The Dance Hall 6: We're All Off Our Rockers 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobre

S/B will get Russia but can't get France, it's only one week later. Plus no US or CAN since it's C/B and G/P countries, so that leaves China.

I could see Stepanova & Bukin invited to SC or SA by default. SC may prefer not to invite C&B. And G&P may prefer not to go to SA, where they have lost to Sinitsina & Katsalapov twice now. G&P have a pretty good argument for going to SC along with W&P after finishing above them at Canadian Nationals. But . . . I don't know . . . I don't really see Chock & Bates going to SA with Hubbell & Donohue.

If it plays out that way, S&B for SA.

All of this, of course, presuming Cappellini & Lanotte don't compete. Or sign up to compete and then drop out after the fact. (That would be nice & messy).

barbarafan

GP predictions :

P/C = France and NHK
H/D = Skate America and China
WeaPo = Skate Canada and Russia
They'll take their respective countries as GPs. Plus China is one week only after Canada so WeaPo can only get NHK or Russia. P/C already did China this year and NHK usually gets the top skaters.

That is IF WeaPo continue. If not it's C/L turns but I'm pretty sure they are retiring. So it's C/B decision, but it's still the same equation.
Is it possible for both WeaPo and G/P to get Skate Canada ?

Possible and a lower ranked cdn team for the 3rd dancers

lauravvv

Krylova and Camerlengo is always at present in couple and married.
Here is an extract of the interview given to the sport-inside journalist of November 05th, 2016 during the cup of Russia that nevertheless insists on the rumor of a divorce, here is their answers:

In the world of the skating the person whom I prefer is Pasquale Camerlengo I am very closely for more than 6 years and I have numerous documents which give evidence of what I writes but whom it is forbidden to me to publish.
The installation or not from Krylova to Moscow will decide later according to the reaction of his children this summer .Pasquale Camerlengo will move with his wife, they settled down in the United States because she was already an owner of a house and Carlo Fassi had deeply advised it to Pasquale.In the time they hesitated between several countries of which Russia for their installation before the birth of their daughter.
Like cholla, I am not sure whether to believe you. Like she/he said, that interview was taken in 2016, and there is nothing about them not being divorced in it anyway. They were just saying that they are still coaching together (and I did write that they continued to coach together until recently) and plan to continue doing so, but that was in 2016. Their plans may have changed completely since then.

Cathy069

Nov 5 2016 ? But we are now May 2018. I'm afraid a few things have changed...

What do you mean documents ? Unless you're their lawyer how and why would you hold documents pertaining to Krylova and Camerlengo's marital status ? What evidence "of what you write" are you talking about ? Sorry but I'm really confused here, I don't understand what you mean at all...

I have no access to this kind of document, fortunately. The last photos that I found date of the summer, 2017 and of December, 2017 that we can found easily on the social networks when we are interested in somebody and I am far from being endowed in computing.
For two years when the rumor left Moscow I always wait for confirmation from them, I would believe it that at this moment there.
Each in him straight ahead to be made the own opinion, in comparison one of their best couple that they trained W/P officialized their union but nevertheless continuous to believe that they are of simple partners.
It is always difficult to disentangle the truth of the forgery.
At the moment he interests me to know the composition of their new group, places of their training as well as their next organization.

Cathy069

GP predictions :

P/C = France and NHK
H/D = Skate America and China
WeaPo = Skate Canada and Russia
They'll take their respective countries as GPs. Plus China is one week only after Canada so WeaPo can only get NHK or Russia. P/C already did China this year and NHK usually gets the top skaters.

That is IF WeaPo continue. If not it's C/L turns but I'm pretty sure they are retiring. So it's C/B decision, but it's still the same equation.
Is it possible for both WeaPo and G/P to get Skate Canada ?

I ever understood nothing in the establishment of the lists of the competitions GP. The national champions are automatically hired in the one who in places in their country? Thus in the absence of V/M, W/P should participate in the Skateboard Canada except announcement it redeem later for the second selection is a big mystery for me.
The announcement of the list certainly stays one month before to modify according to the events (retirement, separation)

Dobre

I ever understood nothing in the establishment of the lists of the competitions GP. The national champions are automatically hired in the one who in places in their country?

It is up to the host country which three teams from their own country attend a GP. Usually, this means that--yes--the National Champions are a guaranteed selection. However, Weaver & Poje did not go to Skate Canada in 2016 when Virtue & Moir returned. This year, Weaver & Poje medaled at Worlds and were the top-ranked team at Worlds so they are likely to be Canada's number one home country pick. Gilles & Poirier are a question mark. They finished ahead of Weaver & Poje at Canadian Nationals. If two teams from the same country are ranked in the same group, either the group 1-3 or the group 4-6 at Worlds, both cannot skate at home. The second team usually has to travel. In this case, however, W&P were in a different group of three than G&P. So Canada can choose to invite both teams.

They might. Canada is short on dance teams right now, with Fournier-Beaudry & Sorenson sitting out a season, Lajoie & Lagha possibly staying on the JGP one more season, and Arnold & Williams placing relatively low at 4CCs this year (though I think A&W are still a likely host pick if L&L don't move up and as long as Soucisse & Firus can get two spots elsewhere).

It may also seem safer to invite Gilles & Poirier than Chock & Bates who have defeated Weaver & Poje about 50% of the time over the past 4 seasons. (And as Debbie says, C&B may want to compete later in the GP season if their training is delayed due to injury).

On the other hand, it's also a bit risky for Canada to invite Gilles & Poirier and Weaver & Poje to the same GP. If Canada wants Weaver & Poje to stay in international competition, then they don't need to set up a homefield head-to-head this early in the season and leave one of these teams in a subordinate position so early on. If both teams make the GPF, it will happen soon enough. When two teams are ranked very close, it's common for countries to send out the second team. Weaver & Poje and Gilles & Poirier finished back to back at the Olympics this year. It's also often better for the second team to go out and prove themselves against a #1 ranked home team by traveling and earning their way into the GPF. But . . . Gilles & Poirier's results in away competitions on the GP over the past three seasons haven't actually been as good as their end-of-the season results at Worlds. (They've lost to Sinitsinia & Katsalapov, Stepanova & Bukin, and in 2016-17 to Hubbell & Donohue). While G&P's result at SC in 16-17 was very good. (They finished ahead of Cappellini & Lanotte and Stepanova & Bukin).

So Canada may go with both Canadian teams at home this year. Or they may not.

I wouldn't. But Skate Canada might.

Last edited:

starrynight

On the other hand, it's also a bit risky for Canada to invite Gilles & Poirier and Weaver & Poje to the same GP. If Canada wants Weaver & Poje to stay in international competition, then they don't need to set up a homefield head-to-head this early in the season and leave one of these teams in a subordinate position so early on. If both teams make the GPF, it will happen soon enough. When two teams are ranked very close, it's common for countries to send out the second team. \.

I think that if Skate Canada wants to boost a team, they put them into Skate Canada International. It protects both teams due to the home court advantage and higher scores. It also hypes up teams because they get all the home attention, fluff pieces, media etc that you don't get elsewhere. It really starts the season on a roll. If Skate Canada want to back both G/P and W/P they need to have them both at Skate Canada. Not bundle one off in anonymity elsewhere.

If they send say Soucisse/Firus instead of one of them, it will just mean that S/F will get the big home score and will be imagined as the top 2 Canadian team, while the other team who wasn't invited will have to contend with other teams with their own home country advantage and will probably come off second best.

Last edited:

skategal

Bunny mama
Yeah I have a feeling Skate Canada will send both W&P and G&P to the home event and if G&P come out ahead, so be it.

VGThuy

I think Dobre is thinking about how in the 2015-2016 season how the USFS benefitted from not having both Chock/Bates and the Shibs being at Skate America and no hierarchy was established and both teams were in medal contention at Worlds. Same thing with 2017-2018 when all three US teams did not share a GP event and were close with one another in the GPF and in medal contention setting it up for Pyeongchang.

skategal

Bunny mama
I think Dobre is thinking about how in the 2015-2016 season how the USFS benefitted from not having both Chock/Bates and the Shibs being at Skate America and no hierarchy was established and both teams were in medal contention at Worlds. Same thing with 2017-2018 when all three US teams did not share a GP event and were close with one another in the GPF and in medal contention setting it up for Pyeongchang.

Yes. I just think that Skate Canada will see things differently.

If G&P (outside chance at medals currently) beat W&P (reigning World bronze medalists) at home, then Canada suddenly has 2 dance teams in medal contention for Worlds 2019.

manhn

W and P did Skate Canada last seen with V and M, and they came second, ahead of D and H. It did not hurt V and M either,

jmtfti

Skate Canada doesn't seem to follow a hard and fast approach to dance assignments, but the occasions when a national #2 has been sent elsewhere haven't hurt those teams. In 2015 the line-up was W/P, Paul/Islam, and Paradis/Ouellette -- G/P did not ultimately suffer for going elsewhere. In 2012 it was V/M, G/P, and Ralph/Hill -- W/P had a rough autumn but still wound up top 5 at Worlds after major injury. Even in 2016, with G/P picking up high marks as the second Canadians behind V/M, W/P still came out on top over the course of the season. There's nothing to suggest S/F will be vaulted above one of the other teams due to an SCI assignment, and hard to say one of the others is necessarily hurt by going to two other countries.

Anyasnake

Chock/Bates to Montreal. I was NOT expecting this one.

https://twitter.com/SkatingLesson/status/993553790497370114

(This might also mean that one of their (lower) teams is not there anymore ? Armenia or Bulgaria ?)

EDIT : That makes World #1 #2 #5 #10 #12 #13 #14 training at the same place.
(Maybe #18 If the Chinese team do so).
EDIT 2 : Zach liked the tweet. So it's a definite go.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 74551

Hmmmm. Is that situation tenable for a whole quad? Not enough room to swing a cat in Montreal.

I’m pretty surprised C/B wouldn’t want to be first priority somewhere. And I can’t imagine the USFSA are delighted that there’s been a mass exodus to Canada even if the results are there.

Anyasnake

Hmmmm. Is that situation tenable for a whole quad? Not enough room to swing a cat in Montreal.
There must be some other teams that left, maybe the Armenian team since she's on IPS apparently. But yeah, massive shocker for this.
But even if they have the same numbers of teams, this is a top team, so it does bring more competition. :eek: I would have understand pretty much anyone ranked 15 or lower, but not them.

GreenGan

I want to see how Chock and Bates evolve though. They already are great in lift, but the skating skills can be worked on, so it's logical they would go there. They're friends with P/C and get along well with H/D, so the adaptation isn't going to be difficult I think.
But if I were W/P, now I'd be quite mad tbh. They asked last year, and they got a no for answer as the rink was crowded and no C/B are in ? With the other top 3 US team ? Hard...
I hope there will still be diversity among the top US team, and among the Gadbois team too. Shibs, when they return, are gonna be very different than the other top contender.

VGThuy

It's kind of weird that the top 2 Canadians aren't at Gadbois...unless they plan to change that with the Danadians.

Anyasnake

@GreenGan They took US #3 but didn't want CAN #2 :scream:
Well actually they have 3 CAN teams aiming for Beijing now. They can't take WeaPo (especially since they might not go until 2022).

Rafter

@GreenGan They took US #3 but didn't want CAN #2 :scream:
Well actually they have 3 CAN teams aiming for Beijing now. They can't take WeaPo (especially since they might not go until 2022).

And Chock and Bates will go to 2022? I’m not so sure. Isn’t Bates Charlie White’s age?

Btw, I thought that was a rumour about D/L turning down W/P. I don’t think it was ever confirmed. I thought that W/P were deciding between Zoueva and Morozov and chose Morozov.

Anyasnake

He'll be turning 33 during the next Games, which was Fabian Bourzat's Age durin Sochi. But since C/B have done "only" 7 seasons together, I'm guessing they don't feel done.

According again to TSL, Igor and Pasquale have teamed up, which makes that move to Montreal even weirder. :confused:

VGThuy

He'll be turning 33 during the next Games, which was Fabian Bourzat's Age durin Sochi. But since C/B have done "only" 7 seasons together, I'm guessing they don't feel done.

According again to TSL, Igor and Pasquale have teamed up, which makes that move to Montreal even weirder. :confused:

I would love to see the type of programs and skating to come out of Igor and Pasquale's school.

VGThuy

C/B know what the judges and fans are liking right now. I wonder if the Krylova Russian school will jump start a change in aesthetics after 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information