The Dance Hall 6: We're All Off Our Rockers 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 74551

And I would love to see Weaver & Poje go to Igor and Pasquale. I don't think Morozov has been bad for them, but IMHO they were at their best when they were with Pasquale.

I think he choreographed both of their current SOI programs (definitely did one of them) so they could be considering it.

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
@Anyasnake the Armenians have split (He is on IPS), the bulgarians are still there and I guess there will be new (maybe jr) Canadian teams.

muffinplus

Crazy crazy crazy that all the US teams (bar shibs) are now in Montreal... Wasn't expecting MFD to take on C/B

Add that to the Medvedeva news...is the whole world going to Canada :lol:

Vera Costa

How many couples does Gadbois have?

Chock/Bates
Soucisse/Firus
Lauriault/Le Gac
Fournier-Beaudry/Sorenson(?)
Hubbell/Donahue/Smart/Diaz
Komatsubara/Koleto

Anyone else?

Anyasnake

How many couples does Gadbois have?

Chock/Bates
Soucisse/Firus
Lauriault/Le Gac
Fournier-Beaudry/Sorenson(?)
Hubbell/Donahue/Smart/Diaz
Komatsubara/Koleto

Anyone else?
Hawayek/Baker
Papadakis/Cizeron
Fukase/Tateno
Markova/Daze
Lajoie/Lagha

starrynight

Easier to list those not there. Out of the top 15 at 2018 Worlds the following teams are not at Gadbois. So 8 teams out of the top 15 at Gadbois and 7 elsewhere.

Weaver/Poje
Capellini/Lanotte
Stepanova/Bukin
Zahorski/Guerreiro
Guinard/Fabbri
Muramoto/Reed
Narazova/Nikitin

barbarafan

Help :scream:
Maybe a new coach in the team too ? That's a possibility.

And they do have 2 rinks
@Anyasnake the Armenians have split (He is on IPS), the bulgarians are still there and I guess there will be new (maybe jr) Canadian teams.
That's the funny thing...I would think there would be a rush for younger teams to go there but I didn't see Gadbois teams in the younger Quebec teams (pre-novice, novice,junior (only LL) maybe I am missing some. There are other good dance schools in Quebec and good Choreog.as well.

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
And they do have 2 rinks

That's the funny thing...I would think there would be a rush for younger teams to go there but I didn't see Gadbois teams in the younger Quebec teams (pre-novice, novice,junior (only LL) maybe I am missing some. There are other good dance schools in Quebec and good Choreog.as well.
Jason Chan (Can jr last year) is there and is on IPS listed with Gadbois and non relocating. He was having tryouts and his profile says he will compete senior next year, so I guess that would be an additional Canadian team.

kates8

Easier to list those not there. Out of the top 15 at 2018 Worlds the following teams are not at Gadbois. So 8 teams out of the top 15 at Gadbois and 7 elsewhere.

Weaver/Poje
Capellini/Lanotte
Stepanova/Bukin
Zahorski/Guerreiro
Guinard/Fabbri
Muramoto/Reed
Narazova/Nikitin
Gilles Poirier too

arakwafan2006

I was driving from out of town earlier getting heart palpitations at all this news. At this rate, Dave Lease probably won't sleep until the 4th of July.

Igor and Pasquale- i have been saying for years that i thought that would be the BOMB combination. Pasquale is a very good ice dance choreographer. He does go a little simple sometimes but that's where Igor can help.... HELP with the transitions. On the other hand, Pasquale relied on Anjelika to help with levels etc. but Igor is good at that. I think that Ice Dance teams flourish when they believe in their material and want to skate it to it's best. When the music, concept and choreography comes first, it's better. Chock and Bates have suffered because their material was sometimes a loose concept. More on that. Anyway, i think that Igor is FINALLY finding someone that is a suitable replacement for Marina. Blending lines, adding cohesive choreography and creating a look for a team.

Chock and Bates- I thought that retirement was going to happen. I feel like Igor spent 4 years giving them complex lifts and working on their feet/blade skills and ignored body line, posture and the two of them skating on the same plane. Marina was good at making sure that the details were good; matching angle of the head and shoulders etc. Pasquale spends hours working on that with his teams so i would have thought that he would be great for Chock and Bates previously.

This coaching change is confusing to me coming from the skaters and confusing as well from the coaches. What are Madison and Evan hoping to get from this? Marie-France has not always struck gold finding a look and point of view for her teams. It took a while for her to nail it with Madison and Zack. Also, Madison and Evan have so much work to do that i think it will take them 4 years to catch up. I do question adding them to the coaching roster though. I think burn out is real and having too many mouths to feed is a tough thing to manage and navigate.

Christian Carreira and Anthony Ponomorenko- I know that Marina Klimova works with Igor sometimes. I've see her in Novi working with teams. It makes sense that Anthony is there. One problem; Igor is styling them like Lang and Tchernyshev.This team can benefit greatly from having Pasquale work with them and i hope that they do.

Marina Zueva- Well, the good news is that she does good pair choreography. Bad news, nobody is using her these days. In terms of Ice Dance though, she's the odd "man" out. I think that in this quad, she is going to have the toughest time building a name for herself. Nobody at the top has stayed with her the past quad with the exception of the Shibs. Now that they're gone, i'm not sure. I don't know if she desires to mold a team from scratch at this point. I wonder if she would be a good advisor? I do wish she would work with American pairs and not just giving them an overused classical piece to skate to. I am wondering what she will be doing the next 4 years. I would hate for her to become like Natalia Linichuk but...

VGThuy

It'd be strange if the Shibs are Marina's last hurrah in ice dance. She's a survivor and has stayed relevant for far longer than most people predicted when Igor and her broke up. I think if she sees the writing on the wall, she'll adapt to something else.

This coaching change is confusing to me coming from the skaters and confusing as well from the coaches. What are Madison and Evan hoping to get from this? Marie-France has not always struck gold finding a look and point of view for her teams. It took a while for her to nail it with Madison and Zack.

I actually disagree with that somewhat. I think people got excited with Madison and Zach with their "Hallelujah SD" from their first season at Gadbois, and by Worlds their Tron Adiago FD struck the right cord. Then last season, people seemed to love their romantic FD and by Worlds their SD became much better than it was previously. This past season, so many loved their FD.

arakwafan2006

I actually disagree with that somewhat. I think people got excited with Madison and Zach with their "Hallelujah SD" from their first season at Gadbois, and by Worlds their Tron Adiago FD struck the right cord. Then last season, people seemed to love their romantic FD and by Worlds their SD became much better than it was previously. This past season, so many loved their FD.

What do you disagree with? You didn't actually say. If anything, you aided my point.

ichiro

Wow C/B w/ Gadbois...not sure how that's going to pan out.

Let's hope that Igor and Pasquale team up. I'd love love to see W/P move to them. Morozov did soften them a lot but the programs were less interesting. Their new show program would have worked so much better than Spartacus and Je suis malade (return).

dramagrrl

And they do have 2 rinks

Canadian juniors Ellie Fisher and Simon-Pierre Malette-Paquette (who I would say are the most promising Canadian junior team aside from L/L) are also at Gadbois.

Spiralgraph

Color me a bit surprised at C/B's move to Montreal too. Although I thought they needed a coaching change. It'll be very interesting to see how alike or different the programs of C/B, H/D and H/B will be next year. I'm hoping there will be some contrast among those American teams.

muffinplus

Color me a bit surprised at C/B's move to Montreal too. Although I thought they needed a coaching change. It'll be very interesting to see how alike or different the programs of C/B, H/D and H/B will be next year. I'm hoping there will be some contrast among those American teams.

I think it's nice that H/D's program was totally different in style from P/C this year.

barbarafan

Canadian juniors Ellie Fisher and Simon-Pierre Malette-Paquette (who I would say are the most promising Canadian junior team aside from L/L) are also at Gadbois.
True...I forgot about them. However we have lost Alicia Fabbri/Claudio Pietr. as he has aged out of Juniors & she is staying Junior although they did not train at Gadbois and both are staying at I believe LMK (could be wrong) which have great coaches and choreographers as well.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I'm interested in seeing what Marie-Universe will do for Chock/Bates--hope it's not lovey-dovey. I'm also surprised that Chock/Bates are sticking around; I'm not at all sure that they can surpass what they've already achieved. Time will tell, though.

Very interested in what Pasquale will do with Carreira/Ponomarenko.

Also wondering whether either Wheaton team will make the move to Igor/Pasquale or Marina now that they have openings.

rinkside

True...I forgot about them. However we have lost Alicia Fabbri/Claudio Pietr. as he has aged out of Juniors & she is staying Junior although they did not train at Gadbois and both are staying at I believe LMK (could be wrong) which have great coaches and choreographers as well.
This is Simons last year at junior and he does seem to have many irons in the fire outside of skating.

barbarafan

I would be shocked to see any Wheaton team leave. Established teams don't go there and teams don't leave.
They all look very special and I would be surprised if they left. The only thing they might lack at all would be the politics which if the world were perfect would not matter.

RoseRed

@Anyasnake I meant couples who were together in the romantic sense :lol:
In that case, it's:
- Lauriault/Le Gac (M)
- Komatsubara/Koleto (M)
- Hubbell/Diaz (E)
- Smart/Donohue
- Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen
- Soucisse/Firus
- Chock/Bates

Like you said. These are all publicly known ones. Then Marie-France and Patch of course. It's kind of funny how many they have.

rinkside

They all look very special and I would be surprised if they left. The only thing they might lack at all would be the politics which if the world were perfect would not matter.
I think Wheaton is better at taking youngsters and bringing them along. They have not had great luck with older kids. Simon was there for awhile and he and his partner were a disaster. Elliot and his second partner were bad. Both Elliot and Simon left Wheaton before the JGP finals began. Luca's new partner needs a lot of work. Th Gamelins were there for a year I believe and then move to Igor.

RoseRed

I hope he stays in skating but is it possible Elle would move up to Seniors? How old is she?
She's 17 in August. So she'd be 18 when they had to move up, though she'd have two seasons left of junior eligibility.
The senior teams below S/F have international SBs are 140. F/MP had 133 with lower potential base value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information