots of +4’s. Here, they received almost as many +2’s (given in four out of the five elements) as +4’s.
only the French teams here seemed to get SB scores - NHK was a much better time if you wanted a good score boost pre-GPF.

deegee

or maybe they should choose a Tessa/Scott olympic winning routine and copy it step by step, lift by lift and still get top choreo. marks when neither them, their coach or choreog. had anything to do with it......I think when routines r copied to that extent they should get a 2 or 3 in PCS for the program.
who did that? i'm not overly familiar with v/m programs so i don't know that i would recognize it if another team skated a similar program.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I think more interesting than S/B’s score here in the RD is Piper and Paul’s score, which of course is not what they wanted to see. Aside from the +1’s for their twizzle sequence, the GOE scores were just lower overall. At Skate Canada, all GOEs were +3 or above, with lots of +4’s. Here, they received almost as many +2’s (given in four out of the five elements) as +4’s.
Six of the nine 2's they got came from two judges ;). Aside from the twizzles (which all judges scored 1-3 because as Mark pointed out the mishap on the transition into them) and those two judges all the other judges gave them 3's and 4's in GOE.

The got about 2.64 less in GOE here than in Canada and most of that is accounted for in the low GOE for the twizzles and the two level drops they got in the pattern (L4 to L3 here) and her partial step (L3 to L2 here). The small leftover 0.4ish is probably those two judges, they probably had S/B in second ;). PCS in Canada was 37.57 and here 37.03. Not much of a difference despite the few broken records here who repeatedly whine about their scoring in Canada.

firstflight

Six of the nine 2's they got came from two judges ;). Aside from the twizzles (which all judges scored 1-3 because as Mark pointed out the mishap on the transition into them) and those two judges all the other judges gave them 3's and 4's in GOE.

The got about 2.64 less in GOE here than in Canada and most of that is accounted for in the low GOE for the twizzles and the two level drops they got in the pattern (L4 to L3 here) and her partial step (L3 to L2 here). The small leftover 0.4ish is probably those two judges, they probably had S/B in second ;). PCS in Canada was 37.57 and here 37.03. Not much of a difference despite the few broken records here who repeatedly whine about their scoring in Canada.
Considering their highest total came in Sweden at Worlds, those whining about their scoring in Canada would be wrong.

3 judges wanted S/B to be second in the FD. Everyone can draw their own conclusions about what’s going on, but a 121.8 FD score and 203.16 total are not what Piper and Paul were looking for from their second Grand Prix.

yeslek

Piper and Paul were outrageously over scored at skate Canada though

firstflight

Piper and Paul were outrageously over scored at skate Canada though
I mean, they won the bronze at Worlds ahead of Chock/Bates. They better be scoring in that range at their home Grand Prix.

ETA: To be clear, I mean that if the reigning bronze medalist can’t score 83+ RD/124+ FD in their home Grand Prix, something would be going wrong for their Olympic medal prospects.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
118.60 in the FD for Davis/Smolkin with mostly +4/+5 GOE from the judges. Delusional scoring at its best.
But, on the bright side, they didn't outscore StepBuk in either the FD or total score today! Guess they're still only RUS #3 at best - and we still haven't seen Z/G yet this season.

barbarafan

118.60 in the FD for Davis/Smolkin with mostly +4/+5 GOE from the judges. Delusional scoring at its best.
For sure.....But it prob. would be higher but after the stink after the RD score they might have decided to slow the weekly competition climb down a bit. They scored 111.35 last week in Austria so over a 7 point jump and the choreo. PCS is 8.60 for the copy and paste. Now all their PCS are sitting in 8 plus now....Funny at this competition they were giving out PCS & levels like Poppies in November yet Morozov/Bagin seemed to be undermarked.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
For sure.....But it prob. would be higher but after the stink after the RD score they might have decided to slow the weekly competition climb down a bit. They scored 111.35 last week in Austria so over a 7 point jump and the choreo. PCS is 8.60 for the copy and paste. Now all their PCS are sitting in 8 plus now....Funny at this competition they were giving out PCS & levels like Poppies in November yet Morozov/Bagin seemed to be undermarked.
M/T scored 114.29 that a big leap from 108 from NHK, this is a B event just named as challenger.
D/S have scored 111 , 109 and 115 from their last competitions.

angi

M/T scored 114.29 that a big leap from 108 from NHK, this is a B event just named as challenger.
D/S have scored 111 , 109 and 115 from their last competitions.
Only the 109 was actually accurate to what they produced. The scoring here was generous but no one benefited from it as much as Davis/Smolkin did, their levels and GOE miraculously improved by over 15 points simply by flying from one country to another, how miraculous.

firstflight

Green/Parsons decisively beat them at Skate Canada, but had their shakiest competition of the season here with a fall in the RD and a shaky, tentative FD with another stumble at the end of a lift. I do wonder relative placement at the Warsaw Cup if G/P had been clean. It looked like in the RD, a clean skate wouldn’t have been enough for G/P but it’s hard to tell with the FD. D/S beating a clean G/P would be a significant decision, and could not just be chalked up to inflated scores for everyone.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Only the 109 was actually accurate to what they produced. The scoring here was generous but no one benefited from it as much as Davis/Smolkin did, their levels and GOE miraculously improved by over 15 points simply by flying from one country to another, how miraculous.
D/S started with 115 in the US non challenger event, M/T had one competition this season scoring 109 in NHK to 114.
I don't really take B events seriously.

You can start ranting if its a GP, or Euros.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I have to agree about the scoring being really generous at Warsaw Cup. Green/Parsons also increased their total score by 9.5 points from their last outing (GP Italia). They had falls in both events and were, IMO, noticeably more cautious in their FD this week than they were previously. This week's score doesn't jibe with how they scored in Italy 2 weeks ago.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Davis/Smolkin looked shaky to me in several parts of their FD, especially her. Their lifts are eye-catchy but as soon as they have to skate step sequences the pace slows down dramatically and it's not very clean. I just don't get the big deal about that specific team all of a sudden. What else is lined up for those guys ? Can they be at Europeans ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information