The Dance Hall 6: We're All Off Our Rockers 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobre

Car/Pom FD. They look to be preparing for an impressive senior debut season.
FD

Of course they are. They're all Igor's got left. (I know. Exaggerating. A bit).

Carreira & Ponomarenko are very promising, and I like them quite a lot, especially Anthony. They have all kinds of potential. But I wish people would dial it back a touch. This is hype and while buzz can be great in ice dance, it's not always so great for young teams. On the plus side, C&P don't have all the pressure & expectations they had to face last year on the junior circuit so hopefully, they will come out and fight with nothing to lose.

The Finland GP is going to be so great! With Popova & Mozgov, McNamara & Carpenter, and Carreira & Ponomarenko all there. In addition to four high-ranked teams. (I love GP events in neutral dance territory). With so many openings on the GP, we get to watch the next generation start to make their mark.

Last edited:

Debbie S

Finlandia is going to be so great! With Popova & Mozgov, McNamara & Carpenter, and Carreira & Ponomarenko all there. In addition to four high-ranked teams. (I love GP events in neutral dance territory). With so many openings on the GP, we get to watch the next generation start to make their mark.
Have the entries for Finlandia been announced? I haven't seen that on here.

Dobre

From NRW Trophy:

Mueller & Dieck's RD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6XqANc1h_4
Mueller & Dieck's FD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXkbMCy66Ho

Moscheni & Fabbri's FD: https://www.facebook.com/443946596058332/videos/396775997516651/

Thanks to @Jeschke for posting Mueller & Dieck's programs in the German Skating News thread.

Thanks! I didn't realize they were both called Finlandia.

No, it was my mistake Debbie. Just a typo. I edited above. Sorry for the confusion.

Meanwhile still waiting for video of the winning senior RD from the Quebec event.:shuffle:

Dobre

They skate and look like a pair from 90-95 not 2018.

They do the "soft style" very well. Very light & controlled set downs in the lifts, etc. (I do think this look is better for them than the angst from last season's FD).

But they also have a fun & upbeat side to them that comes across very genuine, and I'm sad we aren't getting that this season (the above not being my thing). You're only a young team for such a short time. So often we miss out on the fun stuff in the push to look mature. Hopefully next year with the Broadway number.

sap5

They do the "soft style" very well. Very light & controlled set downs in the lifts, etc. (I do think this look is better for them than the angst from last season's FD).

But they also have a fun & upbeat side to them that comes across very genuine, and I'm sad we aren't getting that this season (the above not being my thing). You're only a young team for such a short time. So often we miss out on the fun stuff in the push to look mature. Hopefully next year with the Broadway number.

That FD looks like they're trying very hard to be artistic, but all that's coming across to me is the "trying very hard."

Bigbird

That FD looks like they're trying very hard to be artistic, but all that's coming across to me is the "trying very hard."

Well it's August. IMVHO, both their programs look decent for this time of the year. They really just need more time for this FD to breathe. I really like their RD though.

lauravvv

Thanks a lot, Vinyame. The video is bad quality and incomplete, but it's at least something. They (F-B/S) are looking great for so early in the season. I am hoping for and expecting good things from them. But Soucisse/Firus will be worthy rivals for them.

Last edited:

savchenkoboss

Banned Member
I wish I could cheer four Fourner Beaudry and Sorensen but he isnt a nice person, is a very mean and unkind person, and it makes it hard for me to root for him. I do like their style though.

lauravvv

supergirl573 - I don't think we can judge from one such occasion (although perhaps savchenkoboss has more negative experience with him - I don't know). Who knows what had happened between them. They are also a couple off-ice. Not like it's okay to treat women roughly, whether it's your partner, your girlfriend/wife or a stranger, still - we just don't have the complete picture.

Bigbird

supergirl573 - I don't think we can judge from one such occasion (although perhaps savchenkoboss has more negative experience with him - I don't know). Who knows what had happened between them. They are also a couple off-ice. Not like it's okay to treat women roughly, whether it's your partner, your girlfriend/wife or a stranger, still - we just don't have the complete picture.

Please don't go down this road Nik. :(

Please let's not discuss this further unless he definitively gives us something to talk about. At which point I might hop on my gizmo and beat him senseless. I've had fantasies about doing that to Katsalapov but he seems to be doing that all by his lonesome.

Dobre

Once the videos are up, this sounds like an interesting exercise.

All right, the video is up. (Post #677). And we have time to kill before the first JGP. We have time if you can post a list of possible positive features? Or a link to a document with the page numbers for us to look at?

Protocols from Quebec are here. First element with a 5 point GOE spread on the page is the very first element at the top. (Ugh--pattern dance--we will probably fail at this, but what the heck? We can do the twizzles if we totally fail at the pattern dance. But let's start with the pattern).

https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/21_det.pdf

Question to ask: How could one person on a panel validate giving a 1 while someone else could validate giving a 5? (My hypothesis with judge #2 on the twizzles is that he/she didn't watch the slow motion replay, but pattern dance first).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information